YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Game looks absolutely abysmal.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

werehog sections: the game

#3 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Gross.

#4 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Reminds me of that DBZ rpg game, ways back in the day.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

misleading title

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

This is going to be a great game! I can't wait to play it on my Wii U that I own! I love Sonic games where they change what Sonic and the rest of the characters should look like! It's great! The gameplay looks phenominal (did I spell that right?) I'm going to buy this game day one because I have a Wii U and even if I didn't I would buy one just for this game! Hahahahahaahahahhahhahahaahhahahahahhahhahaa.... fml...

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Considering it's not supposed to be a traditional Sonic game I am giving it a chance. Visually the game looks bad and not talking designs.

Sonic Team has a traditional Sonic in the works. It's popular to rainbow on Sonic despite the last 3 games been great. I think I have to look at this game not as Sonic Team Sonic but more SATAM the game because it kinda is being tied with a new TV show.

So color me interested but at a distance.

#8 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

was it just me, or was the camera incredibly jittery (namely in fast sonic sections)

wa3Nq7j.png

#9 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Uh. Is this like a tech demo... Or somethinggggg? I don't care for Sonic anyway, but this looks kinda broken...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#10 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Oh lawd dat camera.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#11 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

- Graphics that look like a possibly 2008 wii game

- Camera looks like a broken mess

- Why would they slow the gameplay? The slow parts are just about the downside of every sonic game.

- Seriously, I can't get over how bad this game looks compared to Mario Kart 8, heck, even Sonic Lost World.

- Combat looks like the most frustrating and repetetive thing in history

- Relies on that grapple thing too much.

I'm placing bets on this ending up as the finished product, this is a sad day for sega, but hell, don't give your IP's to a developer who has never made a game (Not counting the guy who made crash/jack whatever).

RINGS! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

794144.png?13383682

#12 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

- Graphics that look like a possibly 2008 wii game

- Camera looks like a broken mess

- Why would they slow the gameplay? The slow parts are just about the downside of every sonic game.

- Seriously, I can't get over how bad this game looks compared to Mario Kart 8, heck, even Sonic Lost World.

- Combat looks like the most frustrating and repetetive thing in history

- Relies on that grapple thing too much.

I'm placing bets on this ending up as the finished product, this is a sad day for sega, but hell, don't give your IP's to a developer who has never made a game (Not counting the guy who made crash/jack whatever).

RINGS! OMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Well first-time developers are cheaper then seasoned ones. 

I'm offended.

WHY? You're a very beautiful chicken.  :ph34r:

Edited by BASEDGOD Pachter, 08 June 2014 - 09:09 PM.

#13 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

Well, I'm still willing to give this game a chance, because it isn't SEGA.  But I want to see footage of a more final product (without the screwy camera) and with someone who can actually play the damn game (developers are amazing at their own games, the current player was not amazing in any way).

#14 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well first-time developers are cheaper then seasoned ones. 

But sega isn't doing anything, I can't find any games they're currently developing. Unless they're secretly making next gen sonic, I guess.

794144.png?13383682

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

It's not out until November, lets just give it a chance and hope that the final product is more polished than this. 

From some of the responses here, I'm guessing the argument "nintendo gamers don't care about graphics" was just used to defend the Wii. Now that Nintendo have an HD console graphics are suddenly very important to Nintendo gamers again.

Also I think the thread title should be changed because it's misleading and is just used to take the piss out of the game.

#16 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:32 PM

It's not out until November, lets just give it a chance and hope that the final product is more polished than this. 

From some of the responses here, I'm guessing the argument "nintendo gamers don't care about graphics" was just used to defend the Wii. Now that Nintendo have an HD console graphics are suddenly very important to Nintendo gamers again.

Also I think the thread title should be changed because it's misleading and is just used to take the piss out of the game.

I feel like graphics should be payed as much attention to as the story, sound and gameplay. It's just something that makes part of the whole experience, personally.

Also, wii u clearly has some power to it. MK8 looks amazing and runs at 60fps, and that's with tons of action to top off.

794144.png?13383682

#17 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:33 PM

I'm honestly not seeing the big issue here.

-The game does look somewhat meh but that could be due to whatever they recorded with (a potato?) and that the video is in 360p, makes stuff like crap huh?
- First time devs? Who? Big Button? New company but it has people from Naughty Dog / Heavy Iron, ect.

- May just be me, but I didn't have too much issues with the camera, maybe I'll change my mind when I play it.
- The grapple is used a lot...
- I don't mind the design changes, I like it, never noticed sonic was never all blue, knuckles legs bother me, but I like it. 

I'm getting kinda a Sonic Adventure Battle 2 / Loony Toons: Back in Action feel. I like it, prefer it over the recent sonic titles since the Wii forward. 

Stupid Snowmads!

#18 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Come on, they probable got pushed to have somethig to show at E3 so ofcourse it isn't going to be the prettiest.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#19 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

CryEngine 3, everybody!

Oii4rMf.png

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#20 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

CryEngine 3, everybody!
Oii4rMf.png

A waste. I think they used it as a bait like oh we have this powerful engine running on WiiU the first game to do so. I always found it off that they needed cryengine for this game. Sad waste and shows nothing of what WiiU can do only that yes it can indeed run the engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!