KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

So some competitive members of the community in Japan have been spending a heck of a lot of time looking at the game in a very in depth way. A lot of you probably won't be interest in/wont understand a lot of what is said here, but there should still be some stuff that interests you. especially comments like:

"This game did not feel like Brawl, and I've been playing a lot of Brawl lately to prepare and I almost feel bad for doing so. It actually felt more like Project M, to be honest if I had to compare it to something, but when it comes down to it I almost feel like I'm insulting the work put in to this game to simply size it up to some previous iteration by saying "It's like Brawl" or whatever else.

This game has soo much freakin' stuff in it. I now understand what Sakurai was saying when he said they basically rebuilt all the characters. Even though many characters possess the same movesets, you can really tell they aren't the same. The animations have been rebuilt from scratch. Peach has mostly the same moveset, but her body moves so intricately and 100% differently in the way that she executes them. It is absolute madness to witness.

I really do believe the characters were built from the ground up. Same move-sets withstanding. Characters interact with one another in a way we've yet to see, the hit-stun in Smash 4 is unique, and the characters have had literally everything revamped to fit Smash 4's new "style" of mechanics."

Which practically made me 59193d1406414259-st-vs-cts-v-wagon-jizz-

But for competitives this is practically a must read.
Anyway here it is:
https://docs.google....review?sle=true

also here's a n AMA of another player:http://www.reddit.co...ll_answer_what/

I am so hype now. i want o play this game right now. Let me get my hands on it. I want to experience the jizzfest.

oh also if you have any questions about the stuff with in (there are some terms and stuff that are kind of hard to understand without backing knowledge) feel free to ask. I'll most likely be ale to answer and will be happy to do so.

EDIT: Feel like I should add it's best if you read both. Since there's so much to do some things are left out or misstated by one person and corrected by the other. An example is the first person said Ike had no alternate costumes but the second said he has some sort of armor alternate. Either his black night or vanguard costume from FE:A

Videos of the demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5ifxtQfMM

Edited by WydrA, 06 September 2014 - 06:52 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#2 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

you have the link of the gift in your 'must read'

#3 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

you have the link of the gift in your 'must read'

Sorry bout that. Fixed :)

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

Link

- Link has a costume with like red markings under his eyes. It looks nothing like link... But his eyes are whitened and has red markings and he's dark colored clothing. There's also a white and blue link.

fierce deity mask

59193d1406414259-st-vs-cts-v-wagon-jizz-

(sorry, had to copy you : p)

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

fierce deity mask

59193d1406414259-st-vs-cts-v-wagon-jizz-

(sorry, had to copy you : p)

Yeah the other person in the AMA confirmed it was fierce deity. I think he said there was a little less detail on the tunic? But overally pretty much the same.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#6 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Oooh I really hope this game caters to the competitive players, then they can finally shut up about how bad brawl was, and maybe I'll start joining the competitive scene too. So it's Neither Melee nor Brawl, but a brand new version. The way it should be. and I'm loving it

Fierce Deity mask is the only costume I'll be using as Link

As well as Alph will be the only costume I'll use for Olimar. (I could go on a long rant about Olimar but i'll save that for another time)

Sad to see that there's no shiny Lucario in this game, ahh well. 

It also sounds like Sonic has shadow and silver colour versions of him. They mention he has a white, and black colour as well as shades of blue

Palutenia has a viridi colour swap, that sounds pretty great. 

I think i'll enjoy this game

1 problem though. They've said it may be hard for normal 3DS users. I have a normal 3ds, I seriously hope the screen isn't too small :(

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

#7 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Oooh I really hope this game caters to the competitive players, then they can finally shut up about how bad brawl was, and maybe I'll start joining the competitive scene too. So it's Neither Melee nor Brawl, but a brand new version. The way it should be. and I'm loving it

Fierce Deity mask is the only costume I'll be using as Link

As well as Alph will be the only costume I'll use for Olimar. (I could go on a long rant about Olimar but i'll save that for another time)

Sad to see that there's no shiny Lucario in this game, ahh well. 

It also sounds like Sonic has shadow and silver colour versions of him. They mention he has a white, and black colour as well as shades of blue

Palutenia has a viridi colour swap, that sounds pretty great. 

I think i'll enjoy this game

1 problem though. They've said it may be hard for normal 3DS users. I have a normal 3ds, I seriously hope the screen isn't too small :(

Well coming from someone who was introduced to the competitive from brawl, Brawl was pretty bad in comparison to Melee. Sakurai was quite literally trying to do thing take our fun out of the game. Like he made decisions that were purposely And you know there are several Alph costumes, right? More choice for you :) an eff you to the community. Not a fun time :/

Yeah I was thinking white could be a silver skin.

hnestly looking at all the stuf I plan to buy from Nintendo soon, they're going to have all my money ;_;

like Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, W101, DK:TF, SM3DW, New 3DS, Smash Bros on 3DS and Wii U, all before 2015. Oh ad I need to get my current 3DS repaired.

Anyway

Some videos of the demo being played (I'll also add these to the first post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5ifxtQfMM <---- don't know why this isn't showing up but copy-pasting link in bar works

Edited by WydrA, 06 September 2014 - 06:52 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#8 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Oh no, the competitive players are going to completely ruin this game for everyone else now...

#9 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:23 PM

Oh no, the competitive players are going to completely ruin this game for everyone else now...

What makes you say that?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#10 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:06 AM

What makes you say that?

competition ruins everything always because 

#11 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:28 AM

If a casual player doesn't play against a competitive then I don't see why this ruins the game...

And I swear they said online play would pair you up with people that have a similar skill level. Maybe not just at first but, once they determine your score they put with other people that have a similar one.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#12 Ledo Jaeger

Ledo Jaeger

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • NNID:Aarony

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

WydrA your post made me so excited ;-; Life has been so busy I've forgotten to be excited about new video games. Thanks for reminding me of the importance of fun and games ;D I was wondering how this game would 'feel' compared to past smashes, so to hear that it has a new air to it makes me giddy

In other words, I love you

#13 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

sounds great so far, just wondering what the differences between the wiiU/3DS version will be now. not getting the 3DS version simply because i could never get into handheld games, no matter how good they are =/

#14 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

If a casual player doesn't play against a competitive then I don't see why this ruins the game...

And I swear they said online play would pair you up with people that have a similar skill level. Maybe not just at first but, once they determine your score they put with other people that have a similar one.

Not only hat but there's a mode for competitive players and a mode for casuals. They should be very seperated. All the same, watch the casuals complain about the competitive mode and player non-stop and not the other way around. That's how it always is.

WydrA your post made me so excited ;-; Life has been so busy I've forgotten to be excited about new video games. Thanks for reminding me of the importance of fun and games ;D I was wondering how this game would 'feel' compared to past smashes, so to hear that it has a new air to it makes me giddy

Glad to be of service :)

sounds great so far, just wondering what the differences between the wiiU/3DS version will be now. not getting the 3DS version simply because i could never get into handheld games, no matter how good they are =/

Just out of curiosity why can't you get into handhelds?

A full analysis of Wii Fit trainer. Info is practically pouring out. http://berathen.com/...it-analysis.php

And if that's not enough, you won't have to wait long to be satisfied:

08fGziy.jpg

I command you to get hype.

Edited by WydrA, 09 September 2014 - 05:00 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#15 dotcom

dotcom

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

OstBdCy.png

Already purchased my download card for this game!

Two days and counting <3

...Sorry To Keep You Waiting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!