NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:50 AM

http://nintendoevery...es-design-more/

Hi everyone, it's Tom at Nintendo. You may have already found out that we made a change to Miiverse today. We're getting ready for the Nintendo 3DS version of Miiverse coming in December, and this update prepares Miiverse so we can accommodate all the new 3DS users who will be joining us once the service begins. To prepare for the large number of new users that we're anticipating, we worked on cleaning up a lot of things behind the doors, and made some changes on how Miiverse works on the outside. When the 3DS version service begins, you'll notice newly created communities for 3DS games will show up right by the existing communities on Wii U. Here are the key changes that were made to both Wii U and web versions with today's update:

1. We put a fresh coat of paint on the community list screen. It now displays more communities, and on the Wii U version there's a filter button that shows the communities by their categories like before. You can also press the "Favorite Communities" button on the top right of the screen to show a list of communities that you marked as your favorites.

2. Instead of showing the total number of Yeahs you received, the profile screen now show the total number of Yeahs you gave to others. Like with the spirit of Thanksgiving, we made this change so everyone can focus on giving Yeahs to posts and users they like and respect. The number of Yeahs will still be displayed on each individual posts, so good posts and drawings will still get a lot of Yeahs. Beginning this Thanksgiving and beyond the holidays, I hope people can give Yeahs and be thankful to others.

3. We also changed the default display setting when you enter a community. It now displays posts made by people who played the game first. You can always press the "All Posts" button to display posts from everyone. The announcement that Miiverse will be coming to Nintendo 3DS was made in the Nintendo Direct last month, and everyone at Nintendo are excited and looking forward to the change. If you already have a Nintendo Network ID, you can use that to log right in on your 3DS. Please visit the official Nintendo website to find out more. Happy Thanksgiving!

http://www.nintendo....network-account

GZwZZlK.jpg

Ks71GxK.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 November 2013 - 10:21 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

Looks better now!

#3 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

Wow, that's actually pretty cool. They keep making baby steps, but eventually Miiverse can be great.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Looks like numbers for community is gone and number of yeahs users get is gone too. No more begging for Yeahs on MiiVerse. GOOD

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:49 AM

Looks like numbers for community is gone and number of yeahs users get is gone too. No more begging for Yeahs on MiiVerse. GOOD

Yeah, just noticed that. Kinda annoyed they got rid of the yeahs number thing, because it was so satisfying for me to see that big 27000 yeahs, eh. What are you gonna do, though? It's just a number, and I guess we'll get less posts begging people for yeahs.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:36 AM

I can see getting rid of the number of yeahs being viewed as a good thing, but I don't think the numbers for communities disappearing is a good thing. It was an easy way of getting an estimate of how popular the game was :(

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

I can see getting rid of the number of yeahs being viewed as a good thing, but I don't think the numbers for communities disappearing is a good thing. It was an easy way of getting an estimate of how popular the game was :(

Oh, I agree with you regarding community numbers, it was a nice gauge, but I suppose the Wara Wara plaza is enough to see strong holds and trends.

Edited by Sorceror12, 27 November 2013 - 06:41 AM.

#8 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

It looks ok but i do miss the numbers of messages count gone :( They should add a search button too!

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:20 AM

Perfect

We also changed the default display setting when you enter a community. It now displays posts made by people who played the game first. You can always press the "All Posts" button to display posts from everyone. 

#10 TriplePower

TriplePower

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • NNID:TriplePower
  • Fandom:
    Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I really like how they are keeping notable distance from Facebook.

Visit my Youtube Channel to hear my opinion on various Nintendo games!

#11 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

well looks like all that yeah-ing for bayonetta  wiiu port was for nothing! Nintendo crushing dreams since 1889! ;A; 

#12 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

I really like how they are keeping notable distance from Facebook.

I enjoy being on Miiverse way more than facebook.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#13 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:54 AM

well looks like all that yeah-ing for bayonetta wiiu port was for nothing! Nintendo crushing dreams since 1889! ;A;

I don't think so. It made some headlines on many game and tech blogs. Im sure Nintendo heard the message it's just a matter of will they do anything. ..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!