Photo

Steam Machine questions and are you getting one?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

You can get a rig for $500 but they dont sell dedicated rigs at walmarts and stuff so you have to go online and it becomes a pain in the butt. Im thinking of just buying a cheapo PC and then by a graphics and ram expansion. A pain in the butt IMO but im still considering.

Exactly.

PCs>Steam Machines

Yea my main reason for not doing the whole pc setup was that the games kept changing in the minimum specs.

So you get a game and it runs great then a few months later your out of spec ans you need a faster manchine.

So that was a main reason I didn't get onto the pc. And the steam machine seems like the same thing. There is different models and I am willing to beat that one say there release games and at it will only work on the upgraded one.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#22 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

I dunno, perfectly happy with PS4 and Wii U this gen but the convenience of the Steam box sounds appealing plus being able to buy cheap last gen ports with better performance is good too.

One more thing, will there be any way to run physical PC games on them?

#23 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

The Alienware Steam Machines will be very difficult to upgrade according to an article I read on Gamespot.

#24 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 01 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

off topic but I just finished Kore wa Zombie Desu ka or is this a zombie and finally figured out what your avatar is 

Yay! It's my favorite anime. XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!