25 replies to this topic

#1 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

Hi guys! face-smile.gif i come from nintendolife's forum
what do u say to speak about the features that we would like to have on the next system update (6.0.0)?

let's start:
-the possibility of start wii mode tv only by holding B (now i have to turn off the gamepad everytime -.-); or add a wii icon (near wiiU icon) for start wii by TV button
-gamecube retrocompability with the arrive of gamecube adaptor: is WiiU capable of Gamecube emulation? (reading GC mini disc?) i hope so. maybe creating an image file for the memory cards
-extending the pad compabilty, for ex. the possibility of use the amazing gamecube controllers with other games, not only for Super Smash Bros. Wii U
-integration 3ds-wii u: for ex 3ds as controller, or maybe as a gamepad (maybe new nintendo 3ds)
-adblock and popup block options for the internet browser
-add special amiibo features or app on the wiiu menù and extend the amiibo compability with other games (Super Mario 3D World face-wink.gif)
-ADD SD CARD FEATURES (for ex. the possibility to use it as a memory card for transfer save date to other console)
-add automatic standby function for wii u gamepad (that we can regulate by settings menu), and the option with which we can TURN OFF the gamepad (not only the screen) when we don't want to use it in any software (for ex in wii sport club, etc.)
-quick start menu without the other sleep functions
-gamepad as classic controller for wii mode, and for wii u mode too (by turn off the screen, for battery life always)
-increase the number of mii that you can create
-increase the number of friends that you can have

-more customization (wallpapers and icons for the folders downloadable or personal stamps)

you can find the whole updated list here ;-) http://www.nintendol...u_system_update

p.s. sorry for my english face-wink.gif

RUMOR: the gamecube adaptor will allow to play 8 players at the same time on Super Smash Bros U

Edited by theWAITisOVER, 01 November 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#2 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 22 October 2014 - 06:45 AM

Hi guys! face-smile.gif i come from nintendolife's forum
what do u say to speak about the features that we would like to have on the next system update (6.0.0)?

let's start:
-the possibility of start wii mode tv only by holding B (now i have to turn off the gamepad everytime -.-); or add a wii icon (near wiiU icon) for start wii by TV button
-gamecube retrocompability with the arrive of gamecube adaptor: is WiiU capable of Gamecube emulation? (reading GC mini disc?) i hope so. maybe creating an image file for the memory cards
-extending the pad compabilty, for ex. the possibility of use the amazing gamecube controllers with other games, not only for Super Smash Bros. Wii U
-integration 3ds-wii u: for ex 3ds as controller, or maybe as a gamepad (maybe new nintendo 3ds)
-adblock and popup block options for the internet browser
-add special amiibo features or app on the wiiu menù and extend the amiibo compability with other games (Super Mario 3D World face-wink.gif)
-ADD SD CARD FEATURES (for ex. the possibility to use it as a memory card for transfer save date to other console)
-add automatic standby function for wii u gamepad (that we can regulate by settings menu), and the option with which we can TURN OFF the gamepad (not only the screen) when we don't want to use it in any software (for ex in wii sport club, etc.)
-quick start menu without the other sleep functions
-gamepad as classic controller for wii mode, and for wii u mode too (by turn off the screen, for battery life always)
-increase the number of mii that you can create
-increase the number of friends that you can have

-more customization (wallpapers and icons for the folders downloadable or personal stamps)

p.s. sorry for my english face-wink.gif

Welcome to the forums.

I would automatically assume the following:

• Stability, more optimizing and speeding things up.
  • Adding themes similar to 3DS.

Hopeful for:

• Perhaps more integration with the new 3ds in some aspect.
  • Notifications will improve, messaging from friends list.
  • Amiibo app or Plaza

Edited by Sorceror12, 22 October 2014 - 06:52 AM.

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#3 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you ;-)

Confirmed: 8 players in ssb and 3ds as a controller in ssb too (if u have the 3ds copy, if I have understood well)
in addition Wii U can use two GameCube controller adapters http://nintendoevery.../gc-adapter.jpg

you can find the whole updated list here ;-) Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0) - Wii U Forum - Page 1

so... this girl got the game in advance https://twitter.com/...433533970771969 ...then she wrote that she can't play the game till MONDAY https://twitter.com/...463430936117251 ...all the latest updates came out on MONDAY http://en.wikipedia....system_software ...so i think that this monday we'll have the next system update face-wink.gif do u agree??

