• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

You may not ever have said it directly but let's be honest here.

"They need to modernize and get rid of gamepad and get shooters because Microsoft and Sony so much better and more successful"

Happens all. The frinking. Time.

You'd make a fantastic journalist.

I have never said that Nintendo should get rid of the gamepad and nor have I said that Nintendo should get lots of shooters, not that shooters are bad games.

Doom, System Shock and Quake are examples of great shooters.

Back then companies did not sell their devices at a loss. For example, do you really think a quad core smartphone with a big screen and insane specs is only worth $400?

Nintendo can release a powerful console and sell it for a profit.

#22 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I have never said that Nintendo should get rid of the gamepad and nor have I said that Nintendo should get lots of shooters, not that shooters are bad games.

I've actually been told to be a journalist before.

Besides, I've tried not exaggerating and being reasonable with you. No point. You're beyond help here.

You keep complaining about features in the system that everyone loves and talking whining about how they need to have a regular controller because QQ the gamepad is "useless". I've told you again and again that's a personal choice. Not a single person has agreed with you (honestly ridiculous and stupid) viewpoint. Yet you bring it up every thread. You'd a thread like this about how the stupid crap Sony and Microsoft are pulling could potentially ruin the whole frinking industry, but nope. Nintendo needs to stoop to the level of these $5-for-a-blow money whores because creativity is definitely the last thing the gaming industry needs right now.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#23 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

I've actually been told to be a journalist before.

Besides, I've tried not exaggerating and being reasonable with you. No point. You're beyond help here.

You keep complaining about features in the system that everyone loves and talking whining about how they need to have a regular controller because QQ the gamepad is "useless". I've told you again and again that's a personal choice. Not a single person has agreed with you (honestly ridiculous and stupid) viewpoint. Yet you bring it up every thread. You'd a thread like this about how the stupid crap Sony and Microsoft are pulling could potentially ruin the whole frinking industry, but nope. Nintendo needs to stoop to the level of these $5-for-a-blow money whores because creativity is definitely the last thing the gaming industry needs right now.

I've said that the gamepad should have been an optional accessory, so that the people who didn't want the gamepad could opt not to purchase it and those who did want it could opt to purchase it. The gamepad would have a lot more merit if all games utilised it well enough for it to be considered an integral part of the experience like the Wiimotes for instance. It's called consumer choice and consumers respond better to a wider variety of choices rather than having stuff forced onto them.

Consoles won't ruin the industry, if anything is going to ruin the industry it's over-bloated AAA game budgets, it's DLC and microtransactions and the various other ways the consumer is treated like a cash-cow.

Also Nintendo would be best served using their creative talents to make some new compelling software instead of beating Mario and Zelda to death every console cycle.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 09 February 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#24 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Well you've said that the gamepad is gimicky, the only good thing about it is the off-TV play which in result puts off buyers/gamers so nintendo should make the gamepad an secondary controller and use something like the pro controller as the main. Continueing you've also mentioned that Nintendo needs to listen to the gamers and give them what they want, while that means F-Zero, Metriod, Starfox and more mature games in generaly it indirectly also means that they should do as MS/Sony who 'give gamers what they want'.

This is no hate, just my two penny's I actually think that you have some pretty solid arguments/interesting discussions from time to time.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#25 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Well you've said that the gamepad is gimicky, the only good thing about it is the off-TV play which in result puts off buyers/gamers so nintendo should make the gamepad an secondary controller and use something like the pro controller as the main. Continueing you've also mentioned that Nintendo needs to listen to the gamers and give them what they want, while that means F-Zero, Metriod, Starfox and more mature games in generaly it indirectly also means that they should do as MS/Sony who 'give gamers what they want'.

This is no hate, just my two penny's I actually think that you have some pretty solid arguments/interesting discussions from time to time.

The problem Nintendo has is that it can continue to ignore what the wider gaming community wants and maybe their innovation will strike a chord with gamers i.e. the Wii and become a massive system seller, a massively profitable product and offer a more interactive and exciting way to play games. However if the consoles don't strike a chord with the wider gaming community, you have a struggling product which is causing you to incur losses and your market share shrinks as a result. If your market share continues to shrink and shrink, eventually you can't make a profit on any product you sell in that market because you'll have lost the faith of a majority of consumers.

This is what put the nail in the coffin of Sega, they lost consumer faith due to a series of failed consoles and they became irrelevant, by the time they struck a chord with the Dreamcast, it was too little, too late. Now Nintendo will not suffer in the same sense financially that Sega did and Nintendo still have the handheld market all to itself, so it has that industry to fall back on.

I just worry that Nintendo are going to continue to keep pushing hardware like the Wii and Wii U and eventually they'll become irrelevant in the home console market and I don't know about you but I dread a two horse industry of Microsoft and Sony.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 09 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#26 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I just worry that Nintendo are going to continue to keep pushing hardware like the Wii and Wii U and eventually they'll become irrelevant in the home console market and I don't know about you but I dread a two horse industry of Microsoft and Sony.

