Photo

Transformers: rise of the dark spark this year for next gen ( includes wii u!)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

http://www.slashgear...ie-in-14316976/

Also ign and polygon reporting.

Looks like very system known to man is getting it.

Looks like a "cybertron" game going by the assets used.

Pumped for this!

#2 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

I say wait and see what the Wii U version is like before getting excited. I personally don't care for Activision but they have done an alright job of supporting the Wii U. 

pNgecl.gif

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Not a movie game. Cool I never played but the War for Cybertron looked great. Did not watch Transformers growing up in the 80's i was Thundercats and Ninja Turtles kid. However I did see the 1986 movie few years ago and enjoyed it esp Orsen wells. Prime series I found to be quite good. Movie have been awful but I'd give this a go.

#4 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

I don't like transformers so no to this for me

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

I don't like transformers so no to this for me

We all thank you for posting nothing useful to the topic.

#6 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I gave my honest opinon

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Not a movie game. Cool I never played but the War for Cybertron looked great. Did not watch Transformers growing up in the 80's i was Thundercats and Ninja Turtles kid. However I did see the 1986 movie few years ago and enjoyed it esp Orsen wells. Prime series I found to be quite good. Movie have been awful but I'd give this a go.

All the movie games sucked unfortunately. Even the one made by High Moon.

War for.. And Fall of Cybertron were stellar.

As great as arkham is for giving Batman his proper games, these are that for transformers.

The prime game was pathetic.

I'm hopeful for this one. But I know I'll get it anyway. Lol

Ts kind of interesting because the models are a cross between the cybertron/gen 1 and bay formers models.

Can't tell much by the trailer yet.

But fall of cybertron is going to be very hard to top. I just hope they improve those last gen graphics in time.

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

http://www.slashgear...ie-in-14316976/

Also ign and polygon reporting.

Looks like very system known to man is getting it.

Looks like a "cybertron" game going by the assets used.

Pumped for this!

Why does the trailer say Fall 2012?
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

They put the fall of cybertron trailer there because they didn't have media yet. Go here:

http://m.ign.com/vid...nnounce-trailer

They put the fall of cybertron trailer there because they didn't have media yet. Go here:

http://m.ign.com/vid...nnounce-trailer

#10 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Finally a hd transformers game for the wii u

Love WOC and FOC

Too bad the game will merge the Cybertron universe with the Transformers of M. Bay

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#11 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Finally a hd transformers game for the wii u

Love WOC and FOC

Too bad the game will merge the Cybertron universe with the Transformers of M. Bay

I know.

I actually like the bAy movies.

But...

They shouldn't be considered canon.

And the cybertron games were all about establishing canon. Has to have them a lot of freedom to write officiL backstory.

Perhaps they just want one cohesive storyline.

But I think they so Optimus prime too much injustice in the movies.

#12 Captain Marvelous

Captain Marvelous

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

I know.

I actually like the bAy movies.

But...

They shouldn't be considered canon.

And the cybertron games were all about establishing canon. Has to have them a lot of freedom to write officiL backstory.

Perhaps they just want one cohesive storyline.

But I think they so Optimus prime too much injustice in the movies.

My problem is that they will make a crossover..

I liked more when Cyberton games and Transformers movies where two franchise with seperated games

I dont like the movies, and i dont have any problem with people that like the movies, but this is kinda a low blow from the people that had the ideia of this game....

More info

"'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark' was announced today during Hasbro's preview event for New York Toy Fair, kicking off tomorrow from the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. The trailer shows the action we can expect to find in the title slated to be released this year, and can be viewed above. We got to catch up with a representative from Activision at the Hasbro event and find out some more details about the game.

'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark' will run alongside the new film, Age of Extinction, the representative said, and will be "marrying two different universes, the Tranformers Cybertron universe and the Michael Bay Transformers universe," and players will get to experience characters from both environments.

While playing through the single player campaign, you will be able to play as both the Autobots and Decepticons. One character you'll get to play as in the merged worlds is the new Grimlock from the upcoming film.

