Nintendo has to get it right

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:51 AM

I believe nintendo has a great product in the Wii U... but i am a little worried. i look at the success of the Wii and think man that could have been about 20 million more consoles sold better. i think the innovation know as motion controls was great but lack of HD graphics hurt nintendo in the end. they missed out on all the good third party games and loss a lot of consoles sold to microsoft and sony. they have to make this console powerful enough to compete in the next gen. yes we have all heard the rumors but we really don't know what the console can do yet. im in love with the controller an believe it gives them an advantage over their rivals even though the next gen hasn't started yet. some people will automatically think im a graphic whore but truth is they have to compete and get the third party games. i can go back to gamecube... a lot of my friends left nintendo because they didn't offer grand theft auto on their console. nintendo has to understand that most of their loyal fans have grown up and though we still appreciate the mario type games we also want the best of what the third party developers have to offer.

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:53 AM

I agree with you on this, they have to reach out to developers to make sure they support the system, like the possibility of Grand Theft Auto V on the Wii U. The game can help alot. Also Nintendo also will have to effectively create a way to let there Third Parties games get across to other gamers. The Nintendo Channel is a good example, where trailers can be shown of the game. I am glad they decided to add in demo's to the system. However, nintendo will also need to get a big game on launch are around launch. Maybe a Metroid game to celebrate it's Anniversary. But Nintendo can only do so much. The rest will also be that third parties will have to create good games and good ports of there games. This is something that was learned with the 3DS launch. Where Nintendo wanted 3rd parties to shine but most brought out lackluster games.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:28 AM

Well, here's how I think it. I think that if the Wii had the same amount of power as the PS3, it wouldn't have sold as many, as it would've cost a ton more. The main appeal of the Wii to parents was that it was extremely cheap compared to the other systems at the time. Yes, it would have garnered more 3rd party support, but what's the point if the same game is already coming out for two other systems?

That's my two cents, anyway.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Well, here's how I think it. I think that if the Wii had the same amount of power as the PS3, it wouldn't have sold as many, as it would've cost a ton more. The main appeal of the Wii to parents was that it was extremely cheap compared to the other systems at the time. Yes, it would have garnered more 3rd party support, but what's the point if the same game is already coming out for two other systems?

That's my two cents, anyway.

I wouldn't have asked for the Wii to have the same amount of power as the PS3. i would have settled for launch xbox 360 type graphics just enough to get the ports from 3rd parties. yes it might would have pushed the launch price to 350 max. i would have paid that without regret.

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

judging by the interview with reggie at E3 and countless other actions by nintendo, i really think they understand that third party support is vital. i mean to have EA talk about their console at E3 shows that!! the developer interviews show that!! the fact that they said they wanted core gamers shows that!! im not worried about nintendo's move with the wii u, clearly they understand what they need to do, its the economy im worried about :'(

im extremely worried about things getting worse and people no longer being able to afford gaming consoles :( thanks to the bad global economy, nintendo recently announced a 74 billion yen loss (i got an email from nintendo news saying this). i know that in this case nintendo wont go alone, sony and microsoft will go too, but i dont care, if sony and microsoft fall for the same reason its not going to make me feel better about nintendo going :( tc
Posted Image

#6 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

I wouldn't have asked for the Wii to have the same amount of power as the PS3. i would have settled for launch xbox 360 type graphics just enough to get the ports from 3rd parties. yes it might would have pushed the launch price to 350 max. i would have paid that without regret.

You might be willing to pay that, but the casual market (For example, soccer moms) wouldn't. I think that the reason the Wii was largely successful because it had one thing the others didn't...a low price.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#7 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:09 AM

You might be willing to pay that, but the casual market (For example, soccer moms) wouldn't. I think that the reason the Wii was largely successful because it had one thing the others didn't...a low price.

yes to some degree but it really was the motion controls. it was something new and fun. it got people talking and the Wii became a sensation. i believe they have the same potential with the wii u controller but they wil have the bring the power this time around to get the 3rd party games that the ps4 and nextbox will get.

