NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Hello everyone, Wii Fit U director Hiroshi Matsunaga here! 

We’re releasing a new Wii Fit U update (Ver.1.3.0) today! The big news for this version is that we’ve added new courses for Fit Meter Challenge! There are twelve new courses each for Walking Challenge and Climbing Challenge. The new Walking Challenge courses take you on exciting journeys through various countries, and there’s lots of interesting cultural and historical information to discover along the way. We’ve also added exciting new Climbing Challenge courses, with more famous mountains and buildings from around the world. Are you ready to tackle these new challenges? You’ll get something really fun at the end of each course, so do your best and try to clear them all! 

Now I’ll tell you about another change we’ve made. If you’ve been using My Routines to put together your own training routines, you’ll know that up to now you’ve always had to use a controller to proceed to the next activity. Switching activities has been made automatic in this update, so now you don’t need to pick up the Wii Remote or Wii U GamePad every time. It should make My Routines much more convenient to use. 

And one more new feature... When you choose to view your weight changes over one year on the Graph Screen, up to now you’ll have seen only an average weight for each month. With this update, you’ll be able to see individual dates! I think this will be an especially nice feature for those of you who were already training on Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. 

You can find out about lots of other changes too by visiting the Wii Fit U official site. If the weather is good, I hope you manage to go out with your Fit Meter – and if it’s bad, have lots of fun training at home with Wii Fit U!

https://miiverse.nin...CAAAYUKlY3H7RBg

Adds a total of 24 new Fit Meter Challenge courses: 12 Walking Challenge, and 12 Climbing Challenge courses
Adds new headgear for your Mii character, unlocked by completing the new Walking Challenge and Climbing Challenge courses
Adds automatic progression between activities in My Routines, removing the need to use a Wii Remote or Wii U GamePad
Increases support for posting screenshots to Miiverse
Adds display of individual dates to the Graphs screen when viewing weight changes over one year
Adds ability to check altitude data in more detail from the Fit Meter Data screen
Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

Nice!

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

deleted mine from my system.....

#4 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Awesome news on the automatic progression. It's extremely annoying how many times you needlessly had to press "OK" when performing exercises. Press OK to select exercise, press OK after useless "take a break" screen, press OK after calorie total is updated, press "OK" to bypass instruction screen, press OK to start exercise, ect. I hope this is an improvement. I've long wanted to be able to just select the exercises I wanted to do and have them automatically play without having to pick the wiimote up and down constantly.

The Fitmeter thing is kinda nice for some, not for me because I accidently put my fitmeter through the washer and haven't bother to replace it. What I really want to see is some DLC offering extra obstacle courses. Nice to see some kind of additional support for the title though.

Just wanted to add a follow up comment and say how much I've enjoyed this update. I did 3 one hour long workouts using Wii Fit U in the past 4 days. This is such a huge improvement, you can now keep your heart rate up as it goes from exercise to exercise without interruptions or multiple confirmation screens every 5 minutes. For anyone who's been ignoring Wii Fit U I highly recommend you give the updated version a go.

I even wish they'd go further and give us the option to cut every interruption screen that's not an exercise - calorie counter progress, high scores, "why not take a break" screens, tip screens, ect. I just want to do the exercises without interruption...sort of like a fitness DVD.

Edited by alex15810, 24 June 2014 - 10:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!