Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

I was surprised by the serious lack of Star Wars threads on here (plus I was bored) so I decided to make this official thread where everyone can post news/rumours/thoughts/feelings etc. relating to the new Star Wars films.

So in case anyone hasn't been following, here is what we know so far:

• Episode VII will take place 30 years after Return of the Jedi
  • JJ Abrams, director of Star Trek, creator of Lost, and life-long Star Wars fan will be directing and co-writing 
  • Other writing credits include Lucasfilm veteran Lawrence Kasdan. Toy Story 3 writer Michael Arndt was originally attached to the screenplay but Abrams and Kasdan took over.
  • As well as a new trilogy, spin-off/standalone films have also been confirmed to be in development
  • The original cast of Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Peter Mayhew have all been confirmed for episode VII
  • New cast members include: Adam Driver, John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max Von Sydow.
  • Legendary composer John Williams is confirmed to be back to write the score for the new film
  • Filming has now begun and is currently taking place in Abu Dhabi. Filming will also take place at Pinewood Studios in London.

Some behind-the-scenes photos:

first-on-set-image-arrives-from-star-war

3a472c16addfb1e31ef315b6932dc74c-640x360

Star-Wars-7-clapperboardjpeg.jpg

First read-through with the confirmed cast:

30-1n-starwarsforwebgjghjg.jpg

The production team at work:

star-wars-episode-vii-official-productio

First look at Chewbacca:

star-wars-episode-vii-chewbacca.jpg

A special message from JJ Abrams on-set in Abu Dhabi:

So who else is unbelievably excited for this film? I will admit, I was quite skeptical when it it was first announced but every announcement since has made me more and more excited. From the director announcement, to the original cast returning, and now we see in the video above that a real puppet is being used. None of this fake CGI crap that plagued the prequels, a real creature shop looking puppet. It actually reminds me of Labyrinth.

To me, it looks like Disney are doing this right. It looks like they are really listening to the fans, which is something Lucas never did. If the rumours of a blu-ray re-release of the original trilogy, unedited, without Lucas' meddling are true then I will know for certain that Disney are listening to the fans. 

Edited by Hunter, 06 June 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

This movie better be good.

#3 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

I really want this movie to be good

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

I'm a big Star Trek fan since the 80's. Now his reboots were good but he obviously went for more action than the dipper philosophy and themes Star Trek was known for. Many trek fans despise him. Me don't consider them the same universe but a different one and for that they were very fresh and entertaining. I enjoy them a lot. Going on those films I think his style is perect for Star Wars. I think he should do a fine job. He likes things on a big scale and that's what Star Wars has been missing since the originals coming from a casual viewer.

Also a lot of this.

ikDQeMrwZp0fy.jpg

#5 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:20 PM

Huge StarWars fan over here, and I think it's gonna be great. Not a fan of retconning the EU, but it's for the best. I'm really hoping JJ Abrams will continue the themes and the saga. The redemption story, the climactic and awesome battles, the journey, and the overall themes from the OT, TCW, and the best parts of RotS must return.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#6 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

Cast Announcement

Lupita Nyong'o from 12 Years a Slave and Gwendoline Christie from Game of Thrones have been confirmed for roles in the new film.

http://metro.co.uk/2...y-play-4750096/

Also:

A note from JJ on what appears to be the Dejarik table in the Millennium Falcon

millenium-falcon-star-wars-episode-vii.j

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Harrison Ford has broken his ankle on the set of Star Wars Episode VII

The injury is said to have been caused by the door of the Millennium Falcon, with THR reporting a clarifying statement from Disney:

"Harrison Ford sustained an ankle injury during filming today on the set ofStar Wars: Episode VII," reads the official announcement. "He was taken to a local hospital and is receiving care." The studio also went on to confirm that, "shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates," which hopefully won't take too long.

http://www.totalfilm...ars-episode-vii

Also here's some more leaked set photos:

MF1.png

355101799_640.jpg

millennium-falcon.jpg

leaked-star-wars-vii-photo-from-tmz.jpg

Star-Wars-Episode-7-i.png

x-wing.jpg

Edited by Hunter, 13 June 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

No green screens? Actual Props ans huge sets? As a non SW fan color me interested.

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

No green screens? Actual Props ans huge sets? As a non SW fan color me interested.

Yup, they said from the beginning that they would be limiting cgi

The next Star Wars film will eschew CGI in favour of real locations and models wherever possible, according to Kathleen Kennedy, the film executive in charge of the sci-fi adventure.

The LucasFilm boss made the comments at a Star Wars convention, where she also revealed that composer John Williams would return for the upcoming JJ Abrams-directed Episode VII.

"The conversation we're having all the time now about Episode VII is how much CGI," Kennedy told fans at the Star Wars Celebration Europe convention in Essen, Germany. "We're looking at what the early Star Wars films did; they used real locations with special effects. So [for Episode VII] we're going to find some very cool locations, [and] we're going to end up using every single tool in the toolbox."

Kennedy revealed that the DIY approach adopted by Star Wars fans when designing home-made costumes helped inspire the move. "I was amazed yesterday, looking at what the fans are doing," she said. "Using model makers, using real droids, taking advantage of the artwork that you can touch and feel – we want to do that in combination with CG effects."

http://www.theguardi...episode-vii-cgi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!