• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

The PlayStation Network is currently down to due a bombardment of DDoS attacks. Hacker group, Lizard Crew, boast about how they took the PlayStation Network down.

This is not the first time Sony's services have fallen victim to cyber terrorism, and certainly wont be the last. In 2010 the PlayStation Network service was down for almost a whole month. With Sony now charging a premium fee for the service they will need to ensure that their network is secure.

http://eskimopress.c...to-destroy-sony

Shuhei Yoshida @yosp

@jdtjose some people say DDOS attack

.@yosp @jdtjose Yes hello i can confirm there are lizards in Sony's datacenter

PC MASTERRACE

People like this are dinglefarts.

Edited by Ryudo, 24 August 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#2 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

Not sure why you think condoms were created to stop people like that being born, but hey! Whatever floats your boat.
Also Sony seriously need to fix this, people are paying money monthly to get online, yet they're still getting attacked by hackers stopping their paying customers from actually getting their end of the bargain. That's bad

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#3 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Not sure why you think condoms were created to stop people like that being born,

Ok then take people like this and put their wang or taco depending on sex and put bullet ant mitts on them filled with thousands of bullet ants and must endure 30 full minutes of getting bit.

Edited by Ryudo, 24 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

half of this thread is gibberish

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

They had to do it when I was looking forward to playing USF4 on my day off. FFS.

Obviously the work of anti-social morons with nothing better to do. Their parents should take their PC's and let's see how moron react with no internetz for anything over 10 minutes.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 24 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

tNdQmQw.jpg

half of this thread is gibberish

Bullet Ants and the Tribe who makes their young weird mittens full of them.

Edited by Ryudo, 24 August 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#7 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

Ok then take people like this and put their wang or taco depending on sex and put bullet ant mitts on them filled with thousands of bullet ants and must endure 30 full minutes of getting bit.

The things you come up with... Why... Why would you even think of something this harsh :(

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#8 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Just thought I would point out that PC isn't immune to this either.  That same group was "attacking" ncsoft too.  Of course, the only problem that caused was I got kicked out of Aion for a few minutes a couple times.  When it is just a DDoS, I kind just go, "Oh, haha, that's cute".  It's not like people's credit card information are getting stolen.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 in June got a massive ddoss attack. Many still not been able to log back in since. Me included. Thankfully game is free and had only barely started so didn't lose anything personally.

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:10 PM

tNdQmQw.jpg

Well there's one thing the ps4 can do at 1080/60
  • CUD likes this

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:28 AM

people overreact to not being able to play video games =(. 

also this is not even close to terrorism, no valuable information is being lost, nobody is getting their accounts hacked, and nobody is dying over it. its literally just a massive prank. should only be worth complaining if sony doesnt extend their subscription over the days PSN was down.

#12 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

Well they also attacked Microsoft, Battle.net, LoL and more and even tweeted that a bomb was placed on the head of sony's airplane so

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

#13 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

people overreact to not being able to play video games =(. 

also this is not even close to terrorism, no valuable information is being lost, nobody is getting their accounts hacked, and nobody is dying over it. its literally just a massive prank. should only be worth complaining if sony doesnt extend their subscription over the days PSN was down.

It's more than a prank. It's also highly illegal. Not comparing it to terrorism. It's still destructive and illegal. It's done by assholes who have pathetic lives.

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

It's more than a prank. It's also highly illegal. Not comparing it to terrorism. It's still destructive and illegal. It's done by assholes who have pathetic lives.

http://mashable.com/...plane-diverted/

Speaking of terrorism, it's possible that the "hackers" have made a bomb threat towards a plane that the president of Sony Entertainment Online was on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!