Photo

Which multiplats do you think have their definitive release on Wii U?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:01 PM

My friend has Lego Batman 2 for his PS3, and I thought it looked fun so I bought it for my Wii U since it was only $20. I've had a lot of fun with it, but I've noticed  major difference: The Wii U version makes full use of the Gamepad.

In the overworld it shows a map that admittedly is pretty blank at first, but as soon as you activate "remote-tie-ins" (Have a red light shooting into the sky) the map sows EVERYTHING, such as all unlockables and tasks. The PS3 version how you the same thing when you use a tie-in, but it's not a active map that constantly shows everything around you at all times. you do have the option of using a marker that makes a red-blue blinking light beam show up at the item you selected which helps a bit, but it's a bit of a hassle to use as you need to go to a tie-in to move or clear the marker. On the Wii u you can just tap an item on the active map and there's a clear button right there also.

In stories it shows a quick-select that lets you switch to any available character with a quick tap. In free-play mode it shows the entire list of characters so you can instantly switch to anyone you have unlocked.

As for two-player mode, it has a third video mode (besides split-screen and the confusing dynamic mode) where the second player gets the big tv and the gamepad user can use the gamepad, so each user have a screen all to himself. And while most triggered events still play on both screens, users can access the character select screen without it interfering with the other user. We've used it a lot where the two player can be doing completely different tasks that would otherwise distract each other.

And overall the game loads much much faster. On the PS3 it only keeps the quick select characters in memory, and loading any of the unlocked character causes you to be stuck for up to twenty seconds. And going through the overworld if you travel too quickly things don't have enough time to pop into existence, and can take up to twenty seconds again. On the Wii u version loading times are minimal pretty much everywhere, with characters never taking more than a couple seconds, and even the stage loading time is significantly reduced. I did have a few cases where I place a marker on something and when I fly there nothing shows up, but they may need to be triggered or I could've just been playing too long. The loading times of the exclusive Lego City are no where close to being comparable. Considering it launched on the Wii U two months after LegoCity, they used what they learned to better optimize the game. Not sure why The Lego Movie Videogame has such bad loading times though...

Despite not using the gamepad to the extent of Lego City (and for some reason not supporting the Pro controller), this is a fun game and ranks as one of the very best Lego games I've played if not THE best. And for only $20 on the eShop I think it's a good price.

Edited by grahamf, 11 April 2014 - 04:04 PM.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:13 PM

Rayman Legends | Need For Speed: Most Wanted U | I heard good things about Batman: Arkham City and Splinter Cell: Blacklist | I hope Watch_dogs is | Then probably some more like the Ninja Gaiden 3: Razrs Edge.

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

Ninja Gaiden Razers Edge

Need For Speed

Dues EX

Tekken Tag 2

Sonic Lost World(also on 3DS)

WWHD(also on Gamecube)

Rayman Legends

#4 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

LEGO marvel does the same thing, right down to the off screen co op; but man is it laggy.

LEGO City Undercover uses the gamepad alot.

794144.png?13383682

#5 CaiserZero

CaiserZero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Mother

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

Rayman Legends | Need For Speed: Most Wanted U | I heard good things about Batman: Arkham City and Splinter Cell: Blacklist | I hope Watch_dogs is | Then probably some more like the Ninja Gaiden 3: Razrs Edge.

I'm not sure it will. It wasn't even suppose to come out for the system until Ubi's Russian Team decided to pursue it further. Would be a nice trade off for all the time Wii U buyers will have to wait for it though :c

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!