#8 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:31 AM

I kinda have to agree because alot of the people who brought the Wii may not buy the Wii U, also alot of those people are happy enough with the games on Facebook, Tablets, phones, ipods etc.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#9 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:03 PM

We already know that the 3DS changed to some degree to better match the wishes of third party devs and a lot of the focus on the Wii U's design is maintaining third party support. After the lack luster start to the 3DS it wouldn't surprise me if devs aren't able to push more with Nintendo regarding the Wii U in comparison. That said Nintendo has some very capable hardware designers. Going on leaks and rumors I do believe it won't suffer from many of the issues that plagued the Wii regarding the core audience and third party developers, at least for the first three years. Then if you add in some of the speculation from IBM's quad channel memory controllers to possibly a system on chip or system in package silicon designs Wii U may end up more impressive than the high end rumors while still using parts equal to rumored PC counterparts. A lot depends on what Microsoft and Sony do next gen, but a lot points to both potentially utilizing a more modest jump in comparison to last gen.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

I think the only thing that we need to worry about is a crap launch, which I think is going to be a main focus at launch. They already know that the 3DS' launch was quite the flop, and that if they want to develop the be all and end all with the Wii U, they will already be working on fixing that up.

EA have said that the Wii U is meeting all expectations. I wouldn't expect a 3rd Party dev to hurt themselves by not backing up that claim. If it is lacking in something, they wouldn't tell us a lie about it, as it obviously hurts their credibility and therefore MUNNIEZ!

I ain't worried. I can't see why I would worry over anything that isn't related to the advertising strategy.

And now, some trolling:

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 27 October 2011 - 02:36 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

If Nintendo are gonna release games that Mirosoft and Sony are gonna release they should keep the same gamplay and gaphics (or better cause Wii U has Hi-res). It stupid to buying a game on release by Nintendo knowing there's one better released by Mircosoft and Sony. Example: Black Ops was a great game (one of the best CoD game). It was good on 360, PS3 and PC, but when I played it on the Wii it was lacking gameplay and graphics. I was dissapponted because I didn't want to by another console just to play a better version of the game (but now I have a PC and 360 and the game).

I really have high expectations for the Wii U and want to be blown out of my seat seeing the hi-res garphics on my 50 inch LCD TV. But If the Wii U is lagging alot that 720 and PS4 will have. It will be just a waste of money
Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#12 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

If Nintendo are gonna release games that Mirosoft and Sony are gonna release they should keep the same gamplay and gaphics (or better cause Wii U has Hi-res). It stupid to buying a game on release by Nintendo knowing there's one better released by Mircosoft and Sony. Example: Black Ops was a great game (one of the best CoD game). It was good on 360, PS3 and PC, but when I played it on the Wii it was lacking gameplay and graphics. I was dissapponted because I didn't want to by another console just to play a better version of the game (but now I have a PC and 360 and the game).

I really have high expectations for the Wii U and want to be blown out of my seat seeing the hi-res garphics on my 50 inch LCD TV. But If the Wii U is lagging alot that 720 and PS4 will have. It will be just a waste of money

This is a common believe among people who brought the Wii.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#13 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

We already know that the 3DS changed to some degree to better match the wishes of third party devs and a lot of the focus on the Wii U's design is maintaining third party support. After the lack luster start to the 3DS it wouldn't surprise me if devs aren't able to push more with Nintendo regarding the Wii U in comparison. That said Nintendo has some very capable hardware designers. Going on leaks and rumors I do believe it won't suffer from many of the issues that plagued the Wii regarding the core audience and third party developers, at least for the first three years. Then if you add in some of the speculation from IBM's quad channel memory controllers to possibly a system on chip or system in package silicon designs Wii U may end up more impressive than the high end rumors while still using parts equal to rumored PC counterparts. A lot depends on what Microsoft and Sony do next gen, but a lot points to both potentially utilizing a more modest jump in comparison to last gen.

is there any quote from developer or nintendo or even rumors that state this is being built in Wii U? im dying for info on this console.

thats very true. i just want to have comparable graphics with next gen systems. get the third party games and look at zelda HD... amazing!

#14 Merchiodos

Merchiodos

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Fandom:
    LINK <3

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

This is so so true. The games that Nintendo has release themself the graphics are very good, but the games that were also relase by Mircosoft and Sony, Nintendo could of done better -sigh- but what can I do. Its not like I can go to Nintendo in Japan and tell them to do a better job, but hey The Wii U is coming out soon so hope the graphics is mind blowing... who knows?

thats very true. i just want to have comparable graphics with next gen systems. get the third party games and look at zelda HD... amazing!

