#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

Do you think later or maybe even soon in the Next Gen life cycle that we will see old and new games get remastered/ rereleased in 4k?

Kinda like how we got Jak HD collection we would get Jak 4k collection. This would give companies like Sony the chance to release tons of games/ Collections in 4k. While this really is a huge rip off this would make money reguardless since Nostalgia sells. 

Thoughts?

#2 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

No, I would not buy a game for SUPER HDHD GLORIOUS RESOLUTION. I don't even know anyone that has a higher resolution TV than 1080p. I just got a 1080p TV like a month ago. 

image.png

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:12 PM

I think it's too early for 4k. I don't believe either the PS$ or XBone can render that high

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Why even buy a 4K tv now. Barely anything supports it yet.

794144.png?13383682

#5 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

4k is over rated.
Nothing out there that is worth it. I think there is a few cameras out there and a hand full of tps that can play it. Most stuff not even at full speed.

But in some yrs it will be normall and no one would want those old games.
It's like wanting the old super Mario world 2. From nes to be in 1080p. Just not something that I can see happening.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

4K TVs aren't in everyone's house, so it wouldn't make sense for 4K Collections. The PS4 can't even display games in 4K: only movies and pictures.

Even if both systems did get that, I don't think anyone would buy it, at least if it were physical. If it PSN/XBLA exclusive, than it would help more because games aren't backwards compatable, so you're entire PSN/XBLA library will be lost, unless the PS4 has the same PSN library as the PS3 did, and you could transfer your account to the PS4.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 TheDoritoKing

TheDoritoKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • NNID:Sir-Homsar

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

I don't even have a 1080p TV, let alone some multi-thousand dollar 4K monstrosity; so I don't see the point. 

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

um the only games the console just might be able to manage are N64/PS1 era games and quality, with higher res textures, and thats about it. other than that you need a top of a line GPU to get 4k with good ingame graphics.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

um the only games the console just might be able to manage are N64/PS1 era games and quality, with higher res textures, and thats about it. other than that you need a top of a line GPU to get 4k with good ingame graphics.

The games that would be remade would be PS2/Original Xbox games. Those wouldn't tax the system at all.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#10 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

Nah, the launch line up stuff seems to struggle with 1080 60fps. The nest gen pair are not high end pc spec, they are mid range pc parts built to a price bracket.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#11 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

I didnt know much about 4K just figured id ask maybe one day we will have some 4k games 

#12 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

I didnt know much about 4K just figured id ask maybe one day we will have some 4k games

We probably will have some 4K games on Xbox 1. Since most people oy have HDTVs, it wouldn't make as much sense to make it a priority. If Microsoft started releasing OG Xbox titles on the XBLA (they have a few currently, but the only ones I've seen were Halo 1, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Max Payne), they may add 4K support, as the few on 360 are only 480p.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Ps4 and x1 can possibly use up scaling chips. But we are talking serious algorithm work. Would likely not look too great v

Beyond that, no 4k. The systems aren't powerful enough.

They'd need a minimum of 15" MacBook Pro specs.

4k gaming will happen in 5 years. This gen won't be as long as last.

#14 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:03 PM

Ps4 and x1 can possibly use up scaling chips. But we are talking serious algorithm work. Would likely not look too great v

Beyond that, no 4k. The systems aren't powerful enough.

They'd need a minimum of 15" MacBook Pro specs.

4k gaming will happen in 5 years. This gen won't be as long as last.

Sony already said PS4 is on a 10 year plan if im not mistaken. 

#15 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

Sony already said PS4 is on a 10 year plan if im not mistaken.

Lol

Only in the generation overlap sense.

#16 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:30 AM

We probably will have some 4K games on Xbox 1. Since most people oy have HDTVs, it wouldn't make as much sense to make it a priority. If Microsoft started releasing OG Xbox titles on the XBLA (they have a few currently, but the only ones I've seen were Halo 1, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and Max Payne), they may add 4K support, as the few on 360 are only 480p.

if X1 can come up close to almost 100x the power of the og xbox then yes, otherwise now.

#17 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

It could be done, I suspect even PS4 can do it but they say it can't because its not worth it.

The PS3 could run GT5 in 1080p 3D but only at 24fps due to HDMI limitations, the same applies to 4K.   You need HDMI 2.0 for 4K at 60fps even in 2D and as that specification has only just been finalised (AFTER the Xbox One/PS4 specs were finished), there isn't much chance of it seeing as what the GPU could handle at that resolution would be pretty crap anyway.

On the other hand 24fps is perfectly fine for most movie content.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

Yes, they will be.
Expect them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

How much more power do you need to render 4K 30FPS?

Not sure next gen, would be able to handle that. Depends on the games I think.

Edited by namkotje, 05 September 2013 - 02:14 PM.

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

How much more power do you need to render 4K 30FPS?

Not sure next gen, would be able to handle that. Depends on the games I think.

depends what's in the frame.

The new samsung galaxy note 3 can record 4k video.

Edited by Nollog, 05 September 2013 - 04:02 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!