Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

SEGA has confirmed that there are no plans for a Wii U version of the upcoming Alien: Isolation.

Officially revealed yesterday, listed platforms were revealed to be PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, though some fans were hopeful that a Wii U version could be announced if demand was there. Now, SEGA has reiterated there are no plans for bringing the game to the console on Twitter.

@Krawzorz Right now, we don't have plans to put the game on Wii U.

— Alien: Isolation (@AlienIsolation) January 8, 2014

In case you missed it yesterday, be sure to check out our in-depth preview of the upcoming game, replete with interviews with the creative team.

http://m.ign.com/art...coming-to-wii-u

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Considering how the last of these games went, I'd say everyone would be better off if they scrapped it now.

pNgecl.gif

#3 Mushlikeahusky1

Mushlikeahusky1

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 600 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi and luigis mansion.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Considering how the last of these games went, I'd say everyone would be better off if they scrapped it now.

ITS NOT MADE BY GEARBOX GOD PEOPLE ARE SO IGNORANT 

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...alien-game-ever Remember when they said this about Colonial Marines?
lol.

I'd have given it a shot, I don't get their reason for no Wii U version, it's not architecture, since they're making as 360 version, not a "NEXT GEN ONLY 11221!!!!" problem either.

http://ie.ign.com/ga...tion/nds-868805
>Developers: WayForward Technologies, Gearbox Software
Gearbox made a good aliens game before they stole all the money from cm and channeled it into borderlands 2.

Edited by Nollog, 08 January 2014 - 10:05 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

One of these days Iwata is going to just go and slap everyone who doesn't bring their games to wii u haha.

On a serious note it is disappointing, because lets be honest there's no real reason why this game shouldn't come to wii u.

Like many games if devs put efforts into it they could come up with some clever ideas for the gamepad.

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:40 AM

And it’s Ridley Scott’s masterpiece which serves as both template and abiding influence on Creative Assembly’s game

This is why I am sad about no Wii U version. I would love a new survival horror alien game.

#7 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

It's because the Wii U is selling pretty badly.

No sig.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

It's because the Wii U is selling pretty badly.

It's outselling x1 and p4, by a million or so.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:24 PM

Given the general reviews of the entire Aliens game series, I'm not looking forward to it. It has nothing to do with Gearbox. No need to all-caps rage on people for not bowing to the "AAA" hype.

The only ones with remotely decent reviews were Aliens: Infestation for the DS (which was handled by WayForward and was really short) and Aliens VS Predator 2 on the PC.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:29 PM

The best game inspired by the films is called Metroid. Get Retro to make a new Prime (or just another FP Metroid) and no Alien game on Wii U won't matter.

#11 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:22 PM

With an 11 month head start.......Unfortunately by the time this is released, they will probably both have passed the Wii U. I still think there's a chance that the Wii U will have enough owners for third parties to take notice, but it might be a year or two down the road.  

It's outselling x1 and p4, by a million or so.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

With an 11 month head start.......Unfortunately by the time this is released, they will probably both have passed the Wii U. I still think there's a chance that the Wii U will have enough owners for third parties to take notice, but it might be a year or two down the road.

360 launched one entire year before the PS3, and their sales are very close. I won't even mention the Wii, which was released 11 months and 2/3 weeks after the 360 was.
Playing catch-up isn't really all that impressive, it always happens.

Edited by Nollog, 08 January 2014 - 01:33 PM.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Man, even SEGA is turning it's back on Nintendo.

#14 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Good point.  As I mentioned, I think that the Wii U still has a good chance to have a decent sized user base. It just might take it a while.  And who knows, the three consoles might have similar numbers by this time next year still.

360 launched one entire year before the PS3, and their sales are very close. I won't even mention the Wii, which was released 11 months and 2/3 weeks after the 360 was.
Playing catch-up isn't really all that impressive, it always happens.

#15 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

ThAts unfortunate, I'll probably pick it up on the ps4.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

ThAts unfortunate, I'll probably pick it up on the ps4.

In my opinion, this is why it's not coming to 3DS or Wii U.
Everyone saw the pile of rainbow that became of Colonial Marines, yet people say this when this new pile of rainbow is announced.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

It's a shame, the game sounds interesting. Ah well.

Bring the noise.

#18 JPMulvanetti

JPMulvanetti

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill, Zelda, Mario,

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

I'm really disappointed with this news. The trailer looks good, my kinda survival horror. And by the looks of it, the Wii U game pad would have worked well with it. I know Colonial Marines was supposed to suck hard but this looks very different.

Maybe Nintendo can bash Sega across the skull with enough bags of money to change their minds.

#19 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Man, this is disappointing.  :(  I'd love to have a good Alien game on the Wii U, heck I'd like to see more support from other companies in general. It just seems most companies either skip out on the Wii U entirely or make less then good ports of their games for it. I'll just get it for another system I guess, or if it's bad (looking at the franchise's track record it's sadly likely) I'll just watch Aliens again.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#20 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Game looks good, sucks for the wiiu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!