Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Ok, most of you will find this funny (I know I would), I'm fuming.

Playing Dark Souls 2 on the PS3 with my PS4 controller, I leave my PS4 on as it's downloading updates.

Turns out the controller can control both at the same time.

So my inputs on Dark Souls buy me FIFA on PS4 (a game I already own) and British Cop skin pack (I don't even know what this is). Get an email on my tablet telling me so.

Ring psn and straight away the guy is just saying "terms of use", "no refunds" etc. £56.68.

Ask to speak to his superior and they won't come on the phone. He then tells me support staff have said it's not possible to control two devices at once. He doesn't seem to believe me.

Half of me wants to trade this in for an Xbox with Titanfall right now.

http://www.rllmukfor...es-im-that-man/

Fair, next. 

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:01 AM

Controlling both at once? Really Sony? They should give him a refund almost just based on the fact that its freaking stupid.

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

His fault. Why are they both pair at once?
The only way to use a ps4 controller on a ps3 is by plugging it up.

Next my stuff is setup to enter a password before checkout so idk what's up with his setup.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:42 AM

lol, how is it so out of spec with bluetooth that i can be paird and used by two consoles at the same time?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

I'm not surprised they didn't give refunds. There's no possible way to prove the guy's story.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#6 Happy Monk

Happy Monk

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • NNID:Happy_Monk
  • Fandom:
    Kirby + Dragonball mostly.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

Man, he's lucky to have that British Cops Skin Pack - that thing is glorious.

Bring the noise.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

I'm not surprised they didn't give refunds. There's no possible way to prove the guy's story.

yeah but if he calls straight away, why not just give the refund? It's not like he played through the whole game in 20 seconds and is now trying to rip you off. He most likely has a good reason for wanting a refund.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:26 PM

Yay! More PS4 hate for something that was completely unintentional in the first place!

*sigh*

Come on, the DS4 was never intended to be played on the PS3, it's just optional. On top of that, no digital providers give refunds.

794144.png?13383682

#9 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

yeah but if he calls straight away, why not just give the refund? It's not like he played through the whole game in 20 seconds and is now trying to rip you off. He most likely has a good reason for wanting a refund.

I could be wrong, but last I checked it's not like they can just delete the game from his everything.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#10 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:44 PM

I could be wrong, but last I checked it's not like they can just delete the game from his everything.

They can check the license that everyone gets when buying a game. To be honest it really seems like his fault and he does not want to take blame for it. 

#11 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

They can check the license that everyone gets when buying a game. To be honest it really seems like his fault and he does not want to take blame for it. 

It's his fault yeah, but it was definitely and honest (though expensive) mistake, and I don't see why he shouldn't be refunded for that if it's possible.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#12 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

Morale of the story, Sony should be more like Microsoft and become anti-gamer? Few examples would be no DS4 functionality on PS3 and charge £20 for the privilege of using 3rd party headsets etc. No thanks.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

They didnt refund him because its a digital download. Once you hit that button and start downloading thats it.

Its like eating a slice of pizza then trying to return the whole thing. It just doesnt work like that.

xile06 "N" ID

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 15 March 2014 - 03:26 PM

They didnt refund him because its a digital download. Once you hit that button and start downloading thats it.

Its like eating a slice of pizza then trying to return the whole thing. It just doesnt work like that.

But then they should just have told him that, I think he would have understood. It sound like they were treating him like someone trying to steal from them.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

But then they should just have told him that, I think he would have understood. It sound like they were treating him like someone trying to steal from them.

Yes most customer service is pure crap.

I remember calling in a few times about my att internet bill. And just getting crap in return. They know nothing or act like im dumb when its all there fault.

Also call into sony once because a game i paid for wouldnt install. They where crap and told me i had to send the system in and they would fix it for $75 then he comes back and said there do it for free since my warranty just expired 2wks ago.

turn out i just deleted the user and remade it and all works fine.

Nintendo is the only one i know of that does good.

xile06 "N" ID

#16 DexterousGecko

DexterousGecko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 652 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, that story is a bit odd. He just happened to buy two separate items while he was playing dark souls 2? Seems a little weird.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:42 PM

I'm more interested in how the DS4 managed to be connected to both systems at the same time. Was that a bug in the proprietary communications protocol or was it physically plugged into the PS3 to charge?

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

The Dualshock 4 can only connect to the PS3 via charge cable. It doesn't actually pair with the system through bluetooth. It would still have been paired with the PS4 and working input on both.

What this guy did was silly. The DS4 doesn't completely replicate all of the PS3's controller functions. The Touchpad, the Share Button and the Home button do not work as the Select or Home buttons of the PS3. That said, why not just use the DS3 and be wireless in the first place?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

http://www.rllmukfor...es-im-that-man/

Fair, next.

I find it funny, however like he is, I'd be pissed. Maybe I should support Xbox One next year and say screw you Sony!

^_^

Exactly. Working in customer service, I'm much more willing to help a customer who reports a problem right away then people who goes years and then report the problem.

Apple and ATT give credits for unauthorized purchases all the time. In fact, I had that happen and they credited me. I still had that game on my iPad.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#20 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

Do any other game services offer refunds for digital download purchases?  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!