Photo

Which game do you think is the best out of this selection?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dan151204

dan151204

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:27 AM

Please choose your FREE game:

PS_Nintendoland_PEGI.pngNintendo Land

PS_NewSuperMarioBrosU_PEGI.pngNew Super Mario Bros. U

PS_GameWario_PEGI.pngGame & Wario  

PS_Pikmin3_PEGI.pngPikmin 3  

PS_TLoZWindwakerHD_PEGI.pngThe Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD  

PS_SonicLostWorld_PEGI.pngSonic Lost World  

PS_MarioSonicSochi_PEGI_enGB.pngMario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games  

PS_WiiPartyU_PEGI.pngWii Party U  

PS_Wonderfull101_PEGI.pngThe Wonderful 101

PS_MonsterHunter3_PEGI.pngMonster Hunter 3 Ultimate

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:40 AM

pikmin

#3 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

Pikmin 3

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#4 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Zelda, I heard W101 is great too. 

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#5 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

Wonderful 101

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

you're european and bought mario kart 8.

I'd get mh3u, it's the one that never goes down in price in europe, and gives the most replayability.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Monster Hunter, then Windwaker.

#8 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Wind Waker, but I'd suggest getting Pikmin 3 for free then buying Wind Waker. Since WW is cheaper, you'll get a better deal that way. :3

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#9 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:13 AM

Get Pikmin 3. It's my favorite first-party game on WiiU. And for good reason.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#10 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

I've played most of these. I wasn't a fan of Pikmin 3 or New Mario Bros. U. They are both very short and Pikmin 3 is repetitive.

I'd recommend Windwaker HD - I haven't completed it but from what I've played so far I can tell it's easily the best overall game. 

All in all it comes down to what kind of game you like to play - do you want a platformer, adventure, hack n slash or multiplayer game? I'd check out some reviews and promo videos and decide based on that.

#11 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

Windwaker, then 101, then Pikmin

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:47 AM

all

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Out of the ones i played, pikmin.

#14 dan151204

dan151204

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Well thanks all for the answers, I think I am going to go with Pikmin 3 as from the reviews and things I am watching/reading it seems like a good choice.

#15 CodyMKW

CodyMKW

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • NNID:CodyMKW
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

should get LoZ:WW HD I got it and its awesome beware tho you can get lost I don't know where I am the world is so big!:P

4013.png

Signature changes each time page is reloaded want to do that to check out imgweave!

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Games are in order of my perceived value at Full Price, which is what I paid (got Mh U on sale, but got 3ds version full price). Value is a product of Content, variety, challenge/enjoyment, and hours of entertainment. Shorter games with less content, start at the beginning/bottom, whilst more challenging/rewarding games and longer games are at the end/top.

Loz: Windwaker
Great Zelda game. But one ive played many many times before. If you havent played it, its new to you! Remastered for HD with most tedious and irritating problems adressed. 10-15 hour game.

Pikmin 3
Great game, longer than pikmin, shorter than pikmin 2. Has challenge mode with high quality dlc levels. 20 hour game.

Wonderful 101

Esoteric. If you cant learn how to play high skill demand gameplay, to the point that you conciously and organically create your own combos and plan them on the fly, and in advance, while being able to respond to enemy attacks and switch plans on the fly... You will falsely find the game a frusterating, shallow, and unresponsive experience. If however, you can, you are in for dozens upon dozens upon dozens of hours of brain orgasms, across massive, MASSIVE amounts of content, in campaign and mission mode, tons of secrets, exploration, challenges, and incredible replayability, as the gameplay is fluid in dynamic, and no two fights ever need be the same. And on top of it all, is Platinums mind blowing presentation. 50-70 hour game+ Replayability for sheer joy of using the games mechanics to fight stuff.

Monster hunter ultimate: Also Esoteric. Similar explanation as w101, but less sheer volume of crazy moves to master... But level of skill demanded is still pretty consistant If, however, you are able to break the entry barrier, and begin to fundamentally gain an understanding of the game mechanics, you are in for hundreds upon hundreds of hours of action packed brain orgies, and immense feelings of comraderie and accomplishment. 100+ hour game+ Replaybilty just for the sheer joy of the hunt and teamwork.

All of these games are more than worth owning. More so than any other game on the list, and is literally a steal for free.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:20 PM

I chose WWHD solely because none of the others appealed to me. Although I'm from the US and only had four games as an option... I still would have most likely picked WWHD anyway. It's the type of game I could never justify spending any money on, but wouldn't mind having (a remastered port).

I'm sure W101, Monster Hunter, and Pikmin 3 are great games in of themselves, but not really appealing to me. The rest of them I wouldn't even care to have for free... Maybe Wii Party U? Probably not. For the record, I got NSMBU bundled with my system and I haven't been able to get myself past a level or two. It's just so... I don't know. It wasn't even worth being free. =/

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#18 Ecorsbie

Ecorsbie

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Pikmin!!! I am addicted to that game!

#19 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

Despite my personal pick being Pikmin 3...

I will have to go with Wonderful 101 due to its incredibly underappreciated and criminally low sales...  It did poorly, but didn't deserve to.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#20 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:09 PM

Wonderful 101, or Windwaker HD if you haven't played it before. Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter are also great games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!