Photo

DERPTrolling hackers knock down several online gaming servers one by one

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:28 AM

http://twitter.com/DerpTrolling

Last night, they managed to down the Dota 2, League of Legends, Battle.net, Club Penguin, and World of Tanks servers. As of now they are back up, however they've now targeted Runescape. The Runescape servers are currently down.

It's amazing what these people are doing, not good amazing, but amazing that their pulling this off. According to their twitter, they managed to evade police by wearing suits because no criminals wear suits, according to them.

The even bigger issue, their taking requests from people. Who knows what gaming server will be next! Let's all hope that Nintendo Network doesn't face another outage...unless the Christmas outage was a ploy and it was actually these people!

Update: At around 1:55pm, Police managed to tail this group and seize 3 of their machines

Edited by Foot, 31 December 2013 - 11:00 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:39 AM

Seems more like reddit cancer.  I remember when 4chan used to do this every so often, sometimes they actually mange a site going down every so often.

Anyways, they aren't really "hackers".  Just a quick look shows that they just use wi-fi from places like starbucks and DDOS.

Pretty sure Nintendo Network won't be next unless their server can be easily be DDOSed, I remember nothing about Nintendo Network.

#3 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

battle.net is back up. as for the others, i have no idea.

i wish they would target BF4 servers, those would get a much better response.

PSN was supposinly took down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!