Photo

What Games will survive into Next Gen? What games deserve reboots?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:08 PM

Now that Next Gen is fully underway and we have an idea of the new I.p.s to come next year what do you think will make its way back to the fore front? 

My predictions

Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Wii U- This is something that people are wanting more than ever. While honestly I believe this would end up on 3ds a full wii u version could be used to buy time for a full length Zelda. 

MegaMan- I could see Capcom and Nintendo coming to some sort of agreement to make a Exclusive Megaman to combat Mighty NO.9. This game would probably be on wii u and 3ds. Basically how SEGA and Nintendo did with Sonic.

Super Mario 64- This would be the best HD remake of all time. The nostalgia would ship this thing into oblivion. Just add new worlds secret levels the ability to play as different characters and more than one character at once and your set. This is a no brainer. 

Metroid- Make Metroid into a hardcore fps for the masses. Make an online mode in the vein of Hunters (my favorite DS title) and expand it. 

Xbox One

Gears Of War- This series just needs to start over. New Characters, New setting, new engine, and new dev team. After Judgement which showed how poorly Gears aged they just need to do something new. 

Banjo Kazooie- Make this right Microsoft. Make a true blue Banjo platformer with amazing graphics and new elements. NO CARS!!!!

Grabbed by the Ghoulies- A fun idea for a next gen sequel. Maybe a good market place game.

Bulletstorm 2-While it wasnt Microsoft exclusive I could see MS paying to make it exclusive or a timed exclusive I loved Bulletstorms story.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

I super enjoyed the multi in Hunters, And the way they reused in sp game set peices to convert to awesome mp arenas worked really, REALLY well on multiple levels. Not to mention it saved all manner of resources, took less of a focus away from sp, and room on rom (download size now).

That being said, if you dont change metroid from fps to fpa in your description, metroid fans are going to vomit their intestines out.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

I think Metroid just needs the hd beauty not the straight action type most shooters offer still online would be awesome.

Also I would like a new gears with a more focused story and setting but with the same gameplay. I love gears gameplay I think is the best 3rd person shooter when it comes to just its gameplay.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:31 PM

Now that Next Gen is fully underway and we have an idea of the new I.p.s to come next year what do you think will make its way back to the fore front? 

My predictions

Nintendo

The Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask Wii U- This is something that people are wanting more than ever. While honestly I believe this would end up on 3ds a full wii u version could be used to buy time for a full length Zelda.  Do want, but sadly don't see the Wii U version happening...and we're already getting a new Zelda within the next year and a half or so for the Wii U, so I'm not sure why they need to buy time...plus the Wii U also just got a "remake" of a Zelda game.

MegaMan- I could see Capcom and Nintendo coming to some sort of agreement to make a Exclusive Megaman to combat Mighty NO.9. This game would probably be on wii u and 3ds. Basically how SEGA and Nintendo did with Sonic. The end to this joke would be Capcom cancels the game just before they release the paid demo worldwide claiming "lack of interest"

Super Mario 64- This would be the best HD remake of all time. The nostalgia would ship this thing into oblivion. Just add new worlds secret levels the ability to play as different characters and more than one character at once and your set. This is a no brainer.  Uh...yeah, they already remade it for the DS. I'd honestly rather have Galaxy 3 or a Sunshine 2.

Metroid- Make Metroid into a hardcore fps for the masses. Make an online mode in the vein of Hunters (my favorite DS title) and expand it. So by "hardcore" I'm assuming you mean an M, almost AO rating pandering to the masses that are the reason Call of Duty is still around? I'd rather the series die, honestly.

Xbox One

Gears Of War- This series just needs to start over. New Characters, New setting, new engine, and new dev team. After Judgement which showed how poorly Gears aged they just need to do something new. Maybe the game didn't age so much as people finally realized how bland it was the first time around.

Banjo Kazooie- Make this right Microsoft. Make a true blue Banjo platformer with amazing graphics and new elements. NO CARS!!!! Would like, won't happen. Microsoft is more dedicated to making Rare create Kinect Sports 3: This Time There's Animal-Themed Things

Grabbed by the Ghoulies- A fun idea for a next gen sequel. Maybe a good market place game. This is a game I'd actually like to try, but from what I remember, it wasn't very well received, nor did it sell very well.

Bulletstorm 2-While it wasnt Microsoft exclusive I could see MS paying to make it exclusive or a timed exclusive I loved Bulletstorms story. Again, not sure if the game sold well/was well received.

Answers in bold.

Personally, I'd like to see another Kid Icarus game. Maybe a reboot/remake of the Mother games.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

Another series that needs revival is DEAD SPACE the first 2 are in my top 10 of best games of all time but 3 was so bad i couldnt even finish it.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well I think remakes aren't going to cut it abd we need brand new vs we build from ground up but with old version in mind.

Big N :

Zelda

Metriod

Mario party

Kirby

Ps4 :

Killzone 4 ( it seems to be doing good)

And can't think of anything else right now.

I'd love some good rpgs tho.

And some new shooters with extras. Fear was cool.

Xbox 1 :gears of war ( it's all I ever played on Xbox lol.)

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Nintendo can bring back Star Fox, Ice Climbers, F-zero, Eternal darkness, Excitebike, Wave Race and Duck Hunt.

Yes.

Duck Hunt.

cabelas-big-game-hunter-2010-20091119110

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#8 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

I thought Mighty No. 9 was coming to Wii U. I thought that was one of the Kickstarter bonuses they reached.

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

I thought Mighty No. 9 was coming to Wii U. I thought that was one of the Kickstarter bonuses they reached.

It is, but Megaman on the Wii U would still be cool.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!