Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:57 AM

A journalist says she was "completely dehumanised" on stage during an Xbox One Event at Eurogamer Expo 2013, by a comedian who made degrading jokes about her gender. Eurogamer Expo says it is investigating the matter.P

Laura Kate Dale, who is a transgender woman, says she was called "he," "it," "thing" and "this one," by the presenter, who does not appear to be a Microsoft employee but an entertainer hired for the event.1P

She brought up the incident in a series of messages on her Twitter account:P

Hope someone from Microsoft sees this. Your presenter made completely dehumanised me in front of an audience. Ruined my Eurogamer.

Shows me for trying to take part and have fun like everyone else.P

Dale identified the presenter as Fraser Millward, a British actor and comedian.P

Screw not naming and shaming. I'm fed up of not naming these people.P

Dale said later that booth personnel attempted to apologize but would not bring the presenter out for Dale to confront him.2P

People at the stage "appologise that I was upset by his comments". Refused to bring him out for me to talk to.

Refused to give full name, refused to appologise for his actual actions.P

Eurogamer Expo's official Twitter account told several followers that expo staff were investigating the matter. An expo representative told Kotaku that comment on the matter was pending the completion of that inquiry.P

Microsoft's corporate posture is one of support for transgendered persons, through its GLEAM employee resource group, and the company has been visible in that support, notably sending aHalo Warthog and a Master Chief cosplayer http://bit.ly/19Ow4su. Dale later said "I doubt it was intentional," referring to the comedian's jokes about her appearance, "but doesn't make it any less humiliating."P

http://kotaku.com/xb...nsge-1421596988

Oh wow, that's upsetting. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Julio93

Julio93

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • NNID:Julio93
  • Fandom:
    All Nintendo & Capcom franchises.

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:07 AM

This is why I don't like or trust the people at Microsoft.

kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-15-slice.

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

POPULAR

This is what comedians do.
Has she never been to a show in her life?

They notice your foibles and point them out for fun, don't take someone whose job is to not be taken seriously, seriously.
Idiot.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

This is why I don't like or trust the people at Microsoft.

she was called "he," "it," "thing" and "this one," by the presenter, who does not appear to be a Microsoft employee but an entertainer hired for the event.

Really, the Microsoft hate is getting tiring on this site. Entertainers make fun of anyone, regardless of who they are. Their job is to entertain.

#5 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

This is what comedians do.
Has she never been to a show in her life?

They notice your foibles and point them out for fun, don't take someone whose job is to not be taken seriously, seriously.
Idiot.

All you have to do is look at the recent tesco and asda "mental patient" costume scandal to see that you can't say or do anything these days even if it is a "joke" or just a bit of fun http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24278768.

#6 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

MS can't control what an outside source says they just hired him to tell some jokes. They can't do anything about it except apologize either since well he doesn't work for MS. Let's be honest that was a worst case scenario and they probably never expected something like that to ever happen. The guy is a horrible comedian and person but that's not MS's fault. By the way I'm defending MS not the comedian.

Edited by Sage, 01 October 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#7 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

https://twitter.com/FraserMillward
He says he never used those words on stage (when addressing her).

Edited by Nollog, 01 October 2013 - 02:13 PM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#8 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

technically, he is a he, regardless of what he wants to be called. even surgery doesn't change that.

Now, someone who i born a hermaphrodite is a more difficult to discern scenario, but it most cases, there is a dominant gender.

if "she" married a guy who didn't know, that would just be wrong and he should be able to sue for being deceived.

But I agree MS should have made sure their entertainment had a handle on things.

they just cannot seem to get it together. Earlier in the year, thy had an entertainer at an MS store who proceeded to cuss and kick product off of the tables during his "performance"

Edited by Socalmuscle, 02 October 2013 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!