Photo

What will you be playing before Mario Kart 8?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

Donkey Kong

Eshop games

Virtual Console games

Still have to fully complete 3D World and Assassins Creed 4

#22 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Donkey Kong for sure.

#23 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Now that Tropical Freeze is out, there's gonna be another Wii U software drought (spare a few multiplats and eShop games) before Mario Kart 8 hits at the end of May. Between now and then, the only games releasing are Shovel Knight, NES Remix 2, Lego Hobbit, and some assorted eShop/Virtual Console games. So until MK8, what will you be playing? Going back through your backlog to finish or 100% some games, playing the few new titles that will be released, or will you not use your Wii U at all and just play on other consoles?

You seem to be assuming everyone here only owns a Wii U. There may not be much happening with the Wii U between now and the release of Mario Kart but there are a number of games coming out for the other consoles and personally owning also a PS4 and an Xbox One there will be more then enough for me to play, in fact probably more then I have time for.

#24 JOCx420

JOCx420

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • NNID:JOCx420

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

Did you read his whole post, because he asked if you'd be playing other consoles we're all very impressed you have all 3 ha...for me I have ac4 to finish w101, donkey kong, and a little bit of super luigi left..with some cod in between
SLUMERICAN MADE!! NNID: JOCx420

#25 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

I still need to finish ZombiU, have had loads of fun in the MP.  I just finished my second playthrough off Pikmin 3 and only got 1 platinum medal in mission mode so I got a long ways to go. I'm playing WWHD for the second time and on hero mode. I still have to get into CoD Ghosts online MP. I got to 100% Rayman Legends. The only games I haven't touched in a while are Sing Party, AC:III and the Batman games. Add to that I'm also playing NES Remix and Super Metroid.

I might not play every day but I games wise I'm no where near bored. That's the whole reason I skipped on buying 3D world & Tropical Freeze, I hope that by May I got some time on my hands to play MK8 and start a new backlog consisting of 3D World/DKC:TF, NES Remix 2, Batman: Blackgate

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#26 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

You seem to be assuming everyone here only owns a Wii U. There may not be much happening with the Wii U between now and the release of Mario Kart but there are a number of games coming out for the other consoles and personally owning also a PS4 and an Xbox One there will be more then enough for me to play, in fact probably more then I have time for.

I wasn't assuming everyone only owns a Wii U. I said in the first post that some people might not even use their Wii U and play on their other systems.

#27 Galacta Knight

Galacta Knight

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:Galactic_Knight

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

I'll probably be playing Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and NES Remix 2 before Mario Kart 8 releases. 

Nintendo Network ID: Galactic_Knight

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Did you read his whole post, because he asked if you'd be playing other consoles we're all very impressed you have all 3 ha...for me I have ac4 to finish w101, donkey kong, and a little bit of super luigi left..with some cod in between

First of all the OP doesn't need you to defend him. Secondly my response was to the thread title and not the post. Finally I couldn't careless whether you're impressed or not as I wasn't bragging, just pointing out the fact I'm fortunate to own all three so a games drought is highly unlikely as far as I'm concerned.

#29 JOCx420

JOCx420

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • NNID:JOCx420

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Yea it says what will you be playing before mk8, sorry I'm missing your point it says nothing about specifically playing the wii u...ok bud
SLUMERICAN MADE!! NNID: JOCx420

#30 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Simple, I won't be playing video games. There's nothing of interest for me, so I have other hobbies I can turn to. Isn't that just totally amazing? (No, not really. Surely we all do? Right?)

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#31 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:34 PM

Simple, I won't be playing video games. There's nothing of interest for me, so I have other hobbies I can turn to. Isn't that just totally amazing? (No, not really. Surely we all do? Right?)

Yeah we do. :) 

Is yours being negative, and condescending on the internet?

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#32 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

If I was intending to be condescending I would not have even included the part in paragraphs.

I'm just saying, there's nothing of interest me on the Wii U before Mario Kart 8, so I will find other things to do.

Edited by Envy, 24 February 2014 - 05:36 PM.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#33 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

You cold, brotha :P

#34 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

You cold, brotha :P

Hey, just calling it as I see it. :P

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#35 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

southpark, Eve, starcraft2, starcitizen alpha(if its out by then), splintercell chaos theory, teamfortress, any indies that look good between now and then. random games on sale from steam, occasinal games in my backlog(metroid triligy, super metroid, bunch of mario games, dolphin games, Legond of zelda, ect.)

#36 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Non Wii U games.

All depends on mood so grab something off the shelf at anytime. As of right now it's re-playing the Japanese Import copy of Dungeons & Dragons on PS3,EXTroopers,Dragon's Crown.

When it arrives in the mail be playing the Japan import copy of 2014 Strider and it includes Strider 1+2 PS1. Never played those versions so excited to play.  Been playing Bravely Default as well. Feels like a old school Final Fantasy. HOPE to play Treachery in Beatdown City soon. If I have some spare cash may snag Witch and the Hundred Knight.

#37 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

I have that backlog that I've been chipping awa at for months (get ready for the long list):

Splintercell Blacklist

Arkham Origins

It's taking me forever to finish  Origins cause I keep just runnin roun beatin up on dem tugs thinkin dey can be steppin out a line in my city.

I be like: 'Scuse me? You know who i am? I'm the hero dis city deserve.

don't act like you ain't heard the name Emmet.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!