16 replies to this topic

#1 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

I complied a list of things that could help Nintendo boost sales in 2014 and help them with a steady footing into 2015

10) Third Party games. Whether exclusives like Bayonetta 2, or games such as Watch_Dogs – Nintendo need more of them, if they can prove that Nintendo fans are interested with Watch_Dogs I can imagine games such as The Crew and The Division being ported over to the Wii U. If Nintendo were smart they’d get Capcom on board and get Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Remake and the rights to Resident Evil 2 and 3 to be remade for the Wii U exclusively or even buy the rights to Megaman as Capcom doesn’t seem to know what to do with him.

9) Eternal Darkness 2 / Fatal Frame reboot. Nintendo need to use the Eternal Darkness franchise soon or risk losing the copyright, we've seen Shadow of the Eternals, so why doesn't Nintendo just purchase the IP and re-brand it as Eternal Darkness 2: Shadow of the Eternals. Nintendo also bought the rights to the horror franchise Fatal Frame and what best use of the gamepad but a camera? A hardcore survival horror in development alongside Monolith Soft’s X would increase interest from hardcore gamers and will keep "adult" hardcore gamers interested after "X" gets released.

8) Miyamoto’s new IP. We’ve heard bits and bobs from Shiggy himself, however this E3 we would love to see and maybe get our hands on the elusive title. We know Mr Miyamoto has always wanted to do a game completely in first person, and with games like Portal proving that you don’t have to kill people or even have ammunition in a gun to be fun and addictive we hope to see a similar IP heading to the Wii U

7) The Year of Link. Nintendo could give us the Sonic Lost World Zelda DLC,  0.30p Zelda VC games every month leading up to Hyrule Warriors, not only that but brand new Wind Waker DLC would be appreciated similar to what they did with New Super Luigi U, alongside possibly releasing the brand new Zelda U and possibly a Majora’s Mask 3D for the 3DS – it would certainly help!

6) Virtual Console Mobile. If Nintendo had a Virtual console app that allowed the purchase and playing of VC games on the E-Shop on a mobile or tablet device Nintendo could really conquer all the markets. Of course you would have to have purchased a Wii U or a 3DS in order to set up a Nintendo Network ID, and maybe games were limited by what hardware you owned, for example NES, SNES, Master System and Mega Drive games were available with purchase of a 3DS, but N64 games were only available with purchase of a Wii U. Imagine playing a genuine emulation of Ocarina of Time on your tablet?

5) Metroid U. While I’m not expecting a Metroid game in 2014 a teaser trailer to wet our appetites for 2015 could be what the Wii U needs to boost its sales , especially if it finally shows off this apparent hidden power the Wii U is supposed to have. Metroid could even be reinvented to be Nintendo’s answer to the Halo series. Something more dedicated fans would hate, but could attract millions of new fans in the process. We could even get Metroid Prime Trilogy HD while we wait - much like Wind Waker HD

4) Kid Icarus U. Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers are two franchises off the top of my head that haven’t seen a home console relauch in a while. Kid Icarus made a relaunch debut on the 3DS and was a massive hit. Maybe a HD Kid Icarus or a reboot of the Ice Climbers series may have a huge impact.

3) New IPs collaborated with Western 3rd party developers. Nintendo need to start publishing more third party exclusive IPs whether it’s with Indie developers or AAA developers like Crytek. All Nintendo do need to do is throw money at said developers, give unlimited creative freedom and Nintendo could be a huge competitor in the “adult” hardcore market alongside more family friendly hardcore games.

2) Pokemon U. I cannot stress how much an open world cell shaded (similar to the style of Pokemon X and Y – but in HD) Pokemon RPG would go down on the Wii U. Imagine starting off on a Region of your choice with certain Pokemon available. Then purchase NFC card “passports” that allow you to travel to new regions and collect new Pokemon. The world could be dotted with Pokemon battle plazas in which you can play against a friend online and duke it out. It’s a dream that will probably never happen, but one that SHOULD, it would sell millions of Wii U units in just days.

