• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chunter

chunter

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:03 AM

For me, there is no greater football game than Tecmo Super Bowl 3.  Some of the players might have been exaggerated, but it was fun.  I loved having players outshine others.  And being able to pull off great plays with the greats.  With the Madden 20xx games, all the players seem to handle the same.  Somewhere in their "realism" the fun factor has been lost.

Anyone agree?

People still release Tecmo Super Bowl 3 every year with new rosters.  But I am hoping that one day, a company rerelases a Tecmo Super Bowl style game with updated graphics.  Side to side would be perfectly fine.  No need to mess with a winning formula.

#2 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

hmm, while I understand your point, I have to sort of disagree. I actually don't enjoy the modern football games, but I'll use fifa as a similar example.

There is immense satisfaction in pulling off a play that ACTUAL players on actual teams would use and scoring a goal. When you watch someone play, and it looks like a real soccer game, and see the skill involved in scoring, it's amazing. My friend and I would play together sometimes and we would actually play like real players.

Techmo Bowl, I remember doing these ridiculous plays that would go for 80 yards, while in Madden (on hard difficulty) those plays rarely happen. It's the same reason why some people prefer the newer basketball games to NBA jam back in the day, the realism makes it feel like you're actually playing the real sport. Of course, going for 80 yards, dunking overtop of someone and destroying the backboard and scoring 20 goals is extremely fun!

#3 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

Well not to thread jack but both of those games are far better than this turd.  I don't know why but your tecmo reminded me of it.  I think it's because I wanted tecmo bowl on my original NES but picked this up really cheap.  OMG this game sucked so bad, to this day I remember hating this game.  I just remember it being slow and the directions were messed up.  Sorry to rant carry on.

NFL_Football_1988_NES_cover.jpg

Edited by Aplg8, 26 January 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:18 PM

NFL 2k5 the last football game I ever bought and to me the best I ever played. Furk EA.

I also loved NFL Blitz 2000

Edited by Ryudo, 26 January 2014 - 11:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!