PlayStation Vita to compete with Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 05:28 PM

this article is claiming the ps vita is more powerful than Wii U. cant believe what i just read

http://www.google.co...0QrSdFgVpEFcJZA

#2 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

I think that's not what they were trying to mean. I think they were going instead in trying to say that the Vita+PS3 will be more pwerful then PS3. Which is still wrong, but eh, I'll let it slide.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#3 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 25 November 2011 - 06:49 PM

I think that's not what they were trying to mean. I think they were going instead in trying to say that the Vita+PS3 will be more pwerful then PS3. Which is still wrong, but eh, I'll let it slide.

Actually, they directly stated that the PS3-Vita will triumph over Nintendo because the Vita is more powerful, right after talking about how the pair is competing against the Wii U. After reading one other article, it's clear that this is a Sony-Fanboy site (Probably written by sony employees), so I don't really care too much.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#4 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

yeah it caught me off guard... i was like did they really just say that? at this point im just ready for new info on Wii-U to surface.

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:43 PM

Looks like baseless speculation to me. The only fact in that article is that the PSV will be able to stream PS3 games to its screen, very much like the Wii U controller (albeit on a smaller screen - the Wii U controller, not designed to be portable, is much larger). That the PSV is more powerful than the Wii U is impossible, considering that the PS3 is more powerful than the PSV and the Wii U is more powerful than a PS3.

Really, don't pay too much attention to this one.

(also, changed the topic title to something more descriptive)

#6 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:47 PM

This article messed with my brain a little bit. But I did see a grammar error in it so the whole article is automatically invalid.

But more seriously, It would be interesting to see how using the Vita in this way would compare to the Wii U's controller.

PS. Any grammatirical and/or spelling errors that I make is totally awsometastic and therefore do not make me post's invalidated.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#7 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:05 AM

lol, I left a comment under "MANGO!"

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#8 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:58 PM

Well, no. It won't.

PS3 - $250
Vita - $250
Final tally - $500.

Wii U - $350 (at estimate)

So... I think the Wii U is fine. ;)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#9 Robotic Sunshine Commander

Robotic Sunshine Commander

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

The wiiU will be way better than having to buy a vita and a ps3. Whos really going to want to pay for all that with new consoles coming around? Plus the experience won't be the same and neither will the games. the wiiu wasnt made to be portable but it will be more powerful than the vita in almost all areas. i like sony but this is just funny to think it could beat the whole wii u system which most devs are saying it will be almost as powerful as pc and 60% more powerful than ps3 which was the most powerful console this generation

Signature_Fox.png

#10 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:46 PM

Not even the combination of power between the Vita and the PS3 is enough to be able to out-power the Wii U.
Let's not forget that the Wii U is at least 3 times as strong as the PS3.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

I don't think the Vita will compete with the Wii U. I guess some people that already have a PS3 might just get a Vita instead, but they'll be very different experiences.

Not even the combination of power between the Vita and the PS3 is enough to be able to out-power the Wii U.
Let's not forget that the Wii U is at least 3 times as strong as the PS3.

Lolno, we know practically nothing about the Wii U's power yet, why would you assume that?

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:22 PM

Lolno, we know practically nothing about the Wii U's power yet, why would you assume that?

Maybe because developers have been saying so for the past few months? Does that sound like a good reason to come to that conclusion?

OT: Looking at the (non-existent) success of past Console-Handheld team-ups, I don't see this happening.
Posted Image

#13 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

Maybe because developers have been saying so for the past few months? Does that sound like a good reason to come to that conclusion?

OT: Looking at the (non-existent) success of past Console-Handheld team-ups, I don't see this happening.

I don't know of any developer claiming that the Wii U will be 3 times as powerful as the PS3.

#14 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 26 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

We've been through this many times before...

If you disagree that 3x is a reasonable estimate, then you have no understanding of Moore's law and severely underestimate how much more power is required to render higher resolutions and more polygons.

3x is not only reasonable, but on the lower-mid end of reasonable. Nintendo isn't about to use the 2005 stuff the PS3 has, after all.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#15 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

I don't think the Vita will compete with the Wii U. I guess some people that already have a PS3 might just get a Vita instead, but they'll be very different experiences.

The rumors point to at least that, though. It could also very well be 5 times PS3 and it would be nothing surprising.
Also, there's way less chances of it being as strong as PS3 than there is of it being 3 times as strong.

Edited by waller, 26 November 2011 - 07:07 PM.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#16 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 26 November 2011 - 07:07 PM

I don't know of any developer claiming that the Wii U will be 3 times as powerful as the PS3.

Ummmm.... EA? Ever heard of them? They said that they estimate the current kit they're working with to be 3-5 times more powerful.
Posted Image

#17 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 26 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ummmm.... EA? Ever heard of them? They said that they estimate the current kit they're working with to be 3-5 times more powerful.

Don't forget to mention that they're using underclocked kits...

http://www.industryg...ocked---report/
http://www.destructo...ed-203903.phtml
http://kotaku.com/58...-wii-u-hardware
http://wiiugo.com/wi...rclocked-units/
http://gonintendo.com/?p=160906

Just wanted to give a few links so that nobody could claim it's just one website spouting nonsense. ;)

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#18 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

I don't care what they say. Even if it were true then I would get the Wii U anyways just because it is Nintendo not because it is superior. And besides, how would they know how powerful the Wii U is in the first place! That is insane! No one knows how powerfull it truly is other than Nintendo! So why would they just assume that? They are just afraid! Also take a good look at what Peeter More says! He knows Sony well and worked for them! He himself said that it was 3-5 times more powefull. After that take a look at what Nintendo said. They said that they have only shown 10% of it's power so multiply 4 by 9 to get how much more powerful the Wii U is.

Edited by nl010203, 27 November 2011 - 02:18 PM.

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#19 Guest_TRON_*

Guest_TRON_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

I don't care what they say. Even if it were true then I would get the Wii U anyways just because it is Nintendo not because it is superior. And besides, how would they know how powerful the Wii U is in the first place! That is insane! No one knows how powerfull it truly is other than Nintendo! So why would they just assume that? They are just afraid! Also take a good look at what Peeter More says! He knows Sony well and worked for them! He himself said that it was 3-5 times more powefull. After that take a look at what Nintendo said. They said that they have only shown 10% of it's power so multiply 4 by 9 to get how much more powerful the Wii U is.

Actually the quote was from reggie and he said they only showed off 10% of what the controller can do

ive heard this console can pump out pc level graphics im not too worried but we all have to wait until nintendo releases more info.

#20 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

This article messed with my brain a little bit. But I did see a grammar error in it so the whole article is automatically invalid.

But more seriously, It would be interesting to see how using the Vita in this way would compare to the Wii U's controller.

PS. Any grammatirical and/or spelling errors that I make is totally awsometastic and therefore do not make me post's invalidated.

Awkward...
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!