1) Advertise more. Nintendo need to start advertising and fast. They need to get across the message across that the Wii U is the ultimate family entertainment machine providing parents with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video at night, something like Mario 3D world for the kids, and Call of Duty Ghosts for the teenagers all in one home console, alongside other benefits such as Miiverse which can also be used on a smart phone. These advertisements not only have to be on TV, but on public transport and print media throughout the year.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Penguin101, 21 January 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

Why the hell would you pick Crytek of all developers? Have you seen Crysis 3? It's absolutely one of the most boring looking shooters I've ever seen. Oh look, they know how to make a super high res high detail looking game running on a high end PC. Aesthetics? What the hell are those? Gameplay? Never heard of it, now look at this super duper texture we made.

Also your idea at 'throwing money' at third parties is horrible. Just because you give them a lot of money doesn't mean you're going to get a good game out of it. Oh they'll take the money no problem, doesn't mean they'll put it towards your game. Especially if you give them 'total creative freedom'. That money would be better put either buying up/merging with a third party or simply expanding Nintendo's own studios. 

People need to realize that Nintendo can't just make a third party make a good game on their system, they have to come at their own volition. I'd say Nintendo's best bet would be to working with third parties that they already have a relationship or at least a past with, and then build on it from there. Capcom, Square, Konami, Tecmo. These are the big names that Nintendo has a past with and with whom they could potentially develop a strong relationship with. I'd say especially Capcom and Square given both companies' successes on the 3DS. People throw on studios like Crytek and Bethesda, but ask yourself if any of these kinds of studios have ANYTHING in common with Nintendo or if they've ever worked with them before on anything in their history. 

Edited by Azure-Edge, 21 January 2014 - 08:32 AM.

pNgecl.gif

#3 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:28 AM

Those all sound pretty good, especially a new Eternal Darkness/Fatal Frame. Horror games seem like an endangered species and having a console with two major games in the genre could bring lots of fans of  the genre over.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#4 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:29 AM

Why the hell would you pick Crytek of all developers? Have you seen Crysis 3? It's absolutely one of the most boring looking shooters I've ever seen. Oh look, they know how to make a super high res high detail looking game running on a high end PC. Aesthetics? What the hell are those? Gameplay? Never heard of it, now look at this super duper texture we made.

Crytek are a marketable name, who cares about if it's a good game, so long as it sells more Wii Us. From a pure business standpoint a Crytek game would be the wise choice. If you've purchased a Wii U and don't like the game you got it for, too late I've tricked you and got your money - our sales have been boosted, thank you and goodnight. 

"From the makers of the Crysis series" says "hardcore" "good graphics" to the gernal public. It's not to attract gamers who appreciate good games as they've already purchased a Wii U :P

However there's nothing to say Crytek would make something interesting and awesome to play either

Edited by Penguin101, 21 January 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#5 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

Crytek are a marketable name, who cares about if it's a good game, so long as it sells more Wii Us. From a pure business standpoint a Crytek game would be the wise choice. 

"From the makers of the Crysis series" says "hardcore" "good graphics" to the gernal public. It's not to attract gamers who appreciate good games as they've already purchased a Wii U :P

Everyone should care if it's a good game, especially Nintendo and their fans. Just because it's made by Crytek doesn't mean it will do squat. Don't believe me? Look at Goldeneye on the Wii, it was made by Activision. You know, those guys who make that one FPS series. That game had their name behind it but it didn't pull people in. Hell Crytek is hardly a big name in the industry. 

A crap game behind a 'big' name is still a crap game regardless, and in the FPS genre no one is going to care if there is an exclusive FPS on the Wii U. Those come out on at least a bi-monthly basis.

pNgecl.gif

#6 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

1. Release Bayoneta 2 

#7 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

1. Release Bayoneta 2 and advertise the fk out of it

Fixed.

pNgecl.gif

#8 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Everyone should care if it's a good game, especially Nintendo and their fans. Just because it's made by Crytek doesn't mean it will do squat. Don't believe me? Look at Goldeneye on the Wii, it was made by Activision. You know, those guys who make that one FPS series. That game had their name behind it but it didn't pull people in. Hell Crytek is hardly a big name in the industry. 

