• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:22 AM

Rodea the Sky Soldier was originally announced back in 2011, as a NiGHTS style game by Sonic the Hedgehog creator Yuji Naka and his studio Prope. This week’s issue of Famitsu magazine confirms the game is still alive. [Thanks Game Jouhou]

To give you an idea of what the game is like, think of it as a NiGHTS-style flying action game, where you get to shoot down all kinds of aerial machines.

While it seemed like the game had been cancelled after going so long with little information, Kadokawa Games mentioned last year that Rodea was still in development.

According to the magazine report, Rodea the Sky Soldier was originally in development for the Nintendo 3DS and Wii, but it will now release for Wii U and 3DS. There was also an original Wii version of the game, which was completed back in 2011, but never released. Since then, they began new developments for a Wii U version of the game.

The Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier that never released will also be included in first-print copy of Rodea the Sky Soldier for Wii U when it releases in Spring 2015 in Japan.

Read more stories about Nintendo 3DS & Rodea the Sky Soldier & Wii U on Siliconera.
Read more at http://www.siliconer...f5eR1ogjOE59.99

I been waiting for this game for years. I want both versions.

Edited by Ryudo, 11 November 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#2 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:11 AM

I'm rather surprised that this game is still coming.  I hope we get to see more of it.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

So, is the Wii version supposed to be separate from the Wii U copy in the bundle, or is this supposed to be some Master Quest do up? It just sounds weird.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

So, is the Wii version supposed to be separate from the Wii U copy in the bundle, or is this supposed to be some Master Quest do up? It just sounds weird.

Wii version won't be released,now be on Wii U and in HD.

#5 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

I hope they do Wii U version justice. I thought the little we saw for Wii looked good for the hardware. Hopefully they can take full advantage of the Wii U and what it has to offer... most important though will this come to the states? will be F N pissed if it doesnt.

#6 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

Looks like skyward sword mixed with pilot wings mixed with... Sonic?

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#7 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

Looks like skyward sword mixed with pilot wings mixed with... Sonic?

Think more NiGHTS mixed with Sonic and SoTC. There was a Trailer where you fight a giant not unlike Sotc.

First Screens. Like I figured just the Wii Version in HD. That's fine. Prope is already deep in the whole on this game so I'm ok not blowing me away visuaally.

http://gematsu.com/2...y-soldier-wii-u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!