• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:48 PM

Pre-loading is coming to Wii U this year, Nintendo has announced. The functionality will arrive towards the end of 2014.

There are also plans to bring the same feature to 3DS sometime in 2015.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed the company’s new pre-order plans during the company’s latest investor briefing.

Source

EsE4Tjr.gif

#2 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

What is this again?

And this before something like Cross-Buy? I mean they have it, kinda, NOE does it. NOA... ;-; I refrain from buying some games because of no cross buy lol

Stupid Snowmads!

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:11 PM

What is this again?

And this before something like Cross-Buy? I mean they have it, kinda, NOE does it. NOA... ;-; I refrain from buying some games because of no cross buy lol

You buy the game before release. Before release, you can download it to your system so the MOMENT the game goes live you can play it.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

You buy the game before release. Before release, you can download it to your system so the MOMENT the game goes live you can play it.

Ah. I can see that being useful for people with slower internet speeds, and I gues impatient too. Strange that out of all the things their services need, this is the first to come. Cross-buy needs to be standard, games linked to account, proper chat, friends out of Miiverse and app and just a thing you can access in the menu easily without opening an app per se. Take what we get I guess. :D

Stupid Snowmads!

#5 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Ah. I can see that being useful for people with slower internet speeds, and I gues impatient too. Strange that out of all the things their services need, this is the first to come. Cross-buy needs to be standard, games linked to account, proper chat, friends out of Miiverse and app and just a thing you can access in the menu easily without opening an app per se. Take what we get I guess. :D

Or big games, I'll definitely be using this for Xenoblade Chronicles X as it will probably be massive.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#6 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

That's not crossbuy though... Crossbuy is You buy SSb4 for Wii U, get 3DS Version.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#7 TheDoctor_13

TheDoctor_13

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

That's not crossbuy though... Crossbuy is You buy SSb4 for Wii U, get 3DS Version.

Where did I say it wasent? Though I meant for more smaller titles like Shovel Knight and Shantae. But Smash, Monster Hunter, Sonic titles, those would be nice, but not needed.

Stupid Snowmads!

#8 iEatTacos

iEatTacos

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 724 posts
  • NNID:iEatTacos
  • Fandom:
    Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Legend Of Zelda

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:46 PM

Cool, i don't usually buy digital, but this is a big plus.

#9 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:43 AM

Also Smash Bros. will be the first game for you to be able to do this with. I know for sure I'll be downloading this in advance using this feature.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#10 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

Or just buy the physical copy.... man I wish digital never becomes the norm.

#11 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:52 AM

Or just buy the physical copy.... man I wish digital never becomes the norm.

I don't think it will, at least for quite some time. Main reason is internet cap that many across the world still have. Downloading these games (as they get bigger and bigger) just is not as feasible to quite a large percentage of people. 

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!