• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

flow_mariokart8.jpg

Patch notes:

0) Added new content via DLC, need to update first before you can download the extra content.
1) Added support for amiibo. Scan amiibo figures to unlock racing suits for your Mii characters.
2) Introduces additional enhancements to improve the user’s experience and enjoyment.

http://www.nintendo....date/index.html

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 alfiebp

alfiebp

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Fandom:
    LoZ, Mario, Sonic, illusion of time

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:50 AM

Has anyone played this yet? Mine downloaded just as i had to leave for work gutted :(

Can't wait to try the excite bike areana and the hyrule course, not overly enthusiastic about having a third rainbow road, fingers crossed they don't give us another one next May!

Also is the hyrule DLC avliable today does anyone know?

#3 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:00 AM

Played it early this morning. Was a blast!

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#4 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:46 AM

I'm playing it now and gonna continue at work later on too. The new tracks are very well done and kinda harder than usual. 

zZJ9pHB.png
Special thanks to Horchata. I appreciate it so much.

#5 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:51 AM

How does the online matchmaking work now? Does it only group people together who have DLC? 

PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#6 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:00 AM

How does the online matchmaking work now? Does it only group people together who have DLC? 

If you have the DLC, you have an option to play in a normal + DLC room or a no DLC room. When entering online mode, I think you just hit + and choose...

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#7 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:09 AM

If you have the DLC, you have an option to play in a normal + DLC room or a no DLC room. When entering online mode, I think you just hit + and choose...

Nice! I heard that they also fixed the point system? Apparently people were complaining about it before (not exactly sure what) but I saw some forums where they said it appears to be tweaked and better.

Edited by Sorceror12, 13 November 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#8 Rasvita

Rasvita

Spiny

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • NNID:Squish
  • Fandom:
    One Piece, Fire Emblem, umm...others?

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:14 AM

I was playing the new stuff this morning.  I like that Link seems to be the same weight class as Waluigi and Rosalina (my favourite weight class).  The new courses are nice, but they made it obvious that I hadn't played the game in a while.

NNID:  Squish

3DS :  2406-5151-7673

Steam:  Squishton Rasvita

#9 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:45 AM

The F-Zero stage was amazing! Looked amazing and makes me wish F-Zero was on Wii U

#10 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

Has anyone played this yet? Mine downloaded just as i had to leave for work gutted :(

Can't wait to try the excite bike areana and the hyrule course, not overly enthusiastic about having a third rainbow road, fingers crossed they don't give us another one next May!

Also is the hyrule DLC avliable today does anyone know?

You can't have too many rainbow roads.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#11 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

I haven't played it yet. Gonna play it later today as a reward for finishing my drums exam.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#12 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

Great tracks. Can't understand why they chose to have a new Mario and a new Peach instead of Captain Falcon.

#13 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Because.

Catsuits.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#14 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

Great tracks. Can't understand why they chose to have a new Mario and a new Peach instead of Captain Falcon.

Catsuit Peach is sexy. Although I would love Captain Falcon as a character, he would have been an awesome addition and a good way to spark even more interest in a Wii U F-Zero game then there already is. 

zZJ9pHB.png

#15 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:36 PM

How do you unlock the Master Sword in the Hyrule track? I did it once accidentally but I can't do it again.

#16 KB90

KB90

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

How do you unlock the Master Sword in the Hyrule track? I did it once accidentally but I can't do it again.

I would also like to know this and also what does it actually do?

#17 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:51 PM

I would also like to know this and also what does it actually do?

It's a shortcut that you can jump through, I believe if you hit the master sword it may also give you a slight boost.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#18 Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dat Mario Kart Life.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

Those three gems before the sword are what activates that ramp to go through the Master Sword. You have to hit all three so they light up and it will play the Zelda secret sound.

zZJ9pHB.png

#19 KB90

KB90

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

Thank you guys. :)

#20 Raiden

Raiden

wall crusher

• Members
  • 4,738 posts