#1 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

Also, Chrom is confirmed to not be playable, for those who are wondering about Chrom. From IGN article: http://ign.com/artic...ur-new-fighters

Nintendo has clarified that Chrom will not be a playable character in Super Smash Bros.

As a result, today's announcement revealed three fighters: the returning Captain Falcon, and newcomers Lucina and Robin.

Edited by the gamz girnalizt, 14 July 2014 - 08:27 AM.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#2 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • NNID:Lightning_Ninja
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

Was hoping it would be Shulk, but I'm okay with this.

Robin looks fun and interesting.

Got that Capt. Falcon confirmation.

Lucina is probably an alt for Marth (couldn't see any difference in her actual attacks).

All in all it was good.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

Was hoping it would be Shulk, but I'm okay with this.

Robin looks fun and interesting.
Got that Capt. Falcon confirmation.
Lucina is probably an alt for Marth (couldn't see any difference in her actual attacks).

All in all it was good.

I dont see how she could be anything else.

Shes marths descendent.
She has The same sword (falchion has been passed down as a family heirloom)
She was trained under the same combat style
She trained to impersonate Marth himself.... And was damn good at it.

Giving her a moveset too far removed from marths would be out of character.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Captain Falcon confirmed for OP falcon godmaster

#5 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Now people can stop asking for Captain Falcy-doo.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

836224108dea3e2b9480e3a32a861678.jpg

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#7 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

Shes marths descendent.
She has The same sword (falchion has been passed down as a family heirloom)
She was trained under the same combat style
She trained to impersonate Marth himself.... And was damn good at it.

Giving her a moveset too far removed from marths would be out of character.

Oh, I know.  I don't have Fire Emblem listed as one of my fandoms for no reason.  I guess if you are going to show off Robin it would make sense to mention her while you are at it.  It just kind of felt like they made an awfully big deal out of her in the trailer for her to just be an alt costume.  I was expecting her to be an alt for Marth the first time they showed off alt costumes.

#8 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Lucina is a full fledged character: http://www.smashbros...ers/lucina.html

It's just like Link and Toon Link.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:17 AM

Oh, I know.  I don't have Fire Emblem listed as one of my fandoms for no reason.  I guess if you are going to show off Robin it would make sense to mention her while you are at it.  It just kind of felt like they made an awfully big deal out of her in the trailer for her to just be an alt costume.  I was expecting her to be an alt for Marth the first time they showed off alt costumes.

Costume? Even in melee alts were more than costumes.

Alts have similarities, but definately have different moves, specials, stats, and physics, and she will probably have a unique final smash as well.

Ganondorf is a cap falcon alt, but calling him a costume would be pretty disingenious.

The differences are already pretty apparant, and shes only shown seconds of gameplay and screens. She two hands her falchion pretty often, something marth would never do.... And her swordplay looks to be quite noticably faster than marths.

Wii fit trainer male/female are costumes, along with villagers, and the Robins.... But Lucina, definately not a costume.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:27 AM

Edited by BrandedSwordsman, 14 May 2018 - 03:28 PM.

#11 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

I am still holding out for Shulk.

Is it me or is this ROster aiming to be a bit bigger than normal?

#12 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Except for a taunt (which I'd imagine they would've changed anyway for Lucina) I don't see any major differences.  Her up air, neutral air, Down B, Side B, Up B, and idle animations all looked a little too similar to Marth to even be a variation.  I just see her being in the same character slot as marth (selectable in the same way the alt costume for wario in brawl was), and playing the same.  Sakurai has been pretty clear on the "Clone" thing, so I don't see her getting a unique slot of her own on the select screen.  The reason I see them calling her a newcomer is that she isn't actually Marth, as opposed to the villagers which are just gender swaps/you can't call each one its own character.  And why wouldn't he focus more on the differences between her moveset and Marth's in the trailer if she actually plays differently?

Also, "I can only use them so many times, which is why I carry my levin sword!"  Robin, I have some bad news for you.

#13 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

I was expecting chrom and robin to be together, but I thought it'd be the other way around. Wish chrom would help out on a few other moves too though. Lucian looks like she's gonna be the quicker Marth from brawl more or less and Marth will be more reminiscent of his melee self

#14 Envy

Envy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • NNID:WoodwindsRock
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Paper Mario, SSB

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

I am still holding out for Shulk.