#4 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

Thank you ;-)

Confirmed: 8 players in ssb and 3ds as a controller in ssb too (if u have the 3ds copy, if I have understood well)
in addition Wii U can use two GameCube controller adapters http://nintendoevery.../gc-adapter.jpg

you can find the whole updated list here ;-) Next WiiU System Update (6.0.0) - Wii U Forum - Page 1

so... this girl got the game in advance https://twitter.com/...433533970771969 ...then she wrote that she can't play the game till MONDAY https://twitter.com/...463430936117251 ...all the latest updates came out on MONDAY http://en.wikipedia....system_software ...so i think that this monday we'll have the next system update face-wink.gif do u agree??

There was a story before the latest Nintendo Direct stating how there might be an update directly after it aired because a few people tried to update their system and got an error message. Seems as though there was some sort of update sent out to a very few and then it was taken down. *very limited* . 

I'd expect an update before Smash releases.

B1r7AcGIMAAh_6W.jpg

Edited by Sorceror12, 07 November 2014 - 06:05 AM.

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#5 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:11 AM

I also experienced the unsuccessful system update in the past...that happens when your connection doesn't work properly ;-)

#6 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:16 AM

I just wish I could message my friends from the FRIENDS list. Please!

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 07:55 PM

I just wish I could message my friends from the FRIENDS list. Please!

Hahaha

I know. That would be the LOGICAL thing.

When I first got my Wii U, all I could think was "who got paid to think this one through?"

#8 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

Version 5.3.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

Changes to System Settings:

amiibo Settings has been added to System Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

enjoy ;)

#9 KB90

KB90

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:36 AM

Version 5.3.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

Changes to System Settings:

amiibo Settings has been added to System Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

enjoy ;)

Is the update automatic, if not where do I find it?

#10 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

Is the update automatic, if not where do I find it?

Wii u system settings. You can manually retrieve an update there if necessary

#11 KB90

KB90

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:47 AM

Wii u system settings. You can manually retrieve an update there if necessary

Thank you. I just checked and got the message 'your console is up to date'
B)

#12 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Thank you. I just checked and got the message 'your console is up to date'
B)

Awesome, usually updates will install in the background. Last night when I heard an update was out, I didn't give my Wii U a chance to do it on it's own lol. I was gaming and already logged on, so before I went to bed i just hit it up manually.

#13 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:35 AM

I experienced another unsuccessful system update...maybe a new update will be available on December? face-smile.gif

Version 5.3.1 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

Mario Kart 8 highlight reel upload fix:

• Resolved an issue that resulted in some users receiving error code 104-1852 while uploading a Mario Kart 8 highlight reel to YouTube

• Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

NEWS: youtube app receives an update

about wii u memory error: http://nintendoevery...lame-for-wii... and http://nintendoevery...ing-issues-w...

#14 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

woah... thats kind of a big deal...

Wii U: new firmware update released (5.3.2)

• Increased stability and convenience of the system

• - More comfortable as enjoy, we have improved the stability and convenience of the system.

#15 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:38 AM

I'd like to have the option to turn off the screen of the gamepad. Future update for that please.

#16 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

so strange that this time in my wii u the download doesn't start automatically...?? why??
btw i've another question...if u have an external hard drive where the system installer files goes when u download them?

#17 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:54 PM

so strange that this time in my wii u the download doesn't start automatically...?? why??
btw i've another question...if u have an external hard drive where the system installer files goes when u download them?

I think the auto download takes a bit to kick in, perhaps several hours or half a day or at least it would be distributed at different times across regions to prevent high server traffic. ( i think ) . i would believe all system files go direct to internal wii u memory.

#18 theWAITisOVER

theWAITisOVER

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:59 PM

I think the auto download takes a bit to kick in, perhaps several hours or half a day. ( i think ) . i would believe all system files go direct to internal wii u memory.

i don't know :huh:

i think the installer.exe to put it quite simply ;)

#19 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

Been a while since we had an update.. i bet the next one is going to be quite extensive. With the news of the club nintendo successor due this fall I have a feeling it will be integrated within the OS for Wii U and 3DS and include added/new membership features.

#20 ShyGuysOnStilts

ShyGuysOnStilts

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • NNID:jonrhoades
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PC, Playstation

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:24 AM

Just give me themes nintendo, that is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!