9 replies to this topic

#1 jefflemon

jefflemon

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:32 AM

Hi,

I just bought a wii u (mario kart 8 bundle) and I unboxed it.

There was no sticker seal on the box - is this normal?

Also a small piece of plastic had come out of the main unit, inside was a watch battery, I put it back in and screwed the screw back in. Should I be worried about this or do you just think the screw was lose so it came out?

Edited by jefflemon, 10 June 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#2 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:37 AM

Hi,

Also a small piece of plastic had come out of the main unit, inside was a watch battery, I put it back in and screwed the screw back in. Should I be worried about this or do you just think the screw was lose so it came out?

Shouldn't be worried about that battery. It just keeps the time when the Wii U is unplugged, plus a few smaller things.

Also, I don't think my console had a sticker seal on the box either...

I'd say you're fine.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#3 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:57 AM

Hi,

Well my Wii U should also arrive today so I'll tell you what it looks like...maybe...if I remember...also parts falling out does not seem normal to me so maybe you should call nintendo(or maybe not since re-screwing it where it goes might count as trying to fix it yourself and void your warranty.)

Edited by Gimbal, 10 June 2014 - 03:58 AM.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#4 jefflemon

jefflemon

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:17 AM

Thanks, well the screw had just come out so I presume that's all that was wrong with it. I have screwed it back in firm, you can't even tell it came out. I have yet to turn it on so I guess the real test will be if the system clock stays set between power downs - correct?

#5 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thanks, well the screw had just come out so I presume that's all that was wrong with it. I have screwed it back in firm, you can't even tell it came out. I have yet to turn it on so I guess the real test will be if the system clock stays set between power downs - correct?

Yeah but that battery only matters when it's unplugged not when it's just turned off...if that's not what you meant by power down. 

Hi,

My Wii U DID have a sticker seal and it had no problems with the screws.

"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#6 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

mine had seal too,if its brand new it should have the seal,mine was perfect,i wouldnt be happy if it was me

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hi,

If that's true, take it back.

#8 Insanejawa

Insanejawa

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:05 AM

No sticker on mine when I bought the Mario Bros U one, how was all the inside packaging? I know they had everything super neat and tidy on mine even the foam wrap was taped down on the console, and I think that would be a lot of trouble to go through for a cmos battery. Does the battery still work and keep time on the U when turned off and unplugged? considering there was no super shock absorbing packaging holding it in place, I could see the screw backing itself out making its way all the way from where ever it put together. "The world is an imperfect place, screws fall out all the time...

Edited by Insanejawa, 16 June 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#9 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

Hi,

It not having a seal worries me. I'd contact either the store you bought it from or Nintendo. I'd probably leave out the you screwed the battery back in. Let them figure it out if they can.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#10 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

If it was me I'd play it safe and exchange it.  I agree it not being sealed would worry me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!