Photo

playing games without the hassle of changing discs ?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Monk21

Monk21

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

Is this possible? I have like 4-5 games and I find it extremely annoying to have to 1) eject disc 2) place in case 3) pick new game 4) take out of tray 5) insert disc 6) load 7) play. Any way to copy the game from the disc in the wiiU's drive or anything like that. ONLY legal solutions please, thanks!

#2 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

You buy them digitally instead of physical. There's no other LEGAL way to do it.

#3 Monk21

Monk21

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

You buy them digitally instead of physical. There's no other LEGAL way to do it.

wow that's bad. So i cannot even copy/ back up my LEGALLY bought discs to an external hard drive and load them from there? pfffff.

Another question, Can I play a game i have digitally downloaded on another console?

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:38 PM

wow that's bad. So i cannot even copy/ back up my LEGALLY bought discs to an external hard drive and load them from there? pfffff.

Another question, Can I play a game i have digitally downloaded on another console?

I don't want to burst your bubble, but no gaming console in the history of forever has done that legally, not sure why you thought that'd change here.

Downloaded games are tied to the Wii U they're downloaded on for now.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 Monk21

Monk21

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

I don't want to burst your bubble, but no gaming console in the history of forever has done that legally, not sure why you thought that'd change here.

Downloaded games are tied to the Wii U they're downloaded on for now.

Well, I don't think that expecting something like that to happen is a bad thing. Anyway, if it can't be done, it can't be done. thanks for the replies

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well LEGALLY They'd have no way of knowing what happened to your discs if they let you claim a download based on you owning the disc and the disc working on its own.

Also, it's not just the only legal option, but the only one, as there's no piracy available for the Wii U yet, only the Virtual Wii.

No you can't play a digital download on another console.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Now I did post on this but don't know what happen to it.

But basically as others said no. And stop being lazy lol.

Really tho I play one game at a time so it's not that bad. Play the game for a few hrs then put it up.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

1. Games cannot be copied to the hard drive. Consoles that do this still need you to insert the disk so it will play. 2. Digital downloads cannot be transferred to another console, but Nintendo will make exceptions if your Wii U broke.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

The Xbox 1 was going to be able to do this, but then everyone realised it would require constant DRM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Kids these days. Would not last when we back in the day played epic RPGs and had multiple discs for a single game. Lost a disc or scratched one you were boned. Or heck when we had password systems instead of saves and drew our own maps for games. Come on man changing a disc is no inconvenience.

Unless you turned into these guys

H7qDoAb.jpg

Edited by Ryudo, 29 December 2013 - 01:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!