28 replies to this topic

#21 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

Games Wii can play together (shows family playing party games)

Games U can play on your own (shows older man playing ZombiU on GamePad with kids in room, as well as other mature titles).

OMG wish I'd thought of that! That's genius right there, i'm kicking myself especially since I'm just uploading my final draft of the advert I made. You sir win Nintendo

EDIT: This is my minor tweaked version, share it if you like with people who say the Wii U doesn't have games :) 

Edited by Penguin101, 19 February 2014 - 03:55 AM.

#22 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:20 AM

Games U can play on your own (shows older man playing ZombiU on GamePad with kids in room, as well as other mature titles).

Why an older man? I think a guy in his late teen/early twenties would appeal more to the people actually gaming, it does depend on what you call an older man.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#23 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:21 AM

Why an older man? I think a guy in his late teen/early twenties would appeal more to the people actually gaming, it does depend on what you call an older man.

the-gospel-according-to-your-grandpa.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#24 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

But Grandpa Sherm...

If you re-record it yourself and slightly change the tempo you can get away with it. Have a few old CD's where they got away legally selling it in big box stores for using licensed music because it was a bit faster and recorded it themselves. Maybe they are wised up but not seen evidence of that. Also think it has to be up to 5 seconds or more of the song. If they use the methods already given and put it on a loop it's just 2 seconds 3 at most.

My guess is that's because that technically counts as a cover, and those are completely legal. There're also legal gray zones concerning what could be considered a cover what couldn't. Not sure about the legal technicalities of using a cover for an advert though.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#25 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:39 PM

I like it!  although i fear for the audience as there's still to many out there that haven't been informed that the U is seperate from the original Wii.  They might take it as a comparison of two consoles rather than showing the diversity of one.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#26 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

By that I meant like the father of the kids shown earlier.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#27 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:25 AM

It such a wdely demanded thing that Nintendo make some ads, I think they could do a small segment in the next Nintendo Direct promising ads and people wouldn't even complain, if not rejoice.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#28 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

By that I meant like the father of the kids shown earlier.

I got that but he wouldn't be the one really gaming. Besides does a dad gaming with his children in the room really reach the core gamers? Now you still have the same family friendly picture

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#29 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:27 AM

I got that but he wouldn't be the one really gaming. Besides does a dad gaming with his children in the room really reach the core gamers? Now you still have the same family friendly picture

Well if you want to get technical.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!