Photo

What if Nintendo was to re-release classics in HD?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: What if Nintendo was to re-release classics in HD? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like it if Nintendo re-released classics in HD?

1. I'd love it (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. I'd love it, but I don't want to pay full price for them (5 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

3. I'd love it if a couple of my favourites were re-done (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. I don't want old games, I want new ones! (6 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. I don't want to re-buy my collection all over again. (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

6. I don't know (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. None of the above options are close to my response (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

I was saying this leading up to the Wii U release, if they did HD collections they'd probably make a killing, or at least sell some more consoles.  Do an HD Super Mario All Stars collection, Super Mario World, Zelda 1/2 HD remakes.   Super Metroid, hell the Prime trilogy.  All those Super Nintendo Donkey Kong Country games.

I'd buy much.

#22 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:48 AM

dolphin emulator.

#23 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

At least from what I have read, I think that Nintendo might have underestimated how much it takes to make a game in HD.  I wouldn't want these releases at the expense of fresh releases.  

I was saying this leading up to the Wii U release, if they did HD collections they'd probably make a killing, or at least sell some more consoles.  Do an HD Super Mario All Stars collection, Super Mario World, Zelda 1/2 HD remakes.   Super Metroid, hell the Prime trilogy.  All those Super Nintendo Donkey Kong Country games.

I'd buy much.

#24 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

At least from what I have read, I think that Nintendo might have underestimated how much it takes to make a game in HD.  I wouldn't want these releases at the expense of fresh releases.  

Yeah they didn't realise how big the gap from SD to HD was in terms of manpower needed, but I think they were talking about it in terms of developing HD games from the ground up. Now that they are getting used to it and getting games out faster, doing an HD port of some older games from GC and Wii shouldn't take up a huge amount of resources. 

Personally, I would love to see A Skyward Sword/Twilight Princess double pack, a Donkey Kong Country Collection, Metroid Prime Collection, and a 3D Mario Collection.

#25 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

If they did, then people would just complain that Nintendo never does anything new with their games despite the same thing happening with HD Collections on the PS360.

The difference being that the other consoles release new games and don't charge full price. See metal gear legacy

1367065580450s.jpg

#26 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

I would think that F-zero would be fairly easy to remaster.....  but then again, why not just have a new release of F-zero.  that would at least be a good eshop game.

#27 Bx don

Bx don

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I just finished castles of illusions and I'm currently playing ducktails. I think the HD remake are a lot of fun. An I wouldn't mind some more classics remade in HD.
572355.png

#28 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I want new games. Sick of these HD "remakes"/ports. I didn't buy a Wii U for nostalgia purposes. This goes for HD collections in general. The 360/PS3 are littered with them.

Best comment so far on the forums.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#29 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Only game I'd like to really see 'redone' would be Xenoblade Chronicles released on the e-shop, and that's just so that I can tell Gamestop to go f*** off with their price gouging BS.

Other than that, it would be cool to see Skies of Arcadia remade in HD. That game was glorious. Make it happen Sega. 

pNgecl.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!