Extinction mode, the multiplayer portion of Transformers' games, is back for 'Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark': It is now horde-based combat with over 40 playable characters. Additionally, multiplayer and single player will link up, where progression will follow you from one game mode to another, meaning the rank ups and power ups you gain in multiplayer can travel with you to single player, and vice versa.

High Moon Studios, who developed Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, is not developing Rise of the Dark Spark. Edge of Reality, who previously worked on the Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age: Origins, are developing Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark and the game will be available for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii U, and 3DS.

The 3DS version, according to the representative we spoke with, is not just a simple port and not being developed by Edge of Reality. It is another game entirely, a Strategy RPG being developed by Way Forward, who previously worked on Ducktales: Remastered among other titles.

While details are limited, it certainly seems Activision is ready to go all in with the Transformers property on both console and handheld."

And other info from another site

"Had a chance to talk with the game developers at ToyFair today about this game. Quite a revelation actually. Saw gameplay, high resolution image stills, chatted with the Activision team. The whole thing came as a very pleasant surprise to see similar continued use of some of the previous highly regarded video game designs. Rise of the Dark Spark has a story that incorporates War For/Fall of Cybertron and Movieverse... The game developer explained to me that it's not a Movie-based video game, but it incorporates many elements of it. Its story, "runs in parallel" to Age of Extinction.

As you can see, a portion of it takes place on Cybertron, a portion on Earth (with Age of Extinction characters.) We were told that they brought back the same star studded voice acting cast would be returning including Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime and Gregg Burger returns as AoE Grimlock (at least in the video game) a great sign!

He told us that the gameplay will be similar to that of Fall of Cybertron. Multi-player cooperative will be available, but not cooperative campaign. Things looked great. Stay tuned, more to come!"

Edited by Captain Marvelous, 16 February 2014 - 02:04 PM.

"Did you know that we're traveling this galaxy because we have pride? We will always fight it it's to protect that pride. Even if it means being called a pirate. Even if... the whole galaxy were our enemy!" - Captain Marvelous

#13 Azure-Edge

Azure-Edge

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • NNID:Azure-X

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Michael Bay? No thank you! 

pNgecl.gif

#14 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Btw,

It was confirmed today that that black and silver freight liner truck is galvatron.

Stoopid.

And the two headed flying creature is "strafe" (formerly swoop)

Not really a dinosaur...

And they changed all the Dinobots boots names except gridlock.

Changing slag (cool name-molten metal) to slug (dumb name. Shell-less snail). Just when you want to give bay the benefit of the doubt...

Sheesh. Talk about fixing something not broken...

Also... Possible backstory link connecting Dinobots on earth
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Skar_(Dynobot)

Since Megatron landed millions of years ago makes sense others could have. And they may have scanned Dinos to adapt.

#15 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

Don't the mods give out warning points for responses like oh I dont like this game i wont buy

#16 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:43 AM

Isn't the Cybertron canon the same as the Prime canon? Can't say I can see the story working out if they are. Looking forward to both WiiU and 3DS versions. A Transformers adventure/shooter and WayForward? Count me in.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

comming out for PS4, 360, wiiU and 3ds... Did they pull 4 console names out of hat to pick platforms? 

also for some reason they are making another transformers movie.

#18 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Isn't the Cybertron canon the same as the Prime canon? Can't say I can see the story working out if they are. Looking forward to both WiiU and 3DS versions. A Transformers adventure/shooter and WayForward? Count me in.

Not the cybertron animated series.

The games.

The war for and fall of gsmes are now official hasbro canon concerning transformer origins. Supers ending the Prime, Bear Wars, or Cybertron animated series'. It basically looks like Hasbro trying to just sell toys and get peoe moving in the Bsy direction.

Originally, the high moon genes established backstory that was then taken over by the G1 animated storyline. That was canon. Until this. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But since Bayformers basically tries to overwrite G1, it could just be a mess.

I'm betting the game will be great though.

Sad about grimlock being the movie version. Fall of felt retrain literally had you rooting for the character and his g1 design. And prime never looked better then his FOC game design.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!