Photo

Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Wii U

Ni no Kuni

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Ni No Kuni White Witch Wii U Version (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want?

1. Yes (9 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

I will really love a Wii U Version it would make me happy :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Trailer:http://andriasang.com/comym7/.

Edited by PK-Gaming, 21 October 2011 - 06:07 PM.

Posted Image

#2 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:25 AM

Can you tell us what it is?

If you do I will discuss it with you :b.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#3 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

It is a action RPG from Level 5, and animation that is being done by Studio Ghibi. Also Music is done by Joe Hisaishi. Irt is a game where a young boy who is trying to improve his skills in Magic so he can save his Mother from the world of Ni no Kuni. He will make new allies that will support him, as he will face strong foes and against the White witch herself.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#4 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

The original game was a DS title, which basically crawled to profitability. And even its total sales - on a far more viable platform - were nowhere near what it would take for a PS3 exclusive version to be viable. On top of which, we haven't seen a single RPG like this do well on the PS3 in the entirety of this generation, and there isn't exactly enough buzz around the title in any region to guarantee it profitability at all anywhere as things currently stand. The Japanese RPG genre has struggled on consoles in general this generation, and hasn't done remotely well at all on the PS3 or 360, in terms of profitability.

That said, bringing the console Ni no Kuni game to the Wii U after establishing the franchise on the DS is probably the smartest move Level-5 could make for this game. It's been confirmed for some time now that it's very easy and affordable to port PS3 and 360 titles to the system at a minimal cost, and considering that RPGs with this sort of aesthetic style do actually have a track record of selling on Nintendo platforms, it would definitely make sense for the port to happen. From every angle, it would be a good business decision for Level-5, and it would be good for RPG fans. I'm definitely among those who'd buy a Wii U port, and I know plenty of others who would be, too. A western release would definitely make up for the original DS game staying in Japan, as well.

#5 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

The original game was a DS title, which basically crawled to profitability. And even its total sales - on a far more viable platform - were nowhere near what it would take for a PS3 exclusive version to be viable. On top of which, we haven't seen a single RPG like this do well on the PS3 in the entirety of this generation, and there isn't exactly enough buzz around the title in any region to guarantee it profitability at all anywhere as things currently stand. The Japanese RPG genre has struggled on consoles in general this generation, and hasn't done remotely well at all on the PS3 or 360, in terms of profitability.

That said, bringing the console Ni no Kuni game to the Wii U after establishing the franchise on the DS is probably the smartest move Level-5 could make for this game. It's been confirmed for some time now that it's very easy and affordable to port PS3 and 360 titles to the system at a minimal cost, and considering that RPGs with this sort of aesthetic style do actually have a track record of selling on Nintendo platforms, it would definitely make sense for the port to happen. From every angle, it would be a good business decision for Level-5, and it would be good for RPG fans. I'm definitely among those who'd buy a Wii U port, and I know plenty of others who would be, too. A western release would definitely make up for the original DS game staying in Japan, as well.

This is out of the conversation but YAY ANOTHER MOTHER/EARTHBOUND FANNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by PK-Gaming, 22 October 2011 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Ponkotsu

Ponkotsu

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Fandom:
    Opoona, Mother, Dragon Quest

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

We still lurk out there! Haha. Haven't gotten around to playing 3 yet, though, so I'm behind the rest of the world on that. Planning on picking up an import copy of the game for my collection first before I play the translation patch.

In the meantime, enjoyed the similarly-inspired Contact on the DS and Opoona on the Wii (Both of which blatantly took some inspiration from the Mother series), and I'm still hoping we'll see Sepas Channel localized on DSiWare yet, as blatantly Mother/EarthBound-inspired as that is too. There's a number of good DSiWare RPGs that haven't come west yet. :)

Considering the number of companies still bringing niche Japanese DSiWare titles from a year and further back west now - like Gamebridge, which I actually contacted on Twitter about Sepas Channel months ago around E3, learning that they sadly weren't able to get it - hopefully some company or companies will snap up more substantive downloadable titles like this and bring them to the western audience. I'd say that games like Picdun and the Anonymous Notes: From the Abyss DSiWare releases have proven the very real demand for more original downloadable RPGs like these.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!