• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

The only pokemon game I want to see is a big open world JRPG game co-develpoed with Monolith Soft. Find a way to translate the stats of pokemon from the handheld series over, yet make the gameplay unique to the console game. two different gameplay experiences, reasons to own two different consoles. I'll let the smart people at Nintendo figure out the gameplay of the console game, but Mnolith Soft could make something amazing in this world.

I'd even be ok with Them even focusing on making a JRPG in the Pokemon Universe that focuses on some new kind of combat mechanics. Take the Aura Guardian story line with Lucario and stuff from the show. Make up some interesting lore, nail the gameplay, and you could implement the whole pokemon trainer thing as a side mission in the game. they would already have the models for all the pokemon to battle anyway from being in game.

#22 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

ebay.com

A card game is one thing, simply scanning a card's nfc into your game and having a very powerful pokemon is different.

Ah, I didn't think about that.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#23 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

I don't think Nintendo needs saving. They are leading the console wars in terms of income. They have made more money than Microsoft and Playstation combined.

I don't believe Microsoft or Playstation have ever made money from the gaming business.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#24 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Nintendo has shown in the past they are not afraid of random crazy crossovers. Pokemon with Nobunga,Sonic with Yosihi,Smash bros series.
They should get Mistwalker to make a Wii U RPG full of Nintendo characters past and present. A turn based RPG but nothing overly complex but robust enough anyone can enjoy. What Mario RPG did in 1996 this could bring the same energy. Unlike games like ProjextXZone not a SRPG. Turn based and I say turn based as even tho as more a ARPG fan for Nintendo characters and this style of game turn works best.
Mario,Zelda,Metroid,Starfox,Mother,Pokemon and more.

Not really about saving anything just a random idea I just placed here just because

Edited by Ryudo, 02 February 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#25 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

So, on topic, do you think the Pokemon/Skylanders game is a good idea or bad?

Yeah for the casual crowd, but wait, the casual crowd aren't buying the Wii U while the hardcore gamers are waiting for Fzero, Starfox and Metroid games.

#26 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:57 AM

Yeah for the casual crowd, but wait, the casual crowd aren't buying the Wii U while the hardcore gamers are waiting for Fzero, Starfox and Metroid games.

I agree, I don't really see anything exciting about NFC. To me it just looks like a cash-in aimed at kids who like having the toys. If someone can tell me that it does other things then please do because I really don't see the point in it.

#27 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I dont think casuals would play Pokemon. I think some hardcore might (considering I would buy it), but I think kids would love it. And even if casuals would play it, and hardcore wouldn't, why shouldn't they work with Activision to make the game? It's not like hardcore gamers are buying the Wii U, since that is your measurement. :/

I agree, I don't really see anything exciting about NFC. To me it just looks like a cash-in aimed at kids who like having the toys. If someone can tell me that it does other things then please do because I really don't see the point in it.

NFC in general, or NFC just for games? NFC allows you to sync quickly with electronic devices. So, your phone has NFC and so does you JBL PowerUp Speaker? Go ahead and tap it! You'll be able to play music via bluetooth without any manuel syncing.

Now in games, I shown one way to do it. Which, yes, it is aimed at kids. But Nintendo might come up with some unique things to do.

#28 chunter

chunter

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

I don't believe Microsoft or Playstation have ever made money from the gaming business.

they just make games and game machines to be nice.

#29 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

They do it for their children. Which does explain a lot.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#30 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

I hate this mentality. 2014 is the year i need Nintendo to step up and do something out the box. Announce new ip's i guessing 3, plus starfox, f-zero, and metroid. Come on buy some damn studios and get to work Nintendo. You have the best developers in the world use them and challenege them to do more than what we have seen.

#31 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

I'd be ok with Monolith working on an RPG set in the Pokemon universe. Not even a mainstream title, it could even be a crossover between pokemon and xenoblade/X.

