• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Rickhunter7

Rickhunter7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

So, there exist some games that support off TV play right?. My question is, if you have one of such games loaded is it possible to play them without using the TV at all? and by this I mean turning the Wii U on, launching the game, playing the game without ever turning the TV on.

I am curious because if this is possible there are at least two possibilities that seem very exciting to me:

First, my grandparents own a house in the mountains where we like to go often. In there there is electricity but no TV or internet whatsoever. If I don't need a TV at all I can take my Wii U there!

Second, and this one is exciting! You know there are some adapters that plug into your car's cigarette lighter and give you 110 Volts, which is what the Wii U needs to work, so if you have a long and boring road trip ahead you could take your Wii U on the road!!

#2 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

1) Yes you can, some games can switch to Off TV on the fly with the gamepad (NFS MW press -, Mass Effect 3 GamePad screen I think, etc)

2) Yes again, I've done this back in January, I played Mario right on the gamepad :333

http://www.amazon.co...1169833-2357266

I used this

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

The Wii U is a lot lower voltage than the other consoles, and when I visited my sister I did just plug my Wii U to a wall to play scribblenauts.

But EB games is selling this console carrying bag that has a hdmi (720p) built in.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Marcus Noer

Marcus Noer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

Had had my Wii u connectet to a car voltage adaptor. for a looong trip, It worked fine but..

The screen is really bad when is has sun lighting on it, i did not use mine in the car because of that reason, unplayable for me. 

Some games like Monster Hunter, and Tekken, you have to change to off tv play on the screen, you cant do it by the gamepad itself. So do that first if thats the games you want to play :)

Is also says in the Warranty thay you shal not use it in a car. 

Edited by Marcus Noer, 08 August 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#5 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes, for some games you do not need TV AT ALL. You can literally use your entire Wii U console on your Wii U. (Although if you bought a Wii U and have never used it, you will need a TV to set up the entire console, after that you can use the entire console on your gamepad).

Playing in a car may be risky, you need your entire console stationary so your disk doesn't get scratch or so. when you hit a bump it doesn't fly in the air.

Games that can be played on the gamepad are  NSMBU (although you need to update the game before you play it to gain off-tv play), Mass Effect 3, Darksiders 2, Pikmin 3, monster hunter 3, Tekken, Sonic all stars racing others aswell but i can't seem to think atm :(

REMEMBER to google how to turn the games to work on the gamepad, so when you get the game you won't be sitting their like a duck wondering how to get it working on the gamepad. Make a note or something.

Edited by Chrop, 08 August 2013 - 10:55 AM.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Last time I turned on my TV was to play the cave, the only game I have that doesn't support off-tv aside from zombiu and nintendoland which i don't play much of.
Oh, and I was playing pikmin a few months back too.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:39 PM

If your grandparents have a electric outlet then you'll be fine, the only thing I bring is the power cord, almost all games have off TV play.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#8 Rickhunter7

Rickhunter7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

That I shouldn't use the Wii U on the road makes sense. Especially if it voids the warranty. But still I think it is fantastic that all you need to play some of your games is electricity.
This is one of those advantages that I think is so good that everybody should be talking about but nobody does.
Good thing anyways.

Edited by Rickhunter7, 09 August 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#9 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

i love the wii u because its so portable if people knew how good wii u is it would have beat the wii in term of sales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!