Photo

Xenoblade Chronicles vs FF XV what do you think?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:12 PM

Not sure if the links work but I wanted to show how FF XV looks wayyyyyy too similar to Xenoblade Chronicles!!! Imitation is the best form of flattery I guess.  So what do you guys think is SE getting some inspiration from Monolith Soft?

Edited by DarkMagician77, 18 September 2014 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:55 PM

http://thewiiu.com/t...ade-impression/

#3 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:31 AM

Uh.... Wow.

Way too similar. On many levels.

#4 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Opps didn't realize that someone else noticed the similarity. Will comment on that side from now on.

#5 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Final Fantasy 15 has been in development for seven years. The similarities are there, sure, but there's only so much you can with a genre as stale as JRPGs.

#6 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

Final Fantasy 15 has been in development for seven years. The similarities are there, sure, but there's only so much you can with a genre as stale as JRPGs.

No more stale than any other genre. FF is not the entire genre. It's very alive and kicking. Tales series and FInal Fantasy don't represent them all and so much out there right now so much better.

#7 ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:10 PM

I definitely feel that FFXV eventually became influenced by the nature of the positive responses about Xenoblade's vast world.

I also believe they have been making adjustments to more closely compete with Xenoblade Chronicles 'X' now that they've seen it, mostly because there's no denying that many people such as myself feel that Xenoblade Chronicles was the proper spiritual successor to the Final Fantasy series when it started going after emo teenager stuff and started completely ignoring that "fantasy" part in the title, lol

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!

Sig_Banner.jpg

www.youtube.com/zyroxz2

Enjoy!  :laugh:

#8 DarkMagician77

DarkMagician77

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

I definitely feel that FFXV eventually became influenced by the nature of the positive responses about Xenoblade's vast world.

I also believe they have been making adjustments to more closely compete with Xenoblade Chronicles 'X' now that they've seen it, mostly because there's no denying that many people such as myself feel that Xenoblade Chronicles was the proper spiritual successor to the Final Fantasy series when it started going after emo teenager stuff and started completely ignoring that "fantasy" part in the title, lol

With the abomination that was FF XIII, SE surely needed inspiration from an actual GOOD RPG that is XBC!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!