• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I got a Wii U last Christmas but in May, we were broken in to & it was stolen.

I finally decided today to buy a new one & bought the Wind Waker HD bundle.

When setting up, I clicked "Link an existing ID", put in all my account details and it said that it can't be used as it's linked with an existing Wii U.

I called the UK customer services and explained to them my situation but they couldn't help. They asked if I had the serial number for the old one but I don't (have moved home since it was stolen & no longer have box) so I'm not sure if they could've done something if I had the number

The advisor then told me to email customer service explaining what has happened with my Nintendo Network ID login details & my Club Nintendo details. I'm guessing that because I registered my Wii U on Club Nintendo that they'll be able to access the serial number there?

I understand that purchases can't be transferred to a new Wii U (really poor!) but I only bought F-Zero so not too bothered by that but surely Nintendo can't be that backwards that a user ID can't be transferred??? What is the point of having the option to link a user ID if you can't?!

Anyway, is there any chance in hell that Nintendo can do anything to help me out or was the guy on the phone trying to pass the buck so he didn't have to tell me the bad news?

Anyone been in a similar situation & been successful?

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Keep Daisying at them and they'll do it.

They probably will need the serial number, did you throw away the box?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

When I moved house, I used the box to move items in & because I no longer had the Wii U, I gave all the boxes we used to a friend that was moving home, including the Wii U one.

I didn't see using my ID on a different being an issue as I can do it on my PS3 & the 360 allows it too. I had read that purchases couldn't be used on another console though.

Nintendo should know which console my ID is on though? Some database or can trace the code I used on Club Nintendo to the console it goes with

#4 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

I love Nintendo games, but their software really is lousy.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#5 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:00 AM

Nintendo innovate in so many ways but simple things like this they struggle with! Don't want to redeem my Zelda code until this gets sorted.

I can sign into Miiverse using my Nintendo ID on the website but not on my £249 console!

Just received an email reply from customer service

Thank you for your email regarding your Nintendo Wii U console.

We can confirm we have received your details in regards to your Nintendo Wii U console and Club Nintendo account details.

We will investigate account further and we will contact you in regards to the unlinking.

We appreciate your patience, please expect a response within the next 3 to 5 working days.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Bob Rupert

So fingers crossed this can be fixed

#6 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

It obviously CAN be fixed, but the serial number is the only real way they have to verify you aren't just trying to steal someone elses console.

Obviously with the games tying to the console its a much bigger deal as while it seems they do not disable the games remotely (or maybe they do, we dont really know right now), once the console is unlinked they will not be able to download them again if they get deleted.  This obviously would be a big deal if in fact you were lying and (for example) trying to get your ex girlfriends console blocked.

Its not as big a deal on Xbox/PS3 as they DO allow you to migrate the licenses onto a new console painlessly and at LEAST still play the games on an unlicensed console, as long as you are signed in online at the time.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#7 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

I didn't think of that... I could be a conman trying to wipe £100's worth of games out of spite lol The only game I had was F-Zero and I bought that in the sale so hopefully that will go in my favour if they do think like that as there's minimal financial loss.

I emailed them with my address, DOB, full name, email addresses & passwords for NN & CN so hope that should be enough to get this fixed.

I hope Nintendo fix it so it's more like Playstation/Xbox where it's possible to use your ID on more than one console. I had read that this was something they were working on but that was nearly 12 months ago & still nothing's changed!

#8 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thats why i bought an xbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!