I feel like with the Wii/U they've made their first steps moving away from the gaming scene, especially with their QoL plan I think that Nintendo isn't only searching for blue oceans but sailing into another market. Like how they went from trading cards and toys to videogames and while this may take another 30/40 years I feel like it is something that can't be avoided. And that indeed is something I dread.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#27 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

How? Both Sony and Microsoft practically use off-the-shelf pc parts and STILL sell at a loss. Nintendo cannot do the same unless they somehow had AMD and other major suppliers by the balls and could negotiate a 50% discount on components, and that is just not possible.

You simply don't seem to understand that Nintendo just cannot put more into a system than what they can sell it for. Very basic economics, known by anyone that pays their own bills.

Edited by grahamf, 09 February 2014 - 03:09 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#28 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

I've said that the gamepad should have been an optional accessory, so that the people who didn't want the gamepad could opt not to purchase it and those who did want it could opt to purchase it. The gamepad would have a lot more merit if all games utilised it well enough for it to be considered an integral part of the experience like the Wiimotes for instance. It's called consumer choice and consumers respond better to a wider variety of choices rather than having stuff forced onto them.

Consoles won't ruin the industry, if anything is going to ruin the industry it's over-bloated AAA game budgets, it's DLC and microtransactions and the various other ways the consumer is treated like a cash-cow.

Also Nintendo would be best served using their creative talents to make some new compelling software instead of beating Mario and Zelda to death every console cycle.

Oh because if you make the gamepad a secondary controller, developers will definitely support it, and the support definitely will be really cool stuff and not useless things, so that people without the controller will be missing most of the gaming experience.

Yes, I'm beginning to see the logic here.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#29 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:44 PM

How? Both Sony and Microsoft practically use off-the-shelf pc parts and STILL sell at a loss. Nintendo cannot do the same unless they somehow had AMD and other major suppliers by the balls and could negotiate a 50% discount on components, and that is just not possible.

You simply don't seem to understand that Nintendo just cannot put more into a system than what they can sell it for. Very basic economics, known by anyone that pays their own bills.

Take away the Gamepad and you can use that money to make a more powerful console. It's simple maths.

The reason the Wii U is underpowered is because of the tablet controller.

Oh because if you make the gamepad a secondary controller, developers will definitely support it, and the support definitely will be really cool stuff and not useless things, so that people without the controller will be missing most of the gaming experience.

Yes, I'm beginning to see the logic here.

Well they're not supporting now are they?

The gamepad is a waste of time.

It hasn't taken off and it never will take off.

In theory it's nice, rather like Communism is nice in theory, but in reality it just doesn't work.

This whole second screen stuff isn't useful, it isn't revolutionary, it is simply a waste of time and money.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 09 February 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#30 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

Take away the Gamepad and you can use that money to make a more powerful console. It's simple maths.

In theory it's nice, rather like Communism is nice in theory, but in reality it just doesn't work.

This whole second screen stuff isn't useful, it isn't revolutionary, it is simply a waste of time and money.

The reason Wii U is underpowered/Not considered Next Gen by others is that Nintendo clearly tried to gain the success from the Nintendo Wii and failed.

#31 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Last I checked, math had numbers.

And even then (and assuming Nintendo chose to sell at a loss) $300 of components will not be the same as $400 of components. And we established Nintendo will not sell at a loss.

http://www.destructo...28-249435.phtml

Regardless, it's only natural to be curious about where all that green went. CNN Money wanted to dig a bit deeper, so it had UMB TechInsights tear down a Wii U and estimate the cost of the individual parts. The GamePad alone is valued at $79.25, while the main console comes to $148.25, resulting in an approximate total of $228. You'll notice that's less than the $300 MSRP for the Basic Set.

Nintendo would attempt to maintain their profit margins, which is necessary for them to stay in business. Even if they were to use the entire $228 towards the console, it simply won't compete with a console that has $381 worth of components source

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#32 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

you are the only. Bucking. Person who thinks so. That's your problem, you keep projecting you personal opinions as some kind of spoken law that everyone else supports.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#33 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

you are the only. Bucking. Person who thinks so. That's your problem, you keep projecting you personal opinions as some kind of spoken law that everyone else supports.

Just leave him to his little bubble. 

pNgecl.gif

#34 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

Just leave him to his little bubble. 

I would, but every thread.

EVERY THREAD.

Edited by WydrA, 09 February 2014 - 09:58 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#35 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I would, but every thread.

EVERY THREAD.

Shouldn't this forum have an ignore feature? Problem solved. 

pNgecl.gif

#36 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

Shouldn't this forum have an ignore feature? Problem solved. 

I second this. All in favor of Mourn adding ignore support?

Edited by grahamf, 09 February 2014 - 10:40 PM.

#37 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:54 PM

I second this. All in favor of Mourn adding ignore support?

That was more of a rhetorical question. I assumed that there was an ignore feature since it's a pretty common thing on message boards. 

pNgecl.gif

#38 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:13 AM

That was more of a rhetorical question. I assumed that there was an ignore feature since it's a pretty common thing on message boards. 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope.

#39 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:02 AM

The reason Wii U is underpowered/Not considered Next Gen by others is that Nintendo clearly tried to gain the success from the Nintendo Wii and failed.

