Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:18 AM

Last year, 3DS sales figures finally overtook those of the Wii's in Japan. The figure's especially impressive when you consider the ongoing threat of smartphones and tablets, along with the fact that US sales figures for the handheld recently passed the 11.5 million mark.

With a range of great titles slated for release in the first part of 2014, including Yoshi's New Island, which received a western release date last week and Super Smash Bros.,which is steadily unveiling new fighters, 2014 is already looking like it could be even bigger for Nintendo's handheld.

http://www.ign.com/a...illion-in-japan

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

Nice!

I bet they're all having fun with trapped in a room with a girl.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

But but but...the doom! D: They're supposed to be doomed not selling well the doomdoomdoomdoooooom

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yup, nintendo is dying

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

Wow, that would mean that every one in our whole country would have one. http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Netherlands

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#6 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:44 AM

Wow, that would mean that every one in our whole country would have one. http://en.m.wikipedi...iki/Netherlands

Just about enough

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#7 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

I love my 3DS XL, I'm looking forward to getting Mario Open Tennis, Mario Kart 7, Tales of the Abyss and Bravely Default this year.

#8 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

But but but...the doom! D: They're supposed to be doomed not selling well the doomdoomdoomdoooooom

Invader_Zim_Doom_Doom_Doom_by_xKillerxCa

pNgecl.gif

#9 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

Yup, nintendo is dying

Please don't say such horrible things.

#10 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

Guys we need to fire Iwata. He's running Nintendo into the ground.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#11 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:04 PM

Guys we need to fire Iwata. He's running Nintendo into the ground.

Well under his watch Nintendo is likely (according to what I've read) post a third consecutive fiscal loss.

#12 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:16 PM

Well under his watch Nintendo is likely (according to what I've read) post a third consecutive fiscal loss.

And under his watch, Nintendo produced the DS, 3DS and Wii, driving them massive profits.

Three years of losses after roughly two decades of profit is not going to sink Nintendo, nor does it mean Iwata just needs to be thrown away.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#13 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

And under his watch, Nintendo produced the DS, 3DS and Wii, driving them massive profits.

Three years of losses after roughly two decades of profit is not going to sink Nintendo, nor does it mean Iwata just needs to be thrown away.

The past is in the past, it's irrelevant. The fact is Nintendo will more than likely post a third successive fiscal loss, they've had to slash their handheld and home console forcecasts considerably and there is no sign of the Wii U picking up, despite the greatness of SM3DW, it hasn't had the desired effect that everyone including myself thought it would have.

While these losses won't sink Nintendo it should serve as a massive wake up call to Nintendo that they need to restructure, regroup and refocus on becoming a much better company. There's always room for improvement and there are lots of areas where Nintendo can improve on as far as I'm concerned.

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

The past is in the past, it's irrelevant. The fact is Nintendo will more than likely post a third successive fiscal loss, they've had to slash their handheld and home console forcecasts considerably and there is no sign of the Wii U picking up, despite the greatness of SM3DW, it hasn't had the desired effect that everyone including myself thought it would have.

While these losses won't sink Nintendo it should serve as a massive wake up call to Nintendo that they need to restructure, regroup and refocus on becoming a much better company. There's always room for improvement and there are lots of areas where Nintendo can improve on as far as I'm concerned.

"The past is irrelevant"

Then that makes the previous two fiscal losses irrelevant.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:33 PM

"The past is irrelevant"

Then that makes the previous two fiscal losses irrelevant.

It would if Nintendo were to post a profit in March, if they don't then that's three losses in a row and that doesn't make good reading does it? It means that Nintendo hardware and software isn't selling as well as necessary and that is problematic.

I hope Iwata has the answers and Nintendo can get back to making an overall profit. If there's a games company which deserves continued success it's Nintendo.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 28 January 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#16 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

The past is in the past, it's irrelevant.

That's short term thinking. The past allows you to predict the long term future. Haven't you ever taken a statistics class?

So Nintendo may post a loss in March. A new CEO really can't do anything about that. The only thing that would do that is to completely butcher Nintendo, which might never recover from the surgery.

you keep on talking as if Nintendo is going the way of Blackberry in 2006, unwavering from their path to disaster. in reality nothing like that will happen. Nintendo made a gamble then bet on casual gamers, a simple mistake. They can recover or simply trudge along until their next console, like they did for the gamecube.

A new CEO is unneeded and would completely shock the company. Nintendo is a 125 year old company with a VERY stable corporate environment (all of it's prior CEOs retired when they were too old or ill to run the company, and they were all related). Firing Iwata would be counter to everything that is Nintendo, and unavoidably would start a chain of changes that would destroy Nintendo and it's reputation.

Nintendo is a cautious and deliberate company that is very careful with it's money, and not even a global ban on videogames will kill it.

Edited by grahamf, 28 January 2014 - 02:34 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#17 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Then it should either look to compete with Sony or Microsoft in the next generation of home consoles or do its fans a favour and stop making home consoles because I can tell you after the disappointment of the Wii U I sure as hell won't be touching another Nintendo home console.

I will more than likely buy their handhelds which is what I should have done in July. I should have bought a 3DS XL with three or four games instead of buying a Wii U.

#18 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Then it should either look to compete with Sony or Microsoft in the next generation of home consoles or do its fans a favour and stop making home consoles because I can tell you after the disappointment of the Wii U I sure as hell won't be touching another Nintendo home console.

I will more than likely buy their handhelds which is what I should have done in July. I should have bought a 3DS XL with three or four games instead of buying a Wii U.

This is your problem: YOU hate the Wii U. YOU like the Playsation and Xbox. That is your personal opinion on gaming. Stop expecting Nintendo to completely change their company so they can turn into the companies you like.

I and many others on this forums alone are NOT disappointed with our Wii Us. So calling it a disappointment is once again, you projecting your ideas over the general population. Much like what many of big game "review" sites do.

If you don't like the Wii U and it's games, fine, don't buy another home console. Just please stop going around saying they need to pander to your needs. I don't think anyone else agrees, and I know I certainly don't want to keep hearing about it every thread.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#19 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, it's like going to the Mazda forum and telling them you want them to bring back the disgraceful b-series.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#20 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Yeah, it's like going to the Mazda forum and telling them you want them to bring back the disgraceful b-series.

The problem with Nintendo is that they've made errors which a company of their stature and experience shouldn't be making. It's as though they automatically expected the 155million people who bought a DS to jump straight to the 3DS when it launched and likewise with the Wii and the Wii U. They made an error with the 3DS and have rectified it and yet made the same mistake with the Wii U.

How any company can expect to release a home console with not a single AAA game and a very small marketing campaign to sell 9 million units is beyond my level of comprehension?

The fact remains that a majority of gamers don't want mandatory gimmicks, underpowered hardware or a lack of third party support which is why they're staying away from the Wii U.

Nintendo has shown it never did its market research in regards to the Wii U, it has shown it doesn't listen to what gamers want and it has shown that it simply cannot maintain a handheld system and a home console system at the same time.

It seems to me that Nintendo's main focus has been the 3DS with the Wii U taking the backburner.

Nintendo have cut their sales forecasts and will more than likely post another fiscal loss. It's time Nintendo got with the programme and started offering competitive hardware, new IP's and started getting must have exclusives on their consoles because a 3DS port, a Lego game and Zombie game aren't what appeals to a majority of gamers.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 28 January 2014 - 03:48 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!