Photo

Amazon buys Double Helix Games

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

http://www.gamespot....s/1100-6417554/

An Amazon representative told GameSpot, "Amazon has acquired Double Helix as part of our ongoing commitment to build innovative games for customers."

The story follows rumours of Amazon's plans to launch an Android-powered games and entertainment device this year. The device will reportedly cost less than $300 and allow users to stream and download games, music, movies, and TV content.

Amazon has taken several steps into the gaming industry in recent years, employing an internal game development team and hiring Halo writer Erik Nylund to become Amazon's director of narrative design for an unspecified project.

"I can't talk about specifics, but I wouldn't be there unless something cool was brewing," he said at the time. It sounds like we're going to get those specifics very soon.

Well, looks like PrimeBox is happening, at least it'll have a smile on it...
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:09 AM

Double Helix did a game recently.... aren't they the guys that did Killer Instinct on the Xbox One?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

Double Helix did a game recently.... aren't they the guys that did Killer Instinct on the Xbox One?

Yup and they're working on a Strider reboot now too
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:34 AM

Not gonna lie, that's a powerful acquisition. Hope it doesn't mean a bad thing in the end for Double Helix, that is, if this Amazon console isn't a broke job.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Ninty64X

Ninty64X

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Fandom:
    MST3K, Animation, Metal Gear, OddWorld

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

Even though they're making a console, it still seems a bit weird Amazon, a shopping site, has bought a video game company. I'm curious to see how this all turns out.

On the hunt for her dad's killer, she learns she needs to step up her game. It's time to unleash some superpowers. - Netflix's amazing Kill La Kill description

#6 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:33 AM

Over saturation. We're getting to the same point as when the last crash happened.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#7 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:09 AM

They have a powerful channel to market, they will make money.  That's all that matters.

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

lol, this is going to be hilarious. Another rainbowty company wanting to use gamers to get their media box in homes.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

A lame developer and likely going to make some Ouya type thing. yawn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!