#1 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

Buy this on WiiU or PC? Does the WiiU version have the enhanced graphics?

PC price around £6

WiiU price around £16

My pc gets a lot of use from multiplats that don't get ported to WiiU so hence more in to WiiU version if its up to spec.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

PC price around £6

WiiU price around £16

My pc gets a lot of use from multiplats that don't get ported to WiiU so hence more in to WiiU version if its up to spec.

Wii U version alone for gamepad integration . Period.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Off screen play?
Posted Image

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Off screen play?

yes and much more :)

The other major addition to the Director's Cut is the ability to use the Wii U GamePad, giving you access to a host of new features like a tablet map, and touch-screen inventory management. It works just as well as any other controller, and I had very little issues getting protagonist Adam Jensen to do what I wanted him to after acclimating myself to the scheme. As an added bonus, pretty much everything you can think of is tied to the GamePad, including grenade throw-back (by swiping the Pad), Miiverse integration, Remote Play, hacking, inventory management, and a fully functional map.

Hacking on the GamePad is one of my favorite additions, as it adds another level of strategy to the proceedings when you're able to look up fully at your surroundings on the TV and use a second screen. The radar with the ability to draw patrols is also incredibly useful, as is the touch-screen inventory.

http://www.destructo...u--263660.phtml

Edited by Sorceror12, 08 December 2013 - 07:05 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:12 AM

I guess that's why it was so expensive at launch.
Never played it so willing to give it a try.

Thanks for the info.
Posted Image

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:19 AM

I guess that's why it was so expensive at launch.
Never played it so willing to give it a try.

Thanks for the info.

No problem, many review sites praise because of the gamepad use and it really is done well. It wasn't done just to say "hey and we use the gamepad" , it's seamless and unique

#7 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Just to chip and say get it for the Wii U. I played through the ultimate edition for Mac and still was glad I picked up the Wii U version. The gamepad adds a lot, the graphics are good and the tweaks improve on the original. It is the definitive version and a bargain at the current prices considering how recently it came out.

ONM also gave it a well deserved 90 I was pleased to see - this really is one of the best 3rd party efforts so far.

#8 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

I still haven't seen this game in stores, thinking about picking it up if they have it with some bogo sales

#9 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

Just ordered with Mario 3d. Thought I'd give it a whirl and support a 3rd party developer. Reviews were strong

#10 krizzx

krizzx

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

PC price around £6

WiiU price around £16

No you shouldn't, instead you make a strong complaint about the Wii U version not be priced in parity with the other versions of the game so that devs learn to never do this again. Or even better, organize a group so that your voice is more likely to be heard.

#11 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm not sure this is the game to make such a stand on. In the UK it was released at similar pricing across all platforms and if you shop around it's still much of a muchness. On Amazon the Wii U version is marginally more expensive - £16.82 vs £14.99 Xbox and £14.84 PS3. PC versions of a given game tend to fall in price quicker in general and on Amazon it's £10.03 and £12.85 on Shopto.  

Basically we're not seeing a case of complete rip-off pricing for this game in the market the OP was enquiring about. 

#12 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'm not sure this is the game to make such a stand on. In the UK it was released at similar pricing across all platforms and if you shop around it's still much of a muchness. On Amazon the Wii U version is marginally more expensive - £16.82 vs £14.99 Xbox and £14.84 PS3. PC versions of a given game tend to fall in price quicker in general and on Amazon it's £10.03 and £12.85 on Shopto.  

Basically we're not seeing a case of complete rip-off pricing for this game in the market the OP was enquiring about. 

Amazon.com has it for $18 more than the PS360 versions :(

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#13 Sargiel

Sargiel

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

Amazon.com has it for $18 more than the PS360 versions :(

Ouch that sucks.. It is a good game - but it's always best to buy at the price that suits you even if that means waiting. 

#14 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 08 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Wii U format of Deus Ex had scored a perfect 10 from Nintendo World Report.  I strongly suggest you to buy it.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#15 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:26 AM

I may well pick this up in the January sales.

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

I actually feel the price is justified. The devs are not selling you an inferior port, we should keep in mind they announced this for the wii u first and yes it was released across the other platforms too, but they put a hell of a lot of work into the Wii U version which is why it's regarded as the best version.

#17 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 04:52 PM

Also should note they used the miiverse integration rather well. And is good fun.

#18 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

I'm going to pick this up when it's $20 or less. I played it on 360 what seems like a long time ago. Great game.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:27 PM

Sure, I got it used for about 9 bucks a year ago for my 360. I had a few complaints, like being forced to murder the bosses being decidedly un dues ex... But that appears to be taken care of now.

I really enjoyed it, its worth a play, especially with the fancy new stuff.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

Will give the WiiU version a shot. From what I have seen on any format the graphics are great in places but pretty boring in others,hope it flows well.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!