• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Their basically telling us that their giving up on the Wii U, like all the other devs, I mean why is the PS4 and the Xbox 1 getting both Collector's Editions of Watch Dogs & AC4. Their giving up, its over. They really wanna dethrown Nintendo with this console.

Uhh !!! You might want to get your facts straight. The Wii U is getting collectors editions for both.

http://www.shopto.ne...g-skull-edition

http://www.shopto.ne...-dedsec-edition

Edited by Gamejunkie, 04 August 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#22 PipoPito

PipoPito

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic, Metroid, Pokemon, Ape Escape

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Next: Watch Dogs lacks full game!!
Old Usernames: Pipopito, Great Mighty Poo , Pit.

#23 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Next: Watch Dogs lacks full game!!

Probably. Ubisoft is starting to take a pee on Nintendo. 

Edited by nintendo3DS, 04 August 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#24 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

Uhh !!! You might want to get your facts straight. The Wii U is getting collectors editions for both.

http://www.shopto.ne...g-skull-edition

http://www.shopto.ne...-dedsec-edition

yeah but like i have already said above, what will the WiiU versions have missing ?

i'm going to have to add the X360 version of Watch Dogs Dead Sec to my pre-orders encase the WiiU version does have something missing.

i had seen things about Splinter Cell that had made me wait until a review of the finished game came in thus i cancelled my WiiU order, but now hearing this even if the game is good i won't buy the WiiU version, i'll buy it for either my X360/PS3, so this is another game on the WiiU i won;t be buying, by Ubi doing this all it will do is drive people away from the WiiU version of the game, meaning lower sales of the games for the WiiU.

Ubi should of delayed the release of the game until the WiiU version was finished & then released the full game on all formats simultaneously, like they did with Rayman Legends. 

#25 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

yeah but like i have already said above, what will the WiiU versions have missing ?

i'm going to have to add the X360 version of Watch Dogs Dead Sec to my pre-orders encase the WiiU version does have something missing.

i had seen things about Splinter Cell that had made me wait until a review of the finished game came in thus i cancelled my WiiU order, but now hearing this even if the game is good i won't buy the WiiU version, i'll buy it for either my X360/PS3, so this is another game on the WiiU i won;t be buying, by Ubi doing this all it will do is drive people away from the WiiU version of the game, meaning lower sales of the games for the WiiU.

Ubi should of delayed the release of the game until the WiiU version was finished & then released the full game on all formats simultaneously, like they did with Rayman Legends.

That wasn't my point. I was just correcting Julio93 as be said there weren't any Wii U collectors editions for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 4. Personally I'm getting a PS4 and Xbox One and I'm keeping my PS3 so if I buy any of these or other multiplatform games ill just get them for the platform that makes sense for me.

#26 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

That wasn't my point. I was just correcting Julio93 as be said there weren't any Wii U collectors editions for Watch Dogs and Assassins Creed 4. Personally I'm getting a PS4 and Xbox One and I'm keeping my PS3 so if I buy any of these or other multiplatform games ill just get them for the platform that makes sense for me.

will you be buying Watchdogs for your WiiU ?

#27 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

...if you simply didnt have time, then add it in a patch.

This. Is it that hard Ubi?
No sig.

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

will you be buying Watchdogs for your WiiU ?

I haven't yet decided which console I'm going to buy it for although it will either be the Wii U or PS4. It depends to an extent whether they use the Wii U's Gamepad effectively and innovatively or not as well as the how the graphics and online structure compares between the two.

#29 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

I should care, but since my wife is no good at these kind of games, nor my friends, I'm okay. wii-u will still be my choice of platform. 

#30 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Ubisoft believes that there isn't enough Wii U users interested in playing this game online to justify server support.

If enough people buy this game it would be pretty easy to patch the game and release multiplayer. People shouldn't be so quick to judge Ubisoft until we see the sales figures of the game. If we have just as many games sold as on the PS3 or 360 than we can get mad at Ubisoft but if we have dramatically lower sales on the Wii U you can't get mad at Ubisoft when people aren't interested in buying the game in the first place.

It's sad to see this happen because just recently a PC game called Dota 2 was released and because they predicted so many people would play the game they had to gradually release servers based on how many people are trying to play the game. This is the complete opposite. Wii U's user base isn't very predictable right now because the Wii U hasn't sold that well analysts have very little information on what Wii U users actually want and how many want that. 

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ubisoft believes that there isn't enough Wii U users interested in playing this game online to justify server support.

If enough people buy this game it would be pretty easy to patch the game and release multiplayer. People shouldn't be so quick to judge Ubisoft until we see the sales figures of the game. If we have just as many games sold as on the PS3 or 360 than we can get mad at Ubisoft but if we have dramatically lower sales on the Wii U you can't get mad at Ubisoft when people aren't interested in buying the game in the first place.

It's sad to see this happen because just recently a PC game called Dota 2 was released and because they predicted so many people would play the game they had to gradually release servers based on how many people are trying to play the game. This is the complete opposite. Wii U's user base isn't very predictable right now because the Wii U hasn't sold that well analysts have very little information on what Wii U users actually want and how many want that.

This thread is about the offline co-op being left out not the online multiplayer. There really is no excise for either though especially local co-op which doesn't require servers.

#32 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 05 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Don't really care if it has local play, I'm more interested to see if they use the pad in a good way as this is one of those games that could really do some fun interesting stuff on the spy gadget side of things

Edited by dark_rabbid, 05 August 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#33 EvilMoogle

EvilMoogle

Spiny

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:45 PM

This thread is about the offline co-op being left out not the online multiplayer. There really is no excise for either though especially local co-op which doesn't require servers.

Oh- I read the news wrong. Guess it won't really affect me at all then I can't remember the last offline co-op I've played because all of my friends have the same consoles as me and they just bring over their consoles or play with me online. I'm just glad that it will actually have online multiplayer modes. 

Edited by EvilMoogle, 05 August 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#34 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Probably. Ubisoft is starting to take a pee on Nintendo. 

Technically they've been peeing out the best games for Wii U since its inception...

And online is better anyway. Cmon guys!

#35 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Man... it´s getting really annoying with the third party "support"... No, Ubisoft.. I wouldnt care less about the Wii U version hitting the shelves the same day as other versions. What I do care about however is if the game is complete or not..

Not that i think that the Wii U version will sell anyway, the install base is just too low so its doomed either way.. But at least they could care for those who actually do spend their money on their product while its out there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!