• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

And if you'd like to, state each reason why you gave it that grade

I'll start:

Microsoft: C+ It's a more of a personal since I'm not into many of the Xbox's franchises, but I have to admit that Microsoft showing just games is a huge improvement and at least one game interests me which is Scalebound. 

EA: Didn't see it so I can't give it a grade. Though I will say a new ME is cool. 

Ubisoft: B  I haven't watched it, but my brother did so this is his grade. He told me it was mostly great until the end where they screwed up.

Sony: D WTF Sony? It started great with Destiny and then the conference just got boring throughout the whole show. It was very underwhelming. Not even the teaser with Uncharted 4 could save it.

Nintendo: A- Nintendo is like the the only company who understood what video gaming is about. From a direct with funny moments, great reveals and teasers and they still weren't done. There was the Smash Invitational which I loved and the Treehouse events, Nintendo just went nonstop with E3. I give it a A- because many of the great games won't be out until next year unfortunately. But still, I loved it and Nintendo easily won the conference in my eyes.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#2 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

I'll give it ratings out of 10.

Microsoft: 6/10

Sony: 6/10

Ubisoft: 5/10

EA: 2/10

Nintendo: 8/10

gamz girnalizm all da way

#3 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:04 PM

I just say which I liked best.

For me nintendo won. I've seen both MS and Sony and they both showed things that peaked my interest, sony more (Infamous DLC, LBP3) than ms but nothing got me as excited as Nintendo's Presentation. It had the perfect length and showed everything I was looking for (Zelda, HW, Bayo 2+1) and even some new greatness (Splatoon and Captain Toad). If I had to rank them it'd be Nintendo, sony (while I think it was a bit too long they showed things I'd love to have had I owned a Ps4) and last MS.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#4 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Nintendo: A

Microsoft: B+

Sony: C

#5 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

EA: 4/10 

Boring and conceptual

Ubisoft; N/A 

Was busy and couldn't watch

Microsoft: 7/10 

Game focused and showed some games with a soul.  Solid pacing.  Nothing to blow my socks off but good nonetheless

Lots of faffing about.  Felt like they took a page from MS show last year.  Technical issues and onstage problems (how hard is it to play a 2d platformer on stage?).  Didn't see a reason to own a vita and not just a PS4 accessory.

Nintendo: 9/10

Going off just the direct it would have been a 8/10, but all the extra stuff going on has bumped it up to 9/10.  Showed off good and varied games.  Love Robot Chicken sketches.  Palutena is a welcome addition.   Zelda U looked great.  New starfox.  Splatoon looks interesting.  Hyrule warriors looked solid.  Finally got more on Bayo2 and Xeno X.  Did things in a way to generate hype.  Fantastic overall.

#6 LinkKennedy

LinkKennedy

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 689 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Microsoft-B. They showed a ton of games but many of them will be available on ps4. The few exclusives were good, mostly Sunset Overdrive and I was a big fan of Phantom Dust, I also really liked Halos anniversary set(60dollars which ain't bad imo).

EA-F. I like Mass Effect(favorite series of last gen) but they didn't really show anything and dragon age looks nice but outside of that it was really boring(game and presentation wise).

Ubi-I didn't see it but FarCry4 looks awesome.

Playstation-B+. Started awesome and then boring but then finished good. Still the games is what matters and Sony showed several I liked, The Order, LBP, Uncharted and my personal favorite No Mans Sky(I know it's on PC but it's exclusive on consoles) and all of them are exclusives. Almost forgot Grim Fandingo lol.

Nintendo-B+. Like Microsoft it was all about games and it never got boring. The games that stood out for me were Zelda(obvious I know lol), Splatoon(looks extremely fun), and Smash Bros, there was also that Starfox announcement behind the scenes which is a plus to. Also there's several stuff on the 3ds but I didn't get to catch that stuff.

Edited by LinkKennedy, 11 June 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

I only watched Sony and Nintendo's.

Nintendo's, I give a A-. Loads of awesome stuff, and just a joy to watch the conference.

Sony's, I give a B-. Lots of games, although the conference was about an hour too long. Also Grim Fandango.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:23 PM

Sony: 7/10

Microsoft: 6/10

Nintendo: 9/10

Ubisoft:4/10

EA: 0/10

#9 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Nintendo: 9 GIve us metroid 3DS+ wiiU teaser/confirmation and 10

Sony: 6 good beginning and end, but they made so many of the microsft 2013 mistakes

Microsoft: 7 Had plenty of games, some of interest

Ubisoft: 5 meh

EA: 2 Only reason they didn't get 0 was because of Bioware.

#10 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:08 PM

Microsoft: C+

EA: C-

Ubisoft: B

Sony: B+

Nintendo: A

#11 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 19 May 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

MS B- Ori and Scalebound everything else meh

Sony D- and would be an f without Grim Fandango

Nintendo A+++++++++ They reinvented E3 and laid the mega tons.

#13 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Nintendo:  9.5

Microsoft:  8.0

Ubisoft:  7.5

Sony:  6.0

EA:  2.0

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

ms c
ubi f
ea f
sony d
nintendo b

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

My problem with Sony and Microsoft is that every second game they showed was a shooter. An adventure shooter, a steampunk victorian shooter, a sci fi shooter etc. etc.

It's not that these games wont be fun, it's just that it's really boring when almost all the games they showed were 1st party shooters along with 3rd party shooters. 

Also what the Wii is with this "timed exclusive" crap? Do microsoft/sony actually think that timed exclusive dlc will make people choose their console over the competitors'?

#16 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Grading each conference with a past company product that represents each conference.

Microsoft: Kin
SONY: MiniDisc
Nintendo: SNES
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#17 Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time

Spiny

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:26 AM

I only watched Nintendos shizzle because I have no interest in sony or microsoft or others..

I didn't even need to watch them to know what people on this forum would say.

Edited by Ocarina of Time, 13 June 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#18 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Nintendo: 8/10

Microsoft: 4/10

EA: 7/10 (Only for Sims 4)

#19 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Microsoft: 8/10 They brought their GAME! Which was great, tons of games, tons of content, kept me excited and was a great way to start E3, even though I don't usually care for what these guys have.

(Exciting stuff: Master Chief Collection, Scalebound, Sunset Overdrive, Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha, Phantom Dust)

EA: 4/10 COME ON! The games I was looking forward to were barely there, Mirror's Edge 2, Star Wars Battlefront, and Mass Effect 4. The rest really didn't matter to me. I was disappointed and bored.

(Exciting Stuff: .... They're looking to the movies for inspiration for Battlefront, and Mirror's Edge is looking good... I guess...)

Ubisoft: 7/10 Pretty good showing, though half the games there were at the other conferences, they still had some good things to show, however, not much appealed to me.

(Exciting Stuff: Assassin's Creed Unity, The Division)

Sony: 6/10 Talk about a let down, Microsoft brought so many games and Sony brought nothing, the conference was really really long, and really boring. Except No Man's Sky which looks amazing.

(No Man's Sky, and Destiny)

Nintendo: 9/10 I am biased in this, I know, I can be a fanboy, but Nintendo was amazing and spoke to me more than anything else, it was funny, and exciting, and throughout all of E3, it was Nintendo keeping me hyped, the only thing keeping this from a perfect 10 is they took too long on Yoshi's Woolly World, and the treehouse kept freaking going back to Splatoon.

(Exciting Stuff: Pretty much everything, but mostly Super Smash Bros., Zelda U, Splatoon, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Hyrule Warriors, Code Name: STEAM,Star Fox U and Mario Maker)

Edited by SolxBurst, 13 June 2014 - 05:10 PM.

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

MS C
Sony D