If they can make Link look hot with hi-res, its possible for the other games

Edited by Merchiodos, 27 October 2011 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

If only Link was real <3

#15 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:36 PM

is there any quote from developer or nintendo or even rumors that state this is being built in Wii U? im dying for info on this console.

Unfortunately no there isn't any quote from a developer or Nintendo pointing to IBM quad channel controllers or a system on chip or system in package designs for the Wii U. That is merely speculation from Neogaf the memory controllers coming from IBM's statement that the CPU within the Wii U is related to Watson and the speculation regarding SoC or SoP originates mostly from random statements from IBM with no real relation to Wii U and the size of the console in comparison to the rumors. There was a rumor on Neogaf from supposedly an investor or employee of the company manufacturing the embedded memory for the GPU that the Wii U will use the 28nm manufacturing process, which could point to more impressive GPU than previously thought. It doesn't look like anything concrete will drop regarding the Wii U until next year. Hope still exists that leaks will follow the release of the third gen dev kits, but that could of already happened and we haven't heard anything.

#16 megasupermario91

megasupermario91

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

well i am with you on this topic the wii u needs to make me sell my ps3 with is a pain to be on sometimes always being worried about hacking or even getting the yellow light of death to i now in my heart nintendo has what sony does not the same games sony has are now done and never getting re-done on there console nintendo zelda is the longest running game of all time and the best by g4tv and at the video game awards on spike

#17 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:31 PM

I'm going to talk about quad cores to you.
Dual cores are better. Quad cores cost more money, but for some odd reason they normally only use 1. Whereas a dual core would normally be using both cores at once. 2 cores running are better than 1.

As for what your saying, it annoys me that people complained about the Wii's graphics. Which are MORE than good enough for a console. The fact the Wii U is estimated to be 3/5x more powerful than a PS360 proves one thing. Even if it isn't that much, the graphics will still be utterly amazing. If they'd put anti-aliasing on the Wii I would have been overjoyed with it. The chance that a GTA game won't come to the Wii U is very slim. Because they can say "But teh graphicz isn't as guud as da PS720" but they have no reason to complain, as most are sure it's way more powerful than a current HD console. Plus, the Wii catered to casual gamers, whereas the Wii U won't do. The main reason it won't have gone to the Wii is the fact that barely any core gamers bought it.

Long post over, goodbye.

Edited by HaHa-No, 01 November 2011 - 11:32 PM.

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#18 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

3 important things to note about wii u vs sony next gen and microsoft next gen.

1) wii u is aimed at being 3rd party multiplat friendly. meaning that nintendo would have to be very stupid to not give it processing capabilities that will compete with ps4 and next box. they know that would be a fail if they didn't.

2) sony lost tonnes of money this generation due to overpowering their console. they will not make ps4 as high powered compared to wii u, as ps3 was to wii.

3) sorry to say it, but economies arent going well and not predicted to get better :( sony and microsoft are coming into the next gen later, meaning there is a risk that things will get worse by that time, they will not risk putting out an expensive high powered console if it will lose them money again.
Posted Image

#19 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

I believe that nintendo has to have one hell of a launch lineup for Wii U to be successful. they have to show the power of the Wii U from day one launch games... they have to make people see with their own two eyes that a new generation has started. they need one hell of an exclusive im talking battlefield 4, cod, or gta. something that is exclusive to Wii U that ps360 cant get.

#20 Jikayaki

Jikayaki

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:02 PM

I believe that nintendo has to have one hell of a launch lineup for Wii U to be successful. they have to show the power of the Wii U from day one launch games... they have to make people see with their own two eyes that a new generation has started. they need one hell of an exclusive im talking battlefield 4, cod, or gta. something that is exclusive to Wii U that ps360 cant get.

A better than 3DS launch is already practically guaranteed if for nothing more than third party ports. I don't think Nintendo need many must have launch titles either first party or exclusive third party to have a successful launch. Pikmin 3, perhaps a NSMBs, and one or two other titles would be more than enough along with the ports. What's more important than the launch titles themselves is a steady stream of titles afterwords. The lack of a steady stream of titles after launch is why the 3DS couldn't maintain any momentum at its original price not the lack luster launch software. Most launches are lack luster in selection and quantity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!