• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Man

Mad Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:56 AM

I've had this idea for a while, actually. It's a bit different to the normal shooters out on the market, where you've got you're guns and you're out on the battle field, just shooting people willy nilly. A large portion of this game would be spent out at sea. The idea behind the game is Pirates vs the East India Trading Company/Royal Navy. The character should be fully customizable (On what else should you spend your stolen money? Except for more weapons that is - and bigger ships.)
      The basic concept is that you become a pirate, and you have to find a crew to join (I'm thinking that perhaps the game logs into your system's clock, and depending on what day of the year it is there would be different crews to join, sometime none at all). At first it's unlikely that you'd start with more than a small schooner, but you can sail around to find ships to plunder and potentially steal. With this money you can go out and buy guns, swords and clothing, or if you have enough, ships.
      This game should probably have some fantasy elements, such as the Kraken, the Flying Dutchman, ect. if only to keep it interesting after a while. By the time you encounter these "bosses" you should have a big fleet of ships. This should take most of the attention off the main character for a while, and bring in a more RTS style theme to the game, where you use the touch screen to take control of your fleet from a birds eye view, trying to tackle the enemy, or flee as the case may be.
     Later on in the game you may possibly be caught by the Navy. I'm not sure if I want to introduce a sort of 'Game over' scene where you get hanged, but I'm definitely open for your crew to be caught and be hanged. Perhaps you'll be asked to become a privateer, and you'll be given the choice to work for the Navy. This would not be a bad choice, especially if you get a bigger ship, a bigger crew, and a bigger amount of loot.
     And how about online? Perhaps you and your friends could come together and fight along side each other, or fight against each other, battling over the treasure.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I love this idea. This will make a good Wii u game, heck I may buy it if it is done well.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

I'd definitely be interested in a game like that. The Wii U would be capable of having a huge world to sail/explore and online could also work - It'd be great to run into other players' ships during the game.

#4 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

i must say this sounds awesome!! is there any chance of this happening? i would definately look forward to buying a well done game like that :D
Posted Image

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:43 PM

The idea behind the game is Pirates vs the East India Trading Company/Royal Navy.

Someone's been watching Disney movies.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Mad Man

Mad Man

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:39 AM

Someone's been watching Disney movies.

Yeah, because Pirates never really fought against the Navy and the East India Trading Company in real life, did they? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!