Is it me or is this ROster aiming to be a bit bigger than normal?

I would still say that Shulk is almost guaranteed.

The leak had too much right to be thrown out the window with this mistake. Although I hope that it IS thrown out the window beyond Shulk, and we get more newcomers.

-

woodwinds3.jpg

#15 the gamz girnalizt

the gamz girnalizt

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    criticising nintendo

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

oRnuw9P.png

This took me a lot of effort to make, lol.

gamz girnalizm all da way

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 03:38 PM

Except for a taunt (which I'd imagine they would've changed anyway for Lucina) I don't see any major differences.  Her up air, neutral air, Down B, Side B, Up B, and idle animations all looked a little too similar to Marth to even be a variation.  I just see her being in the same character slot as marth (selectable in the same way the alt costume for wario in brawl was), and playing the same.  Sakurai has been pretty clear on the "Clone" thing, so I don't see her getting a unique slot of her own on the select screen.  The reason I see them calling her a newcomer is that she isn't actually Marth, as opposed to the villagers which are just gender swaps/you can't call each one its own character.  And why wouldn't he focus more on the differences between her moveset and Marth's in the trailer if she actually plays differently?

Also, "I can only use them so many times, which is why I carry my levin sword!"  Robin, I have some bad news for you.

You just described the vast majority of alts in your description of why shes not an alt.

Shes also much, much faster than marth in swordplay.

Have you seen any marth gameplay recently?

Much slower than lucina. Looks like we have marths falco/toon link. Im calling own slot right now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Lightning_Ninja

Lightning_Ninja

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:24 PM

Is anyone else seeing a significant speed difference?  I'm not.  Is a little hard to compare since we are comparing a rapid fire trailer to regular gameplay.  Been trying to find a vid of Marth using that same dancing blade combo, since such a long animation would make speed differences apparent, but people don't seem to use it at all in e3 vids. 

Also, I'm saying she looks to be the EXACT same as Marth in terms of moveset, not fairly similar movesets with different properties (Like Ganon and falcon).  And if she plays like a speed/power augmented version of Marth, then Sakurai went back on his whole, "I want to make every character unique".  It would also make her seem like more of a simple clone than anything in brawl, which again, seems like sakurai is going back on something he seemed very clear about.  That's why I'm thinking she is to Marth what Male WFT trainer is to regular WFT, but since she has her own personality and Robin is a new character, they decided to include her in the trailer and draw some attention to her instead of a pic of the day mention, as parade as her as "new". 

Unrelated:

Found this referring to Chrom being in the trailer

a6f.gif

Edited by Lightning_Ninja, 14 July 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#18 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

This is life... this is death... this is--

Lucinax_Palutena.png

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

marth, lucina, and ike seem to be this games version of fox/falco/wolf. There is the weaker faster one, the stronger/normal one, and the powerful semi-revamped semi-clone. 

now that i look at it. the clones seem to be for variations of the most common play styles/characters.

#20 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Is anyone else seeing a significant speed difference?  I'm not.  Is a little hard to compare since we are comparing a rapid fire trailer to regular gameplay.  Been trying to find a vid of Marth using that same dancing blade combo, since such a long animation would make speed differences apparent, but people don't seem to use it at all in e3 vids. 

Also, I'm saying she looks to be the EXACT same as Marth in terms of moveset, not fairly similar movesets with different properties (Like Ganon and falcon).  And if she plays like a speed/power augmented version of Marth, then Sakurai went back on his whole, "I want to make every character unique".  It would also make her seem like more of a simple clone than anything in brawl, which again, seems like sakurai is going back on something he seemed very clear about.  That's why I'm thinking she is to Marth what Male WFT trainer is to regular WFT, but since she has her own personality and Robin is a new character, they decided to include her in the trailer and draw some attention to her instead of a pic of the day mention, as parade as her as "new". 

Unrelated:
Found this referring to Chrom being in the trailer
a6f.gif

Then our destinies are set, we are fated to battle. There may be only one victor.

Asura_x_akuma.jpg

We must place our bets.

If I win, mista brogre must eat a whole bowl of jumbo onions.
if i lose, Ryudo must play Sonic 06 for 48 hours straight.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!