Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:42 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...zelda-crossover

g7ADkm5.jpg

Playground arguments over the quality of Nintendo versus Sega games happened all the time in the late ‘80s and ‘90s. But did hardcore fans ever expect to drop the old rivalry and watch these two Japanese game companies create games together? Probably not, but it eventually happened. Friendly faire like Mario & Sonic at the Olympics poke fun at that relationship, but Sega has taken the next step and inserted another important Nintendo franchise into its latest update for Sonic Lost World. In it, players can take the blue hero for a spin through The Legend of Zelda Zone -- a free stage that will be available for download through the Wii U eShop on March 27, 2014.

eEG8Ies.png

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...zelda-crossover

g7ADkm5.jpg

Playground arguments over the quality of Nintendo versus Sega games happened all the time in the late ‘80s and ‘90s. But did hardcore fans ever expect to drop the old rivalry and watch these two Japanese game companies create games together? Probably not, but it eventually happened. Friendly faire like Mario & Sonic at the Olympics poke fun at that relationship, but Sega has taken the next step and inserted another important Nintendo franchise into its latest update for Sonic Lost World. In it, players can take the blue hero for a spin through The Legend of Zelda Zone -- a free stage that will be available for download through the Wii U eShop on March 27, 2014.

Yay it is here! thanks for posting. The Yoshi stage was nice.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 Chaotix

Chaotix

Team Nerd

• Section Mods
  • 728 posts
  • NNID:Chaot1x
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

ck7w0bkbtawj62mojtqk.gif

eEG8Ies.png

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:38 AM

Cute, Fun, Free.. DLC

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

This looks gorgeous.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

zdlc03051395789312jpg-0a58b4.jpg

zdlc03121395789313jpg-e31e44.jpg

zdlc03011395789310jpg-0a58bc.jpg

zdlc03111395789313jpg-0a58bd.jpg

Dev commentary

#7 BKSmash

BKSmash

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Greatest Of The Greatest

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Mother of god... THIS LOOKS AMAZING !!!!!

#8 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Man SEGA and and Nintendo nailing the whole DLC thing. Loved the Yoshi one. Now lets see a Metroid one.

#9 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

It's live in eShop. 71.1 mb , requires patching of game too.

#10 itsdavebaby

itsdavebaby

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Futurama

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

DLC done the right way!

#11 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Can someone give me quick review/impressions of lost world? I am thinking of dowloading it this weekend... should I?

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

Can someone give me quick review/impressions of lost world? I am thinking of dowloading it this weekend... should I?

Well it's free not like it's a spending decision.

Like the Yoshi one it's brief but fun. First area you can openly explore. it's small but interesting. Then you go into the dungeon and it's like a tunnel level. Tho instead of boulders it's Gorons. You unlock a couple chests for hearts. Brief but fun. Free as well.

#13 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

This is what DLC should be about, not '2 new maps for your fps for $30' or any shat like that.

It looks amazing, and free none the less. I really hope this could be Zelda U's style with a little more detail on like the gorons and such.

Stupid Snowmads!

#14 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:43 PM

Well it's free not like it's a spending decision.

Like the Yoshi one it's brief but fun. First area you can openly explore. it's small but interesting. Then you go into the dungeon and it's like a tunnel level. Tho instead of boulders it's Gorons. You unlock a couple chests for hearts. Brief but fun. Free as well.

my apology I did not specify what I meant. I mean the original game sonic lost world. I am think of downloading the game I played the demo but couldnt get a good feel.

#15 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

my apology I did not specify what I meant. I mean the original game sonic lost world. I am think of downloading the game I played the demo but couldnt get a good feel.

You have to think of the game not like past 3D sonic games where it's about boosting and speed. You have to think of the game like a 3D Sonic Genesis game. If you took the 2D view and then moved it to something like Crash Bandicoot point of view. Also like the Genesis games instead of giving you speed it gives you obstacles and alternate paths to take. Keep up your good momentum and rewarded with more speed. Same how the Genesis games were played. So it's different than past 3D sonic games but maybe the most pure one yet.

Game is amazing and many people just don't get it.

#16 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

You have to think of the game not like past 3D sonic games where it's about boosting and speed. You have to think of the game like a 3D Sonic Genesis game. If you took the 2D view and then moved it to something like Crash Bandicoot point of view. Also like the Genesis games instead of giving you speed it gives you obstacles and alternate paths to take. Keep up your good momentum and rewarded with more speed. Same how the Genesis games were played. So it's different than past 3D sonic games but maybe the most pure one yet.

Game is amazing and many people just don't get it.

ok well then I will support Sega at least they are trying and doing more than other 3rd parties.

#17 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

32 hours remaining until Sonic Lost World is downloaded. I hate the internet here.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#18 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

ok well then I will support Sega at least they are trying and doing more than other 3rd parties.

I think it's too late to really make a impact, this game bombed and their not renewing the contract. I think Nintendo just buying Sega would be best, exclusives for other consoles have been laughable (Sonic '06). I still need to pick it up, I know what your talking about this the genisis games, but theirs just something about this and colors that look really good, but hard to get in to.

Stupid Snowmads!

#19 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Has the 3DS version got any DLC? I've been wanting to get it. I'd get this one too for sure if I had a Wii U.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:29 AM

I think it's too late to really make a impact, this game bombed and their not renewing the contract. I think Nintendo just buying Sega would be best, exclusives for other consoles have been laughable (Sonic '06). I still need to pick it up, I know what your talking about this the genisis games, but theirs just something about this and colors that look really good, but hard to get in to.

did it bomb? they said between the two platforms 600,00 sold as of a couple months ago. I know that is not big numbers for a mascot liek sonic but 600,000k is better than 100,000k. I just have never been a sonic fan so I was hesitant to buy lost worlds. I think I will buy it now and sonic boom also when it is released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!