#32 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:59 AM

Sony made plenty of money from the PS1 and PS2, but yes the PS3 cost them billions from what I've read.

I'd be ok with Monolith working on an RPG set in the Pokemon universe. Not even a mainstream title, it could even be a crossover between pokemon and xenoblade/X.

Games Freak have already stated that Pokemon games will remain on Nintendo handhelds.

I hate this mentality. 2014 is the year i need Nintendo to step up and do something out the box. Announce new ip's i guessing 3, plus starfox, f-zero, and metroid. Come on buy some damn studios and get to work Nintendo. You have the best developers in the world use them and challenege them to do more than what we have seen.

But the casual gamers won't like all these great games, they want Wii Party U and Wii Fit U. Oh wait, they don't because they're not buying the Wii U are they?

Someone should put a fork in the Wii U, it's done!

#33 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

Top up your eShop account by tapping your paywave card, stuff like that could be cool..

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#34 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:05 AM

Top up your eShop account by tapping your paywave card, stuff like that could be cool..

Or phone. OR signing in to your Nintendo account using some sort of NFC Card on a guest Wii U.

#35 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

I think it's an awesome idea and I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.  The whole "Gotta catch 'em all" thing is perfect for a Skylanders-esque model.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#36 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

I think it's an awesome idea and I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.  The whole "Gotta catch 'em all" thing is perfect for a Skylanders-esque model.  

It should have been done years ago, not after Skylanders and Disney Infinity have come out.

It's also yet more casual gimmicky rubbish which isolates people like myself.

If it wasn't for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, I'd have traded in my Wii U by now.

#37 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:53 AM

It should have been done years ago, not after Skylanders and Disney Infinity have come out.

It's also yet more casual gimmicky rubbish which isolates people like myself.

If it wasn't for Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros, I'd have traded in my Wii U by now.

Yes, I know.  You post this kind of thing on every thread here.  It sounds like you might just be happier if you sold your Wii U and moved on.  No point in wallowing in your remorse over the purchase.  

Edited by kokirii, 04 February 2014 - 05:54 AM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#38 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Yes, I know.  You post this kind of thing on every thread here.  It sounds like you might just be happier if you sold your Wii U and moved on.  No point in wallowing in your remorse over the purchase.  

I bought the Wii U shortly after Nintendo's E3 2013 direct conference where they showed games like Smash Bros, X, Mario Kart 8. Yet There's no release date for Mario Kart 8. They say it's coming out in May, but I'm expecting a delay with "please understand", Super Smash Bros can't be that far into development because they are still adding characters to the game and there has been no mention of X at all since the E3 trailer.

I think 2014 with the Wii U is going to mirror 2013 with yet more game delays and yet more "please understand".

I'm not going to trade in my Wii U because games like Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 and X are going to be worth the wait, but Nintendo can count me out of buying their next home console.

My Wii U is just a dust collector at the moment.

#39 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

I dont regret buying a wiiu like sailtheseas but i do agree with him that nfc toys are rubbish.

#40 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Game Freak have already stated that the Main Series games are staying on handhelds. That doesn't mean we couldn't get some kind of big AAA RPG that is Completely different than the main series. Read my whole post before you comment on it. That's the point of the Monolith Soft comment.

Games Freak have already stated that Pokemon games will remain on Nintendo handhelds

Sony made plenty of money from the PS1 and PS2, but yes the PS3 cost them billions from what I've read.

Games Freak have already stated that Pokemon games will remain on Nintendo handhelds.

But the casual gamers won't like all these great games, they want Wii Party U and Wii Fit U. Oh wait, they don't because they're not buying the Wii U are they?

Someone should put a fork in the Wii U, it's done!

Game Freak said the Main Series Pokemon games would stay on handhelds. This does not mean a huge AAA RPG is impossible. Hence the comment about a crossover with Monolith. Read my post in it's entirety and understand it before commenting on it.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!