#41 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

I can tag anything I want as an "accomplishment" with a screenshot and post it to miiverse.
Is that better or worse than a number on my dashboard?

It's neither better nor worse. It's different.

Edited by Arkhandar, 30 September 2013 - 05:18 AM.

If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#42 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

I think it's better.
if you want to e-pingas usual you can, if you don't care about achives you don't have to know about it.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#43 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

I think it's better.
if you want to e-pingas usual you can, if you don't care about achives you don't have to know about it.

But there's no universal achives system, that's the problem. And there are people who actually enjoy having one (and it's 100% optional).

Edited by Arkhandar, 30 September 2013 - 06:23 AM.

Posted Image

#44 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

But there's no universal achives system, that's the problem. And there are people who actually enjoy having one (and it's 100% optional).

I don't see how that's a problem though.
I don't get how Nintendo collecting all the crap into a big database adds anything at all.

They're just something I never understood at all.
I've gotten 100% achievements in one game, because I loved it and wanted an excuse to keep playing it. Alien Swarm.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#45 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

I don't see how that's a problem though.
I don't get how Nintendo collecting all the crap into a big database adds anything at all.

They're just something I never understood at all.
I've gotten 100% achievements in one game, because I loved it and wanted an excuse to keep playing it. Alien Swarm.

It adds something because achievements are the same principle as hiscore tables/leaderboards.  You look at what your friends have done and your aim is to match or beat them.  Like I have already said, there have been times I have gone back to a game purely down to the achievements and gotten enjoyment out of that game I wouldn't otherwise.  Sure, there are games where you go back and realise you are just grinding for the sake of it and not really enjoying yourself, but that is no reason to dismiss the positives.

Do you think hiscore tables are pointless because you could just take a screenshot of your score or brag and have people TRUST you were telling the truth?

Miiverse is useless for the above things as its not easy to routinely keep on an eye of what people have done.  An automated persistent achievement list is useful, particularly as you can look at it on phone and PC as well.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 30 September 2013 - 09:18 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#46 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Do you think hiscore tables are pointless because you could just take a screenshot of your score or brag and have people TRUST you were telling the truth?

Miiverse is useless for the above things as its not easy to routinely keep on an eye of what people have done.  An automated persistent achievement list is useful, particularly as you can look at it on phone and PC as well.

No I think high scores and leader boards are pointless because they're putting serious effort into something you do for fun.

So it's just for big dicking it?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#47 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

No I think high scores and leader boards are pointless because they're putting serious effort into something you do for fun.

So it's just for big dicking it?

Great, we have different opinions, that's good.

Don't like achievements? Ignore them. Think that leaderboards are useless? Forget about them. Just play the game whichever way you prefer, just like us.  

We like our achievements and/or leaderboards - we use them. You can't stand them - don't use them. Simple as that.

End of discussion.

Edited by Arkhandar, 30 September 2013 - 01:09 PM.

Posted Image

#48 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

End of discussion.

no it isn;t.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#49 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

no it isn;t.

Sorry :(

Posted Image

#50 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

The battle over the merit of achievements will rage on if Nintendo decides to incorpotate them or not ... it is always a heated debate.

One thing I do not think you will ever see is Facebook integration, a top person at Nintendo stated he does not have a Facebook account but if he did, he would use it to talk about travel experiences with friends and family but he does think any of them would be interested in what new item he just got in Animal Crossing New Leaf ... but gamers might be, and that is what Miiverse is for, a gaming community,

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

#51 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

The battle over the merit of achievements will rage on if Nintendo decides to incorpotate them or not ... it is always a heated debate.

One thing I do not think you will ever see is Facebook integration, a top person at Nintendo stated he does not have a Facebook account but if he did, he would use it to talk about travel experiences with friends and family but he does think any of them would be interested in what new item he just got in Animal Crossing New Leaf ... but gamers might be, and that is what Miiverse is for, a gaming community,

Most gamers have gamer friends though.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#52 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

On the other hand, a Miiverse Facebook app wouldn't hurt a thing, aka Free Advertising.  

Posted Image

#53 RETROBLAST

RETROBLAST

Spiny

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • NNID:RetroBlast
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, Zelda, Ricochet Infinity

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

well, now they let you upload ingame pics when you open the browser while playing a game so you can upload them to facebook and twitter...so looks like they caved in somewhat

Edited by RETROBLAST, 01 October 2013 - 03:58 PM.

I'v Been Playing Video Games Since The Days Of Pong & It Looks Like I'll Be Playing Them 'Till The Day I'm Gone !!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!