- HDMI pass through eliminates surround sound
- "big ass black box"
- taller thumbsticks "ungainly"
- kinect doesn't work as advertised
- windows 8 type UI (all squares)
- multitasking hard to parse
- downloadable games disappoint

http://kotaku.com/th...view-1467960010

Will wait for inevitable price drop, rofl .

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

POPULAR

I really don't understand why people don't like the metro type ui, it's clean and allows you to see a lot more at a time than the PS4's ui

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I've read a bunch of reviews that really like it but it's all a work in progress that in a year or 2 will work perfectly.

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

I like the UI but most of these things were to be expected. Remember the 360? That little f***er had countless of 'weak spots'  until the Xbox Slim was released.  

No sig.

#5 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:40 AM

POPULAR

So Wii U is relevant again?

What a twiiiiiiiiiiiiist

794144.png?13383682

#6 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

I will buy xbox one  a month after launch , i simply love xbox

#7 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

I thought the UI was one of the strengths of Xbox1.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

<br />- "a work in procress"<br />
- "not that adaptable"<br />

<br />They sure have issues with spelling for a journalistic publication. lol, rainbowty web blogs.<br />

<br />Also, that contradiction. LoL

Edited by Nollog, 20 November 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

I hope the new consoles get as little slack for their shortcomings as the Wii U has gotten

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#10 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 20 November 2013 - 12:30 PM

Add crap exclusives to the list. 

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

If Donkey Kong, Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are even close to what Mario 3d is looking like it's going to be, Nintendo will be fine.

#12 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:53 PM

I really don't understand why people don't like the metro type ui, it's clean and allows you to see a lot more at a time than the PS4's ui

it's awful. I have it on my desktop and it's an insult. It's obviously made for touch screens. To have to deal with that with a controller? forget it. If they have metro, that means im not getting an xbone just for that reason alone.

edit: on a side note, it appears that next gen consoles are all going to have their own difficulties. PC MASTER RACEEEEEE ^^

Edited by DexterousGecko, 20 November 2013 - 11:54 PM.

#13 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

In everything I have seen you can see far less. More importantly, because its just blocks of solid colours its harder to actually perceive what is on the screen.

I like the UI but most of these things were to be expected. Remember the 360? That little f***er had countless of 'weak spots' until the Xbox Slim was released.

You are talking about hardware flaws not software ones. The Xbox 360 OS was far better at launch than it is today IMO. The fact the OS has slowly evolved into MetroUI is one reason I am switching to PS4, as its just gotten less and less user friendly over time.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 November 2013 - 04:11 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#14 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

It may still beat Sony and their current hardware problems.

#15 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 21 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

In everything I have seen you can see far less. More importantly, because its just blocks of solid colours its harder to actually perceive what is on the screen.

on PS4 you scroll through a single thing at a time...

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:07 AM

edit: on a side note, it appears that next gen consoles are all going to have their own difficulties. PC MASTER RACEEEEEE ^^

Kay. Enjoy 3D World/Halo 5/inFAMOUS: Second Son on your PC.

Oh, wait...

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:29 AM

Kay. Enjoy 3D World/Halo 5/inFAMOUS: Second Son on your PC.

Oh, wait...

while i was being sarcastic ^^, none of those games appeal to me. I'm a console fanboy as well ^^ my PC just happens to be what I use the most right now.

#18 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

You are talking about hardware flaws not software ones. The Xbox 360 OS was far better at launch than it is today IMO. The fact the OS has slowly evolved into MetroUI is one reason I am switching to PS4, as its just gotten less and less user friendly over time.

I really like 360  OS tbh, it  looks good and I  don't really have trouble finding anything. 

No sig.

#19 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

on PS4 you scroll through a single thing at a time...

That is how a good OS SHOULD work.  On Xbox One, the tiles move around, I have already seen reviews talking about the fact you HAVE to use voice commands purely and simply because the UI is so inconsistent you can't find anything.  If I want to play a game I don't want to be fighting through TV apps, adverts, etc.  If I want to use voice commands, I will use them, I don't want to HAVE to use them because something I want is hidden away.

I strongly dislike the PS3 XMB but from what I have seen of the PS4 OS its fixed everything.  Microsoft on the other hand have made the 360 OS worse and worse IMO, with the Xbox One reaching a new low.

I really like 360  OS tbh, it  looks good and I  don't really have trouble finding anything. 

But did you use the old blades OS?  I still feel it was nicer to use.  Yes some things needed improving once our game collections got bigger, but that didn't necessarily need a complete redesign of the whole OS, just improvements in the back-end stuff.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 November 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

That is how a good OS SHOULD work.  On Xbox One, the tiles move around, I have already seen reviews talking about the fact you HAVE to use voice commands purely and simply because the UI is so inconsistent you can't find anything.  If I want to play a game I don't want to be fighting through TV apps, adverts, etc.  If I want to use voice commands, I will use them, I don't want to HAVE to use them because something I want is hidden away.

I strongly dislike the PS3 XMB but from what I have seen of the PS4 OS its fixed everything.  Microsoft on the other hand have made the 360 OS worse and worse IMO, with the Xbox One reaching a new low.

But did you use the old blades OS?  I still feel it was nicer to use.  Yes some things needed improving once our game collections got bigger, but that didn't necessarily need a complete redesign of the whole OS, just improvements in the back-end stuff.

No I didn't,  I got my console around june 2012  I think.  It's been the same ever since.

No sig.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!