Yeah they thought they could make another underpowered console with a new gimmicky controller based on the successes of the Wii and DS and the problem is that the gamers who went mental for the Wii are not going mental for iOS and Android games on their smartphones and tablets. They want to invest in games that cost £0.99 or £2.49 to play on the train or the bus, not invest £309.99 in a console and then £45.99 for Nintendo first party games.

Meanwhile there are lots of gamers who play Nintendo games as well as Sony games, Microsoft games and third party games who were excited about the Wii U back in 2011 who were promised a return to the Nintendo of old and yet got offered another Wii like console which they didn't want.

People keep saying that the 3DS gamers will flock over to the Wii U in due course and what isn't taken into consideration is that maybe a lot of people who are buying 3DS family consoles might be buying the 2DS as it is cheap and not a bad handheld, not everybody has the disposable income to drop on multiple systems.

I think this year will be telling as to how well the Wii U will do. 3D World had a small impact on sales, a much smaller impact than I had anticipated, I hope Mario Kart 8 is really going to bump up sales, if that doesn't then I'd be very worried if I was Iwata.

Those two games saved the 3DS and turned its fortunes around and have led a failing console to success, if those two games cannot do the same for the Wii U, then it will be interesting to see the response from Iwata.

Has he got the business acumen to turn things around? He's done it with the 3DS, but can he do it with the Wii U? I hope so, but this year is a big year for the Wii U.

Go over to IGN and Gamespot and you'll see that I'm not the only person who thinks so. There are gamers who gamed with Nintendo on the SNES, N64 and Gamecube who were isolated by the Wii and have been isolated by the Wii U and they're pretty upset that Iwata has come into Nintendo and turned what was once a big player in the console industry into a company which doesn't care about its core fanbase because it's too busy chasing after casual gamers who bought the Wii, but have now moved on to playing Flappy Birds and whatever else on their smartphones and tablets.

5.6 million people like the Wii U and have bought one, but you'll see at the end of this generation that the majority of gamers aren't interested in what Nintendo is offering on the hardware front. The Xbox One will smash the Wii U to smithereens in sales which in turn will get smashed by the PS4 which is what a majority of gamers want. They want a simple and powerful console, a simple controller and great games. Nothing more, nothing less.

You cannot argue with sales figures, they provide all the evidence that you need and it wouldn't surprise me if the PS4 has outsold the Wii U in Worldwide sales as of this month.

#40 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:13 AM

Yeah they thought they could make another underpowered console with a new gimmicky controller based on the successes of the Wii and DS and the problem is that the gamers who went mental for the Wii are not going mental for iOS and Android games on their smartphones and tablets. They want to invest in games that cost £0.99 or £2.49 to play on the train or the bus, not invest £309.99 in a console and then £45.99 for Nintendo first party games.

Meanwhile there are lots of gamers who play Nintendo games as well as Sony games, Microsoft games and third party games who were excited about the Wii U back in 2011 who were promised a return to the Nintendo of old and yet got offered another Wii like console which they didn't want.

People keep saying that the 3DS gamers will flock over to the Wii U in due course and what isn't taken into consideration is that maybe a lot of people who are buying 3DS family consoles might be buying the 2DS as it is cheap and not a bad handheld, not everybody has the disposable income to drop on multiple systems.

I think this year will be telling as to how well the Wii U will do. 3D World had a small impact on sales, a much smaller impact than I had anticipated, I hope Mario Kart 8 is really going to bump up sales, if that doesn't then I'd be very worried if I was Iwata.

Those two games saved the 3DS and turned its fortunes around and have led a failing console to success, if those two games cannot do the same for the Wii U, then it will be interesting to see the response from Iwata.

Has he got the business acumen to turn things around? He's done it with the 3DS, but can he do it with the Wii U? I hope so, but this year is a big year for the Wii U.

Go over to IGN and Gamespot and you'll see that I'm not the only person who thinks so. There are gamers who gamed with Nintendo on the SNES, N64 and Gamecube who were isolated by the Wii and have been isolated by the Wii U and they're pretty upset that Iwata has come into Nintendo and turned what was once a big player in the console industry into a company which doesn't care about its core fanbase because it's too busy chasing after casual gamers who bought the Wii, but have now moved on to playing Flappy Birds and whatever else on their smartphones and tablets.

5.6 million people like the Wii U and have bought one, but you'll see at the end of this generation that the majority of gamers aren't interested in what Nintendo is offering on the hardware front. The Xbox One will smash the Wii U to smithereens in sales which in turn will get smashed by the PS4 which is what a majority of gamers want. They want a simple and powerful console, a simple controller and great games. Nothing more, nothing less.

You cannot argue with sales figures, they provide all the evidence that you need and it wouldn't surprise me if the PS4 has outsold the Wii U in Worldwide sales as of this month.

I really shouldn`t be replying to you, but so much of what you say is just so gosh darned stupid.

Seriously? Gamespot and IGN?

SERIOUSLY?

GAMESPOT.

and I.G.N.

I challenge you to find a WORSE place to find people who 1. actually know crap about the Wii U 2. actually own a Wii U.

I have serious doubt the REVIEWS on those sites have Wii U's sometimes.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!