Photo

Do you prefer digital games or disk?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Just asking about your Wii u, not any other consoles (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Are your games currently digital or disk?

1. All disk games, no downloads (3 votes [8.11%])

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

2. All disk games except for the original bundled game[s] (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

3. All disk games except for download only games (9 votes [24.32%])

Percentage of vote: 24.32%

4. Mostly disk but some downloaded games (11 votes [29.73%])

Percentage of vote: 29.73%

5. Both disk and download games (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

6. Mostly download but some disk games (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

7. All download except for some disk-only games (1 votes [2.70%])

Percentage of vote: 2.70%

8. All download (2 votes [5.41%])

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

Do you prefer digital or download games

1. I don't care (4 votes [10.81%])

Percentage of vote: 10.81%

2. I only want disk (6 votes [16.22%])

Percentage of vote: 16.22%

3. I perfer disk, but I'll chose download when needed (16 votes [43.24%])

Percentage of vote: 43.24%

4. I prefer download, but I'll buy the disk when needed (7 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

5. I only want download (2 votes [5.41%])

6. I'd prefer download, but I'm not happy with Nintendo's current download license management policy. (2 votes [5.41%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:48 AM

I just want to see what everyone's status is.

Me personally? I want my entire collection to be digital. I've never had a console fail on me so I'm not worried about that.

However I didn't buy Nintendoland while it was available from the eShop and so I'm stuck with the disk version, that being my ONLY Wii U disk. I know that some consoles came with a download code for Nintendoland and I'd happily pay the retail price for the game, but I have not found anyone that didn't use that code nd is willing to sell it.

Edited by grahamf, 10 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:56 AM

I don't mind digital but love box art and having physical media on display. I love the feel of the rounded wii u game discs.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

Well, I still go with disks because my internet isn't the best in terms of download speeds. Titanfall took me 5 hours to download.

Disks for life. Put them on my shelf, love displaying the cases.

#4 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:04 AM

I love having download-only games so I don't have to lose the disk, case or whatever.

I also love not having shelves that take up my precious space.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#5 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:15 AM

I prefer disk, eventhough I always complain about having not enough space I can't bear with downloads. I don't mind them for NES Remix and stuff but if I can have it on disk I'll go disk.

It also doesn't hurt when I want to sell them or the console breaks.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#6 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I prefer disk except in cases where I know I'm gonna play a game a lot.  Now that I think about it, I might download Smash Bros so I don't have to worry about the disk in any way for both versions.

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

PRO DOWNLOAD
- fast acces
- no risk for scratches
- mostly for kids games, so they don't have to swap discs

PRO DISC
- better deals
- when download is to big
- can loan the disc to my brothers

The situation with Nintendo shutting down the Wii servers made me doubt though. When the WiiU goes to the basement, just as my nes, snes and all other Nintendo consoles, I doubt my harddisk with WiiU games will be as time resistent as Nintendo's hardware. When I want to startup the WiiU in 2020, there's no way to redownload my bought games....

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

POPULAR

Nintendo needs to allow people who purchased the physical media, to get a digital copy on their registered system.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#9 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

Nintendo needs to allow people who purchased the physical media, to get a digital copy on their registered system.

Never thought of that but would be great. One question though, what keeps you from reselling the disc after you download the game? I do believe I did the same thing with Diablo 3 for Mac, they tight it up to my account. I never use the disc. The problem with that is when they shut down their server, my account will fail to validate

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

I'd get digital is they were cheaper.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

I prefer disc, I love looking at the collection, and the disk feel so nice. I could see benefits with downloads though, faster load times, convenience, space. And the Digital promotion program, though I never really did that (shame). 

So I do disc for main games, and download the download only games. Thinking about doing stuff like Game & Wario, DuckTales Remastered, NSLU as downloads to.

Stupid Snowmads!

#12 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

Never digital unless its the only means of obtaining something.

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

I decided to go all digital with my 3DS and enjoyed the convenience of it so much that I decided to try the same with Wii U.  I love not having to swap discs and the space I save by not having a bunch of boxes.  It also makes it possible to take my entire 3DS collection on the go without needing a huge case for all the cartridges, and since we're about to move it'll make that easier, too.  

The ability to resell games is nice but I realized I personally tend to hold on to all my Nintendo games.  I will consider discs for games I'm sure I won't want to keep longterm.  Also I think seeing a big collection of games is cool but I value the space more, and I think seeing my home screen full of a bunch of games looks good, too.  

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#14 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:26 PM

Since I collect I prefer disc and even if it costs double I will get physical. I do buy some digital. However like when we get digital only of a game in the US but has aphysical in Japan like on PS3. I will always get that Japan copy.

I worry that when servives shut down and unable to get a game back or play again how wil I relive memories many years from now. Esp the super obscure games I love. I will always prefer physicalk and get it when I can. As for full on retail games. I never buy digital on those for full priced games. Esp since one of the best smells ever is new game smell.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

hard copies all the way.

I dont like downloads because if something goes wrong your screw or have to redownload a big files. (ps4 games are 30-50gb)

Also you cant trade, sell  or give away a digital download.

So i stick to hard copies because it gives me a better feel that the game is mines. I can take it where i want. Play it where i want. And do what i want with it..

It does suck when they make a game that is download only tho.

youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 Merky Water

Merky Water

Motion Shooter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Contra, Mario Kart

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I used to be disc all the way.  How convenient my Steam library has proven has began selling me on digital though.  In case of the U, initially, I had a fear of digital with hearing rumors of my digital purchases being locked to my U but, since learning otherwise and with the Digital Deluxe Promotion still ongoing, digital sounds right for me.

Note about me: Over 30 years, I have maybe sold 2 of my games so going physical for resale isn't truly something I need to worry about.  I used to display my collection proudly.  But the man cave is getting rather cluttered.  And any who are over and care what games I have now will be slightly more satisfied playing them with me at quick click rather than just looking on them in awe.  I realize this is not everyone's current experience.  Glad one or the other's not being forced upon any of us on most games.

Merky-Banner_zpsfd81fed3.png

#17 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

digital all the way... not having to change a game disc is worth it for me... also the nintendo deluxe digital program is cool as I am basically paying myself.

#18 Mahmoodinho98

Mahmoodinho98

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Nintendo,Arsenal and Merrikh

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

I prefer digital so that i wont import games  (sorry for my english)

#19 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

I've decided to go digital for any Wii U Nintendo exclusives.  This puts more money in their pockets, and since I usually hold onto their games so long that they either become less than $5 on trade-in, it makes sense to let the developers and Nintendo get a little more out of their hard work.  :)

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

Disc/Flashcart

I live in Australia where I simply have the luxury of downloading all my games on top of all the other stuff I use the internet for (anime, work, study, YouTube etc.) Games are getting ridiculously huge vs my download capability. Physical it is.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!