A crap game behind a 'big' name is still a crap game regardless, and in the FPS genre no one is going to care if there is an exclusive FPS on the Wii U. Those come out on at least a bi-monthly basis.

The general public don't care what is "crap" Crysis and COD are massive household names that many people would buy a Wii U for if it "looked pretty"  was "adult" and had some kind of gameplay twist much like how the original Crysis had, and it's not necessarily true Crytek would make a FPS. 

1. Release Bayoneta 2 

I hope so, but I'm still almost 100% sure that most Bayonetta fans are idiots still protesting that they want it multiplatform <_< Plus Nintendo advertising a game? Pfffft

Edited by Penguin101, 21 January 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#9 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:52 AM

The general public don't care what is "crap" Crysis and COD are massive household names that many people would buy a Wii U for if it "looked pretty"  was "adult" and had some kind of gameplay twist much like how the original Crysis had, and it's not necessarily true Crytek would make a FPS. 

Oh really? You mean like CoD Ghosts and Black Ops 2 that were both on the Wii U and yet sold horribly and didn't boost the system's sales? 

pNgecl.gif

#10 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:58 AM

Oh really? You mean like CoD Ghosts and Black Ops 2 that were both on the Wii U and yet sold horribly and didn't boost the system's sales? 

I'm talking about on other consoles, Nintendo has Nintendo fans which will buy Nintendo franchises. Nintendo need Microsoft and Sony gamers to come on board and buy the Wii U as a secondary console to their XBO and PS4. In which you can usually tempt them with something they'd usually play on their PS4 or XBO - but can't because it's a Nintendo exclusive IP.

Edited by Penguin101, 21 January 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#11 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

Honestly I would buy a Kid Icarus Uprising HD in a heartbeat. It's potential is limited by the 3DS. (I love Kid Icarus, not saying that it's bad)

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

Crytek sucks at making games but is good at making things shiny. That said Crysis 3 was running on Wii U on good settings and like Half Life on Dreamcast was close to being ready to be shipped. Just when EA had their tantrum that was the end of that.

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

I'm talking about on other consoles, Nintendo has Nintendo fans which will buy Nintendo franchises. Nintendo need Microsoft and Sony gamers to come on board and buy the Wii U as a secondary console to their XBO and PS4. In which you can usually tempt them with something they'd usually play on their PS4 or XBO - but can't because it's a Nintendo exclusive IP.

A bad game isn't going to tempt people to buy anything, and even one single good game isn't going to be enough to get people to fork over the money needed for a console. Xbone and PS4 gamers would rather miss out on a good game than buy a Nintendo system. Just look at Bayonetta 2. There was a HUGE outcry about that game being exclusive but I can guarantee you that the majority of those same people who have cried, moaned, and pleaded for that game will NOT buy a Nintendo system for it. The few that do will make sure they buy everything used as a big middle finger to Nintendo.

pNgecl.gif

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:52 AM

Just look at Bayonetta 2. There was a HUGE outcry about that game being exclusive

#15 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think advertising should be a top priority. Ever since the holiday ended, I've seen the same amount of commercials for PS4 and Xbox One but not a single one for Wii U anymore. No Wii Fit U, or anything, heck who knows if their even gonna advertise DKC:TF!

Edited by Foot, 21 January 2014 - 09:57 AM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#16 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Good points. This all should be at least considered by Nintendo.

#17 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

A bad game isn't going to tempt people to buy anything, and even one single good game isn't going to be enough to get people to fork over the money needed for a console. Xbone and PS4 gamers would rather miss out on a good game than buy a Nintendo system. Just look at Bayonetta 2. There was a HUGE outcry about that game being exclusive but I can guarantee you that the majority of those same people who have cried, moaned, and pleaded for that game will NOT buy a Nintendo system for it. The few that do will make sure they buy everything used as a big middle finger to Nintendo.

Trouble is Nintendo need to get new blood or they'll stagnate into a mario type ooze. They need IPs that may not attract current Nintendo gamers, but will attract the average xbox fanboy and get them to actually change their mind on Nintendo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!