• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:03 AM

Not that I care for the game, haven't had a COD since Blops 2 on Wii U. Might concern those with the Xbone version though.

http://www.eurogamer...od-ghosts-patch

"The goal was to create a more stable and fairer online experience that is better suited for tournament play, but shortly after the patch went live players started noticing significant performance issues with the Xbox One version of the game, to the point where even "sub-20" frame-rates were reported"

"Kicking off with a look at Stonehaven, it's immediately obvious that things are not quite right. While the game does indeed hit 60fps in this stage, frame-rates are dramatically impacted when the whole level is in view, with metrics varying between 46-60fps as we run across the landscape. As frame-rates fall below the desired 60fps target, we also see the appearance of some screen-tear, adding some judder, making drops in smoothness more noticeable"

"Meanwhile, aiming down the barrel of a sniper scope can see significant drops down as far as the mid-30s - something we never encountered before in ether next-gen version of Ghosts during multiplayer"

"For the record, we also tested out the PS4 version of Call of Duty: Ghosts online and found no change to the performance level we saw at launch"

#2 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

Good thing Ghosts Wii U doesn't get patches hehe.....heh.....heh :(

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

#4 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

As much as a fan I am of the Call of Duty franchise, Ghosts is easily my least favourite in terms of multiplayer. Extinction was alright, definitely room for that mode to improve. Just the general metagame and maps themselves felt off, the modes themselves were alright as well.

A combination of inexperience and bad testing probably led to this.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#5 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:15 AM

Cod isn't high tech. Lol

If the x1 is getting poor performance, it sounds like they're using the same crappy wii u port teams. Lol

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:24 AM

But, aren't Treyarch the guys who do Wii U related CoD porting? I don't think that would mean they used the same team for the X1. I would venture that those are a group of people who have mostly done work on the 360 versions of their titles.

Not that it matters. X1 is a nerfbox.

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

play FFA, first time it was playable since BO.

#8 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

As much as a fan I am of the Call of Duty franchise, Ghosts is easily my least favourite in terms of multiplayer. Extinction was alright, definitely room for that mode to improve. Just the general metagame and maps themselves felt off, the modes themselves were alright as well.

A combination of inexperience and bad testing probably led to this.

agreed about it feeling off. I like the larger levels, but something about it is just off. The leveling feels pointless as I've already unlocked whatever gun I wanted in the first 10 levels. The whole squad thing is weird too. I tried the new gunpoint (sp?) mode, and was pretty fun i guess.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

I haven't played every CoD, but the spawning was by far the worst in this title. Even without based, at the very least it felt up until Ghosts that they wouldn't spawn you so close to enemies. Progress tracking was also ridiculous. I liked how they did perks though.

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 Aplg8

Aplg8

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

Not that I care for the game, haven't had a COD since Blops 2 on Wii U.

Since Blop 2? Wasn't that the last one?  :P

I haven't bought a COD game since MW2 but have been gifted everyone since.  I enjoyed the 1st Black Ops multiplayer on my xbox and sucked at each modern warfare (didn't really play much)  I had Blops 2 on my WII U and found it ok....not a lot of maps but it allowed for 15-30 mins of zone out time as I don't game great deal.

Someone gave me a cop of ghosts for my xbox again this year...........I played a few times and that was it, doubt I'll play it again.  The weapons upgrade put me off, the maps were too big, and it seems like you die a lot quicker.  The game just feels so slow. 

#11 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:52 AM

^^ Ha, maybe that's how much I haven't been interested in the series. Although, playing with the Wii remote was fun,

#12 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

I would say the fact that developers are struggling to adapt their software to the Xbox One's specification says more about their own incompetence then it does about the Xbox One's hardware.

#13 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:13 PM

642.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!