• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 steve3110

steve3110

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

hi im hopeing to get a wii u on wednesday,i havent got that much money so i was wondering whether a basic model will be ok?,im not that bothered about downloading games,ill be only be saving games really,

thanks for any help

#2 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:39 PM

Wait for the LOZ Deluxe bundle. Even though it's DD, you can still add more memory and it'll be cheaper.  You can always add an external hard-drive later on.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

The Delux set is supposed to be dropping to the same price of the basic set soon, and the basic set should be discounted for clearance.

And you can pick up a Tiny 16GB USB drive for $10, so even if space becomes an issue it's still cheaper that way to get a Basic. It just depends on if you want any oft eh stuff the Deluxe comes with.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Like Daisy said, wait for the Wind Waker Deluxe Bundle. It's the same price as the Basic and it comes with Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

Enough said....wait for the Wind Waker Deluxe...same price and you get a game!!!  What more can you ask for. 

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

the hard drive space isn't really a reason to get deluxe over basic.

It's down to the colour you prefer, and in the case of deluxe, if you want 10% back on eShop purchases.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

the hard drive space isn't really a reason to get deluxe over basic.

It's down to the colour you prefer, and in the case of deluxe, if you want 10% back on eShop purchases.

You also get s charging cradle with the deluxe. I find it a nice bonus.

That said. .. wait for the Wind Walker set.

#8 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

if you can find a WW edition lol 

bb0.gif

#9 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 16 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

WW set definitely

#10 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

If you're a collector, you should probably get the Basic bundle since it's getting discontinued for good. Otherwise, you should get the Wind Waker HD bundle, or if you live in Europe, the Lego City Undercover bundle or the Mario & Luigi bundle.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#11 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

Get the Wind Waker HD set. It's really good looking. 

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#12 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

I wish I just got the basic, I have played Nintendo land once, and ended up buying a 500GB external hdd to use anyway.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#13 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I wish I just got the basic, I have played Nintendo land once, and ended up buying a 500GB external hdd to use anyway.

Same here.  I got the Deluxe for the colour and storage, only to find out I had to use an external HDD/stick anyway to speed up my downloads as the internal memory seems to be really slow on the Wii U.

I also am unlikely to buy enough content on the eShop to get any benefit from the 10% offer, I never use the GamePad cradle as I like to leave it plugged in while playing and you have to keep swapping the cable then.  So overall I paid extra just to get a black console over white. :(

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#14 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

I got the basic as all of my accessories are White. I ended up getting NintendoLand anyways, but I still prefer the white.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#15 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

I would cry if i bought Nintendo land at full price . hopefully you got it cheap.

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

no...

#17 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Get the Wind Waker bundle. I don't think it's going to be available in certain territories though, such as Australia.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#18 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Same here.  I got the Deluxe for the colour and storage, only to find out I had to use an external HDD/stick anyway to speed up my downloads as the internal memory seems to be really slow on the Wii U.

I also am unlikely to buy enough content on the eShop to get any benefit from the 10% offer, I never use the GamePad cradle as I like to leave it plugged in while playing and you have to keep swapping the cable then.  So overall I paid extra just to get a black console over white. :(

You paid extra, for a decent promotion (Deluxe Digital Promotion), useful stands (for video chatting), more storage (32 GB) and a full game (Nintendo Land). You didn't waste your money. :)

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#19 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

I personally prefer the white color, though.  The black gamepad shows fingerprint smudges so easily!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

You paid extra, for a decent promotion (Deluxe Digital Promotion), useful stands (for video chatting), more storage (32 GB) and a full game (Nintendo Land). You didn't waste your money. :)

You mean $2 worth of stands, can buy a 32gb usb for like $10 and pretty much a technical demo lol

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!