• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 davewhit

davewhit

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Hi guys new to forum and wii u so wondering if anyone can help. Can I use a usb cable from my wii u USB port into my game pad, to charge and play longer than four hours lol

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Hi guys new to forum and wii u so wondering if anyone can help. Can I use a usb cable from my wii u USB port into my game pad, to charge and play longer than four hours lol

You can plug it in with the cable that came with your Wii U or get a bigger battery that Nintendo sells and double your time.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 davewhit

davewhit

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

You can plug it in with the cable that came with your Wii U or get a bigger battery that Nintendo sells and double your time.

Thank you also been told wii u controllers but not sure which is best here in the uk

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:38 AM

Thank you also been told wii u controllers but not sure which is best here in the uk

Wii U Pro controllers by Nintendo give up to 80 hours of battery life. With the latest update for the Wii U, you can navigate the eshop and such with it or the wii-mote etc. I've got 2 and they are great controllers, just beware of some sites like ebay selling ripoffs

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 alex15810

alex15810

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

I don't think that will work. Pretty sure you can only charge it via the wall plug charger.

You have 3 options -

1) Use an extension cord and keep the charger plugged in while playing for those times when the battery gets low. You can charge the gamepad and play with it at the same time.

2) Buy and use another controller such as a Wii U Pro Controller - I highly recommend it, it has a huge battery life.

3) Buy an alternate battery for the gamepad

Good luck!

Edited by alex15810, 08 August 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

If you buy a Wii U pro controller from the Nintendo UK Store get a free T shirt. Yes the batt life is amazing. 80 hours. And doesn't take long to charge up either. Also be safer to buy directly through Nintendo. Been a lot of convincing fakes out there.

Couple things to note if wondering how to spot one. They often have a slighty different Nintendo logo on the underside of the controller. Silver screw on the battery cover instead of black. USB cable is black and short. Even if you do get a grey one make sure it has Nintendo's official logo. Nintendo's are grey and 6 feet long. Have the real Nintendo logo on them.

#7 davewhit

davewhit

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Anyone used the gc2 Gioteck controller know how it fair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!