Photo

My math professor can't speak a drop of English and everyone in the class is..

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

confused, annoyed, frustrated.

He has a thick Ghanian African accent and we can't understand what he's saying. He works the problems on his own and doesn't explain them at all. I have a test tomorrow, I'm sure I'm going to bomb, I don't wanna drop because I think I still can pass the final test. 

wat do

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Read the book sweetie.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

I once had a high school Physics teacher from Romania that did speak English, but claimed everything he was teaching us was Romainian eighth grade stuff and you could follow along by just recognizing the units. He didn't last long.

Don't know how to help you though.

Read the book sweetie.

Math textbooks can be pretty rainbowty. I've had so many where they were chock full of example questions, but you have to look very very hard to find an explanation or procedure for solving the problem.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Best you can do is online reviews.  Those work the best

#5 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Stop being obnoxious and read the book...

AlwaysNintendoLogo-e1402524089702.png

Check out Always Nintendo! It's your daily dose of Wii U and Nintendo 3DS news!

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Sorry, he can't stop that, just like you can't stop claiming that offsite stuff matters here or shilling your crappy website.

On topic: I'd suggest Khan Academy if you really feel dedicated to it. The site has many, many tutorials all for free and such. 

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:32 PM

Stop being obnoxious 

Stop being obnoxious 

How about you follow your own advice?

#8 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:42 PM

Sorry, he can't stop that, just like you can't stop claiming that offsite stuff matters here or shilling your crappy website.

On topic: I'd suggest Khan Academy if you really feel dedicated to it. The site has many, many tutorials all for free and such. 

WHAT IS THIS I CANT EVEN.

Don't talk about my website like that, it has a higher traffic rank than this one so if mine is crappy, this one is the butt that the crap comes out of  B)

How about you follow your own advice?

Was that supposed to be a question? Just making sure. Might wanna remove the question mark.

Edited by AlwaysNinty, 14 February 2014 - 09:43 PM.

#9 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Is he the only professor that teaches that course? Did you check the professors reviews online before taking that class?

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#10 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

#Frugal

hqdefault.jpg

#11 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

WHAT IS THIS I CANT EVEN.

Don't talk about my website like that, it has a higher traffic rank than this one so if mine is crappy, this one is the butt that the crap comes out of  B)

Was that supposed to be a question? Just making sure. Might wanna remove the question mark.

The point is your posts aren't really helpful. And you're deluded if you think that all textbooks do a good job of explaining the specific steps involved in solving a problem.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#12 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

The point is your posts aren't really helpful. And you're deluded if you think that all textbooks do a good job of explaining the specific steps involved in solving a problem.

I've posted plenty of developer interviews. Those can be very helpful considering that this forum IS dedicated to the Wii U, am I wrong? On another note, your textbooks must suck in America.

CANADA FTW!!

Is he the only professor that teaches that course? Did you check the professors reviews online before taking that class?

Why don't you check sweetie?

#13 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

I've posted plenty of developer interviews. Those can be very helpful considering that this forum IS dedicated to the Wii U, am I wrong? On another note, your textbooks must suck in America.

CANADA FTW!!

Why don't you check sweetie?

Because I'm tired...

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#14 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:25 PM

CANADA FTW!!

Last time I checked, you aren't in college.  Besides, the textbook industry is pretty dominated and most places get the same textbooks or from the same company, unless you live in a place like China or Korea.  Besides, math textbooks are utter garbage no matter what you read.

College isn't about learning from the professor, it's about learning everything on your own.  The professor is there to pretty much be the guide and answer questions.  The problem is so many professors are foreign, and in my experience in the CS program, most have accents and are hard to understand their lectures, a lot of online resources have instructors with thick Indian accents too.

#15 Dankey Kang

Dankey Kang

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Fandom:
    Coding and Gaming!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Last time I checked, you aren't in college.  Besides, the textbook industry is pretty dominated and most places get the same textbooks or from the same company, unless you live in a place like China or Korea.  Besides, math textbooks are utter garbage no matter what you read.

College isn't about learning from the professor, it's about learning everything on your own.  The professor is there to pretty much be the guide and answer questions.  The problem is so many professors are foreign, and in my experience in the CS program, most have accents and are hard to understand their lectures, a lot of online resources have instructors with thick Indian accents too.

Fak. College sounds hard :(

#16 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

Fak. College sounds hard :(

Wait, why have you suddenly started acting like everyone else on this website? It was kinda refreshing to see you posting, well, you know, useful information. Also, what's with the Mignaga ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) name?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#17 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:18 AM

He's not even the professor we're suppose to have, he's a replacement. He's not on ratemyprofessors

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#18 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

i don't know if you're in high school, secondary school, collage, 6th form or university

but if you're in any but university, than you should probably be able to ask your head of year or head of maths to be able to get transferred to a different class since you can't understand him. If enough people complain then they're forced to replace him.

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#19 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

i don't know if you're in high school, secondary school, collage, 6th form or university

but if you're in any but university, than you should probably be able to ask your head of year or head of maths to be able to get transferred to a different class since you can't understand him. If enough people complain then they're forced to replace him.

^This is why we read threads everyone.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Why are you all so racist anyway?
So what your teacher doesn't know YOUR language. You're in HER class, follow HER rules, not your own.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!